╌>

Mom cancels baby shower after family ridicules name choice: ‘He will not be allowed to have a nickname’

Category:  Other

Via:  jasper2529  •  6 years ago  •  47 comments

Mom cancels baby shower after family ridicules name choice: ‘He will not be allowed to have a nickname’
“He will not be allowed to have a nickname, he is to be called by his full and complete first name,” she writes.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A woman has gone viral online for allegedly canceling her baby shower because her family and friends were unsupportive of her choice of baby name: Squire Sebastian Senator.

“Dear Members of the Squire Sebastian Senator Babyshower (sic),”   a post on Facebook and shared on Reddit reads . “I have a really important announcement to make. It brings me pain to have to tell you this, but I am cancelling the event.”

The unidentified woman goes on to explain her decision, stating her friends have been spreading “rumors and lies.”

“Y’all have been talking s--- about my unborn baby. AN UNBORN CHILD. How can you judge an unborn child??” the social media post continues.

The mother shares that she was not “crazy,” or “mentally unstable” or “drunk” when she chose the unique three name moniker, which she emphatically points out “is only his first name.”

“He will not be allowed to have a nickname, he is to be called by his full and complete first name,” she writes.

The woman defended her choice, claiming her family is descended from a long line of “both squires and senators.”

“If you look back in our family tree, the survival of this clan is literally rooted in squiredom. We are all related to senators too,” she writes. “This name conveys power. It conveys wealth. It conveys success.”

“My baby’s name WILL be a revolution,” she continued.

Those on Reddit, where the social media post was shared, were about as kind as the woman claimed her family was. Several on the forum website ridiculed the mother over the name she chose for her unborn child.

“No one's talking s--- about your unborn baby. They're talking s--- about your poor naming choices,” one person commented.

“This could be the first ever child to run away from home before he's born,” another quipped.

“I'll say the same thing I tell any friend who gets pregnant: before you settle on a name, imagine growing up with it yourself,” a Redditor wrote.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1  seeder  Jasper2529    6 years ago
“This name conveys power. It conveys wealth. It conveys success,” she added, explaining that she’d chosen the moniker because it hinted at the family’s ties to senators and squires. “My baby’s name WILL be a revolution,” she continued. “It will push people to question everything.”

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1  epistte  replied to  Jasper2529 @1    6 years ago

It seems like this woman has been watching too much of the Kartrashians. Medications for the treatment of delusions a of grandeur will probably have to wait until the baby is born so as to not negatively impact the development of the fetus' brain. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  epistte @1.1    6 years ago
delusions a of grandeur

A good description. I won't judge this woman's mental health. Overall, I feel sorriest for the child, because he'll have to carry the likely ridicule of his given name throughout his life until he's legally old enough to change it if he chooses to do so. 

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.2  epistte  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.1    6 years ago
A good description. I won't judge this woman's mental health. Overall, I feel sorriest for the child, because he'll have to carry the likely ridicule of his given name throughout his life until he's legally old enough to change it if he chooses to do so. 

I'm seeing a divorce in her future and I hope for the child's well being that the father is more stable and sane than she is. It is possible that he will change the child's name to something that is a bit less likely to get him ridiculed on the playground and in whatever social media platform that is popular when he is in 6th grade. 

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
1.2  dave-2693993  replied to  Jasper2529 @1    6 years ago

This kid has no chance.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2  seeder  Jasper2529    6 years ago

First name: Squire Sebastian Senator 

Middle name: unknown

Surname: unknown

Doesn't seem that mom has thought about how her son will be able to fit his first, middle, and last names on a drivers license and other documents.

zuksam
Junior Silent
2.2  zuksam  replied to  Jasper2529 @2    6 years ago
First name: Squire Sebastian Senator 

Nick Name; Squiggy

PJ
Masters Quiet
2.2.2  PJ  replied to    6 years ago

Oopsie - Hahahahahaha  

Talk about a gaffe...... 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jasper2529 @2    6 years ago

Could be worse I guess. She could have named him Sue...

charger 383
Professor Silent
4  charger 383    6 years ago

other kids will give him a nickname

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
4.1  dave-2693993  replied to  charger 383 @4    6 years ago

You are probably right about that.

Might as well name him Sue.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  dave-2693993 @4.1    6 years ago

PJ
Masters Quiet
5  PJ    6 years ago

It sounds like this woman has a very low self esteem.    I imagine the child's name will be the least of his worries.  

This must be her first child.  All 1st time mothers are gung-ho.  Then we get beaten down and worn out.  She'll be referring to him as TS before you know it (Tripple S).

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     6 years ago

I'm sure that before long his nick name will be Triple S...or SSS. 

Actually its kinda of a cool name...I have a fairly long name...Kavika Animikii Zaagiijiwan. The call me Kav for short....lol

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    6 years ago
The mother shares that she was not “crazy,” or “mentally unstable” or “drunk”

In spite of what she thinks, it's definitely one of these.

He will not be allowed to have a nickname

How do you control what other people call him as he gets older? My money is on "Bubba."

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Tacos! @8    6 years ago
How do you control what other people call him as he gets older?

Although parents want our children to be unique and special, we can't control everything. As someone said earlier, maybe this is the mother's first child and that's why she thinks she can control the future. 

Too bad she got so mad at people that she uninvited them to her baby shower. It should have been a happy celebration.

PJ
Masters Quiet
8.1.1  PJ  replied to  Jasper2529 @8.1    6 years ago
Too bad she got so mad at people that she uninvited them to her baby shower. It should have been a happy celebration.

Her reaction tells me that if it wasn't this issue it would have been something else that she would have complained about.  She's someone that strikes me as a Drummed up Drama Queen.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
8.2  Spikegary  replied to  Tacos! @8    6 years ago

My lady friend's daughter goes to school at Lake Erie College and one of her Equine Teammates goes by Shay, except when her parents are there for a show, because they get upset at anyone not calling her Sarah, her given name.  People are weird.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9  Paula Bartholomew    6 years ago

Squire Sebastian Senator

You want your kid to get picked on because of the name, good luck, but don't be surprised if you have to home school.  Why do parents name a baby knowing that the grief they will suffer is coming.

epistte
Junior Guide
9.1  epistte  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9    6 years ago
Squire Sebastian Senator You want your kid to get picked on because of the name, good luck, but don't be surprised if you have to home school.  Why do parents name a baby knowing that the grief they will suffer is coming.

The mother has canceled the baby shower and is claiming that people are picking on her fetus because of its name. Someone needs to remind this woman that her fetus didn't choose the name that is being ridiculed. She chose the name and people are ridiculing her decision. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
9.2  Spikegary  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9    6 years ago
Why do parents name a baby knowing that the grief they will suffer is coming.

Becuase they are thinking of themselves instead of what is best for their child.  The self-centered everyone gets a trophy crowd.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11  TᵢG    6 years ago

Poor kid, to have a mother like this.

He will likely go by one of those three names, but obvious nicknames will be S3 or Triple-S or S-cube.  No way this kid will not opt for a nickname.

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
11.1  Old Hermit  replied to  TᵢG @11    6 years ago
He will likely go by one of those three names, but obvious nicknames will be S3 or Triple-S or S-cube.  No way this kid will not opt for a nickname.

If he turns out to be tough enough perhaps he'll become known as "Snake". sssssss Snake-Plissken.jpg

This is an article from Curious Kids, a series for children. How do snakes make an “sssssss” sound with their tongue poking out? – Lewis Maruno, age 4, Sydney.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
12  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     6 years ago

And here I thought my parents were mean. They told me my middle name was " albergetty alowishus"

I found out it was a family joke when I got in trouble at school because they didn't believe it when I told them that was my middle name and I couldn't spell it. The Teacher called my mom and they all had a good laugh at my expense.... I was pissed.  I never did think that shit was funny,  I was embarrassed !