╌>

Britain's 'First Transgender Family' Now Transitioning Their 5-Year-Old Son To Female

Category:  World News

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  15 comments

Britain's 'First Transgender Family' Now Transitioning Their 5-Year-Old Son To Female

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A family dubbed Britain’s "first transgender family" has announced that they are encouraging the gender transition of their five-year-old son, Jayden. According to the family, Jayden, a biological male, likes dresses and hates "everything about being a boy."

The little boy's "step-dad," Greg Rogers, is a 27-year-old biological female who now identifies as a male. The child’s mother is a 21-year-old woman named Jody.

Both Jodi and Greg are furious that concerned citizens (referred to as "trolls" by many U.K.-based outlets) have reported them to social services for apparent child abuse. The couple, however, maintain Jayden — who is on track to medically "transition" in a few years — is properly cared for.

"We've had people saying we're using Jayden for attention and that she just wants to be a girl because I changed sex," Greg   told   the Daily Record. "It's ridiculous. Jayden knows nothing about my past. She just knows me as dad."

Greg claims their five-year-old son is "adamant she is a girl," citing the boy's affinity for dressing up as a princess from the popular Disney film "Frozen."

"They say it's cruel we let her wear a dress but is it not more cruel to do nothing when you’ve got a kid who's so adamant she’s a girl she’s ripping her hair off and banging her head off the walls?" said Greg.

The social workers called to the Rogers' home have yet to act against the boy's parents, said Jody. They "see Jayden is well looked after and have no concerns," she claimed.

Jayden told his parents he wanted to be a girl soon after a corrective hearing operation, the parents claimed.

"She developed speech and immediately started saying, 'I hate wearing boys' clothes and everything about being a boy,'" said Greg.

The couple claimed they thought it was “probably just a phase” at first but changed their minds because the behavior has “been consistent ever since. She is adamant she’s a girl."

Jody told the outlet, "All we want is Jayden to be happy and proud of who she is, whatever that might be.”

Jody and Greg have signed Jayden up for Young People's Gender Service where he will receive gender-related counseling. The five-year-old is too young to receive hormone treatment now, but can in a few years,   noted   Heart.com.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    5 years ago

This is just wrong....adults fine, children no.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3  Jack_TX    5 years ago

I'm sorry....this is just child abuse, IMO.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1  TᵢG  replied to  Jack_TX @3    5 years ago

Agreed.   Parents have tremendous control over the shaping of a young mind.   Such decisions should be made by the individual once they achieve adulthood.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.1  epistte  replied to  TᵢG @3.1    5 years ago
Agreed.   Parents have tremendous control over the shaping of a young mind.   Such decisions should be made by the individual once they achieve adulthood.

This is a decision for Drs and psychologists to make. It should not be up to the parents to make any medical decisions.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  epistte @3.1.1    5 years ago

I think it should be up to the individual, once the individual achieves a suitable age of reason.   To me that means at least in the 20s.

And I agree that professional counseling should be part of it.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.3  epistte  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.2    5 years ago
I think it should be up to the individual, once the individual achieves a suitable age of reason.   To me that means at least in the 20s.

Teens have a better long-term outcome when they start at or soon after the onset of puberty. I have doubts that this child is actually trans because it is more likely she is imitating her parents. 

And I agree that professional counseling should be part of it.

Counseling and testing are the mandatory first steps with a team of psychologists who have years of experience in human sexuality. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  epistte @3.1.3    5 years ago

Still have to consider what prompting the parent(s) may be providing, even though they deny doing so.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.5  epistte  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.1.4    5 years ago
Still have to consider what prompting the parent(s) may be providing, even though they deny doing so.

I agree with you. I would be very surprised if this child was actually trans'. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    5 years ago

There is pretty good evidence that a lot of kids go through this kind of thing, but almost all of them grow out of it. It's not necessary - and can be extremely harmful - to set about trying to chart a kid's gender contrary to their biology, especially at such a young age.

The healthier thing generally is to help a kid become comfortable with the biological fact of what they are. Even with older kids, if their feelings persist, they usually just grow up to be gay, not transgender. Prematurely putting them on a transition path is a dangerous thing.

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    5 years ago

There is a show on tv here about a trans person. What I didn't like about it, and think is wrong, is they gave her some kind of blocking medication. The child, now young adult, never went through puberty. Never developed in that way.

Not to be too graphic yet male to female surgery involves using the penis. With this young adult using the blockers, the penis never grew. Basically a teenager that has never gone, or never will, go through puberty.

She also never has had any sex drive as she never reached that point. Now 17 or 18 years old with the genitals of a child.

I am all for trans people being who they are yet something about the treatment this young person has gone through just bugged me. Doesn't seem the right way to go.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
6  Cerenkov    5 years ago

Child abuse.