╌>

Can anyone here do either one of these things?

Category:  The Zoo

By:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  6 years ago  •  12 comments

1. Climb a set of steps supported only by your head.

2. Spin discs with your hands and feet while supporting yourself only by your teeth.

There were no wires from above supporting them.

Just wondering. I watched (and as you see, photographed) them actually being done.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  author  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

With the few teeth I have left in my mouth? 

PJ
Masters Quiet
2  PJ    6 years ago

As a former gymnast I can tell you it's amazing what you can train your body to do.  It takes practice, practice, practice and a lot of failures.   I spent more than one summer on crutches for pulling and ripping ligaments.   

In the end, it's results like the photos you shared that are worth the failures.  It's nothing short of art at the highest form.

Thanks for sharing Buzz.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
2.1  dave-2693993  replied to  PJ @2    6 years ago

My daughters coach always said "practice does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect".

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5  Snuffy    6 years ago

Those pictures are amazing.  Have to give credit for the hours and days of work to be able to perform that.

At this point in my life, about the only real athletic thing I can do is perform periodic gravity checks.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     6 years ago

No problem, I does those and more on a daily basis...Then I wake up and fall out of bed.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
7  dave-2693993    6 years ago

Nope.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
8  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

The second picture does not look healthy at all.  I suspect she will be having severe back problems later in life.

My oldest grand daughter (11) is getting serious about gymnastics now.  I saw her over Christmas, and her physique has noticeably changed since I saw her six months ago.  She’s hard as a rock with muscle, and has a six pack.  She may be the next Mary Lou Retton.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
9  nightwalker    6 years ago

Well, I tried to go DOWN a staircase on my head once, by accident, does that count?

Sort of interesting, amazing how much you can twist your body around when your feet are in the air but I have to admit it isn't one of my skills, but skilled enough to NOT land on my head.

How do you practice anything that involves supporting your body with your teeth and neck without losing teeth?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  nightwalker @9    6 years ago

LOL.  I've already lost most of my teeth, and I sure as hell didn't use them to support my body.