╌>

U.S. House Republican to subpoena ex-FBI head Comey, ex-AG Lynch

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  dulay  •  6 years ago  •  11 comments

U.S. House Republican to subpoena ex-FBI head Comey, ex-AG Lynch
“House Republicans can ask me anything they want but I want the American people to watch, so let’s have a public hearing. Truth is best served by transparency. Let me know when is convenient,” Comey said on Twitter.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The plans by Republican Chairman Bob Goodlatte were immediately criticized by ranking Democrat Jerrold Nadler, who is expected to take over as chairman of the panel next year.
“These subpoenas are coming out of the blue, with very little time left on the calendar,” Nadler said in a statement, adding that Comey and Lynch had indicated “months ago” they would be willing to answer questions voluntarily.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Dulay
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Dulay    6 years ago
The House of Representatives aide told Reuters that Goodlatte is planning to call Comey in for closed-door questioning on Nov. 29 and Lynch on Dec. 5. President Donald Trump, a Republican, fired Comey in May 2017. Lynch left office when Democratic President Barack Obama’s term ended in January 2017.

So now, the GOP House has set the precedent. Issue subpoenas even when people are willing to testify voluntarily.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Lol, such a pitiful act. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    6 years ago

There's no end to this stuff, I guess. It's hard not to wonder how much Congress could accomplish if it weren't always investigating shit.