╌>

Who Needs Feminsim ?

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  johnrussell  •  5 years ago  •  11 comments

Who Needs Feminsim ?

There is a discussion on another thread about political correctness, which reminded me of this video I saw show up on my You Tube recommendations yesterday.

There are those who associate the complaints or projects of feminism with the need to be politically correct, but when I see a video and an "argument" like this it makes me understand the frustrations and even upset that the activist ladies feel.

What is your view of this video and the worth of "feminism" ?

this is a rebuttal of the Prager video. It is much longer, but the guy goes through the whole thing.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

The speaker in the Prager video essentially demands that women be happy with the role of home maker and mother, and not only that, but literally denigrates those women who do "go out in the world".

Sorry right wing nut job, those days are over.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

That guy won't like me

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    5 years ago

He says you can only be happy if you stay home and care for your husband and children instead of having a job.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    5 years ago

Then he's a moron. My kids were happier when I started working again after we did a permanent station move

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.2    5 years ago

I want to know - if I quit my job and stay home, does he intend to support me and my son in the style to which we have become accustomed?

Is he going to do the same for my employees, who happen to all be women?

Something tells me probably not.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    5 years ago
He says you can only be happy if you stay home and care for your husband and children instead of having a job.

No, I think he was saying two other things. First, that a majority of women were happier before and second, that feminism insists that women fail at some level if they take on traditional roles like homemaking and child-rearing.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

There are a few individuals here who try and tout this "Prager University" series of videos as if they are something other than backwards Christian centered misunderstandings of the modern world.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago

It doesn't need to be "touted." I guess you're trying to say that would be untrue. Prager himself is a Jew. He has had multiple muslims and atheists make videos for the site. There are certainly Christians who have made videos, but so what? Shouldn't each individual video be critiqued for its content and not who the speaker is?

Veronica
Professor Guide
3  Veronica    5 years ago

We all need feminism.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    5 years ago

I wouldn't say all feminism manifests the way he describes it, but certainly some of it has.