╌>

Man Yells 'Heil Hitler, Heil Trump' During Theatre Intermission

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  113 comments

The man, who had been seated in the balcony, began shouting “Heil Hitler, Heil Trump.” Immediately after that, “People started running,” Scherr said. “I’ll be honest, I was waiting to hear a gunshot. I thought, ‘Here we go.’”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The Baltimore Sun reported that during an intermission of a performance of the play Fiddler On The Roof a man up in the balcony started yelling 'Heil Hitler, Heil Trump,' which caused panic within the theater, as people thought they were going to be shot.

Thankfully, the man wasn't armed and security hustled him out quickly as people began fleeing the theater.

Audience member Rich Scherr said the outburst during intermission prompted fears that it was the beginning of a shooting. The man, who had been seated in the balcony, began shouting “Heil Hitler, Heil Trump.” Immediately after that, “People started running,” Scherr said. “I’ll be honest, I was waiting to hear a gunshot. I thought, ‘Here we go.’”

This is the new, horrifying normal under the Trump administration.

Fiddler on the Roof, "The story centers on Tevye , the father of five daughters, and his attempts to maintain his Jewish religious and cultural traditions as outside influences encroach upon the family's lives."

After the Pittsburgh synagogue massacre , it's understandable how frightened the audience members were.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

If only they would have thought about Springtime For Hitler, they would have realized Nazism is funny and everyone in the theater would be happy again. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.2  Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

Probably a leftist or antifa.

PJ
Masters Quiet
3  PJ    6 years ago

This is another sign that our country has been altered...... and not for the better.  

jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
3.1  lennylynx  replied to  PJ @3    6 years ago

You're right, PJ, Trump has permanently damaged America.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  arkpdx  replied to  lennylynx @3.1    6 years ago

How? 

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.1.2  PJ  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.1    6 years ago

Somethings don't need explaining......jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png   

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
3.1.3  Cerenkov  replied to  PJ @3.1.2    6 years ago

Translation: nothing changed except faux liberal outrage. Funny.

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.1.4  PJ  replied to  Cerenkov @3.1.3    6 years ago

Wha......?  What's going on?  I was focused on "You're right, PJ".  Everything else about the conversation is irrelevant.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.1.5  arkpdx  replied to  PJ @3.1.2    6 years ago

So you got nothing. No surprise there! 

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.1.6  PJ  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.5    6 years ago

shrug...I was trying to be funny but the truth of the matter is that the hate within the country is at an all time high and some of the worst factions of citizens in our country have become emboldened under this Administration.  You can deny it, make excuses or try and deflect but facts don't lie.  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
3.1.7  Nowhere Man  replied to  PJ @3.1.6    6 years ago
I was trying to be funny but the truth of the matter is that the hate within the country is at an all time high and some of the worst factions of citizens in our country have become emboldened under this Administration.

It's not just this administration, it goes all the way back to the election of Bush II, switched sides with the election of Obama, and switched back again with the election of T-rump.

The hate has been rampant for over a decade and looks like it is not going to ebb any time soon. only the rhetoric of hate has blossomed and some are taking action on that rhetoric.

On both sides.....

Worst case scenario? It keeps escalating until we have a mass political disaster and the government activates the worst parts of the Patriot Act.....

The president in office of course is going to be blamed (either party) and the ones that justified or exacerbated the hate will go off claiming they were justified.

The problem is the rest of us get to pay the price....

In current society? facts run both ways....

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
3.1.8  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Nowhere Man @3.1.7    6 years ago
The president in office of course is going to be blamed (either party) and the ones that justified or exacerbated the hate will go off claiming they were justified.

I agree with most f your post. I do think that IF ANY president wanted to heal the divided THEY have the best chance of doing so. 

The current president isn't likely to take that route unless that route is the easiest way of installing HIS agendas as HE sees fit. 

I too wonder where all this division will lead our country to, I just doubt it is to a greater America as promised. 

I'm old enough to know, money isn't everything. America may be financially prospering but we are dieing in other ways that have been important to our society for a long time. things like facts and words mattering and honesty and truth getting respect. 

Build on sand and you'll likely get buried in it sooner or later. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
3.1.9  Nowhere Man  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3.1.8    6 years ago
America may be financially prospering but we are dieing in other ways that have been important to our society for a long time. things like facts and words mattering and honesty and truth getting respect. 

Complete agreement Steve, ignoring all the important things for a little immediate small feel good victories that are not worth what they bring.... Even worse is the hyperbolic angst expressed at the winning or losing, which is irrelevant to the long haul health of our society....

And there is no relief in sight....

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.1.10  PJ  replied to  Nowhere Man @3.1.7    6 years ago
On both sides.....

And therein lies the problem.  They are not the same. 

Sorry NWM but it looks like we have not bridged any of our irreconcilable differences.  jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif   This is an example of how you broke my heart.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  arkpdx @3.1.5    6 years ago
'So you got nothing. No surprise there!'

Seems to be all you ever offer - is that someone has 'got nothing'  

No Surprise there!

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
3.1.12  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.11    6 years ago

Well when someone answered the questions asked  that won't be necessary. When you all seemingly make up things to blame Trump for without proof what else is there. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.14  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.13    6 years ago

LOL. 

You post a link to an article that verifies that the incident happened. 

I would like you to very carefully go through, word by word, the seeded article above and tell us what part of it is "fake news". 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.14    6 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @3.1.6    6 years ago

Real shame that some Trump hater feels it necessary to voice his opinion at a show, possibly scaring other patrons there to enjoy the show, not focus on politics.

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.1.17  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.16    6 years ago

You can twist it however you want but you can’t change history. These hateful acts are happening because trump supporters have allowed it to fester and grow through the leadership of the man they hold at the highest regard.   They are to blame and history will record their lack of accountability of this Administration. When you have no principles you don’t recognize it lacking in others. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @3.1.17    6 years ago

Once again, let's stick to facts. This guy was a Trump hater. Didn't have a damn thing to do with Trump supporters.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.14    6 years ago

Yes, the incident happened. It was committed by a man who hates Trump. I didn't see that posted here.

It kind of makes a difference in the whole tone of the seeded article when that fact is considered.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
3.1.20  Spikegary  replied to  PJ @3.1.6    6 years ago

And yet, the shouter was an Anti-Trumpet.  How does that fit in with your emboldened faction theory? 

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.1.21  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.18    6 years ago

The fact is, if the trump supporters hadn't voted in the most divisive hateful vulgar immoral person in all of my lifetime there would never have been a resistance or a man yelling in the first place.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @3.1.21    6 years ago

Fact is, if Trump Haters learned to control themselves, maybe people wouldn't be shouting stupid things in theaters or screaming at the sky. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.1.23  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.22    6 years ago

Hmmmmm.........jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Nah...I like my facts better.  jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @3.1.23    6 years ago

Ah!

Got it now.

You like fiction better than non-fiction!

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.1.25  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.24    6 years ago

Nice try Tex.  jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

My facts are "facts".  Your facts are "alternative" facts.  jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.26  Trout Giggles  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.13    6 years ago

And that's all you had to do. You didn't have to re-seed the article

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @3.1.25    6 years ago

Uh, huh.

Sure.

jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.13    6 years ago

Thanks for providing us with, in the words of Paul Harvey, the rest of the story!

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.1.29  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.28    6 years ago

I liked Paul Harvey.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.30  Sparty On  replied to  PJ @3.1.29    6 years ago

Yeah me to ..... i miss him and his shtick.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3.2  KDMichigan  replied to  PJ @3    6 years ago
This is another sign that our country has been altered...... and not for the better.  

I know right, You think with the ACA these triggered snowflakes would seek medical help. But without the lefts faux rage they have nothing. Pretty sad isn't it?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
5  lennylynx    6 years ago

Trump is pure scum, and, at this point, [Deleted]

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
5.1  Cerenkov  replied to  lennylynx @5    6 years ago

Removed for context

epistte
Junior Guide
5.1.1  epistte  replied to  Cerenkov @5.1    6 years ago

removed for context

lady in black
Professor Quiet
6  lady in black    6 years ago

Welcome to trump's America

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  lady in black @6    6 years ago

You mean where Trump haters feel free to yell shit during a play?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7  Texan1211    6 years ago

Hey, let's not keep things in perspective here when we can all rant about Trump.

Shouldn't EVERY politician be responsible for all things done by ANY supporter? Isn't that logical?

And for those that need it:

/S

luther28
Sophomore Silent
8  luther28    6 years ago

Apparently Mr. Trump has some competition for the Idiot of the Week Award.

The fellow will just have to try harder next time.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
8.1  Spikegary  replied to  luther28 @8    6 years ago

Not surprisingly, an Anti-Trumpet doing the shouting, [deleted [personal]]

[There is nothing in] the [rules requiring anyone] to ["update" a copyrighted] seed.

[This seed was time stamped 9:42AM  and typically suffered from being the first one on the internet, or out & out bias, which was pointed out after the first several comments.]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Spikegary @8.1    6 years ago

removed for context

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Spikegary @8.1    6 years ago

removed for context

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
8.1.3  Nowhere Man  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.1    6 years ago

removed for context

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
9  Perrie Halpern R.A.    6 years ago

Here is the most current version of the story:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-yelled-heil-hitler-heil-trump-fiddler-roof-show-baltimore-n936796. 

Information changes as time goes on. That does not make it "fake news" at the time of publishing.