╌>

Some Christians Are Mad at Mattel for Considering Same-Sex Wedding Dolls

Category:  Religion & Ethics

Via:  hal-a-lujah  •  6 years ago  •  16 comments

Some Christians Are Mad at Mattel for Considering Same-Sex Wedding Dolls
Say a non-prayer for the angry conservatives who must be exhausted trying to keep up with all the companies they can no longer support because they’re trying to be inclusive.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Mattel, the company that produces Barbie dolls, has plans to meet with a gay couple to create a same-sex wedding set. The move comes after Nick Caprio and Matt Jacobi couldn’t find a same-sex doll set for Jacobi’s 8-year-old niece, then lobbied Mattel to diversify their iconic products. The meeting is set to take place this week.

Predictably, this has caused outrage among evangelicals who can’t help but worry about the children.

Here’s how LifeSiteNews spun the story — note the quotation marks around “wedding,” as if it’s only make-believe.

Homosexual celebrations could be coming to toy aisles nationwide soon if Barbie manufacturer Mattel accepts a proposal to produce sets of same-sex “wedding” dolls .

“Lefty types seem to have an obsession with molding the kiddos to do their bidding. It’s kind of disturbing, really ,” Corey Stallings lamented at Louder with Crowder, also taking aim at the couple’s notion of making a birthday present for the niece about them.

Way to make the gift all about yourself, chief. Maybe for Christmas I’ll follow suit and give everyone a stocking full of guitar strings, handgun ammo, and beef jerky,” Stallings wrote. “You know, things I like. I’ll top them all off with a picture of myself.”

Or… maybe they just want the niece to see other representations of their marriage through a toy she enjoys. (I take it he doesn’t have the same complaint when straight parents give Ken and Barbie to their kids…)

Mattel wouldn’t be forcing anything on families, either, because parents could still choose whether or not to purchase the products.

Say a non-prayer for the angry conservatives who must be exhausted trying to keep up with all the companies they can no longer support because they’re trying to be inclusive.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

We had a great Christmas with our son and his husband. Two of our favorite people on earth.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1    6 years ago

We're going to my brother and brother in law's for Christmas eve.  It's always an awesome party that the whole family goes to and we never miss.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1    6 years ago
Two of our favorite people on earth.

Good for you.

I had a great Christmas party last night with my 3 daughters also. Three of our favorite people on earth.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3  epistte  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1    6 years ago

Good for you and them.

It's hilarious to watch thumpers get bent out of shape because society refuses to stay in a WASP 1950s that never existed where they are comfortable with bigotry and don't have to change.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3  MrFrost    6 years ago

Wait until they find out that there are Christians that are gay.....and married.. LOL

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
4  SteevieGee    6 years ago

They're already boycotting Disney which is half the toy department.  Now if they boycott Mattel that leaves...  I don't know, a dreidel?  Merry Xmas.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5  Krishna    6 years ago

Gay dolls?

This is the most upsetting thing I've heard in weeks-- now I'm not going to be able to sleep....this has ruined the holiodays for me.

Is there any way we can put a stop to this?(We need stronger government regulation of morality-- perhaps Trump will have the courage to find a way to stop this?)

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
5.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Krishna @5    6 years ago

Maybe a steep tariff on plastic boobies and stuff.  Wait...  That could cost him thousands over the next few years.   What to do...  What to do...

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
6  Phoenyx13    6 years ago
Mattel wouldn’t be forcing anything on families, either, because parents could still choose whether or not to purchase the products.

well the religious will/do view it as it being "forced" upon them and they'll just create another "war" since they seem to be seeking out things to be angry and war-like about constantly, including holidays.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    6 years ago

Don't like the doll? Don't buy the doll. Life is simple.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.1  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @7    6 years ago

Capitalism, at it's finest.