╌>

Trump calls his own intel chiefs 'extremely passive and naive'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  9 comments

Trump calls his own intel chiefs 'extremely passive and naive'
Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats told members of the committee that ISIS continues to pose a threat in Syria

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

From left: FBI Director Christopher Wray, CIA Director Gina Haspel and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats arrive to testify Tuesday before a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing on “worldwide threats.” (Photo: Joshua Roberts/Reuters)

Trump on Wednesday lashed out at his own intelligence chiefs a day after they gave a Senate committee assessments of foreign threats that radically differed from his own.

On Tuesday, the directors of the CIA, the FBI, the National Security Agency and national intelligence  testified publicly before the Senate Intelligence Committee  that China and Russia currently pose the biggest risks to the United States.

Their views on relations with North Korea, Iran and Syria were conspicuously at odds with what Trump has said about those countries.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats told members of the committee that ISIS continues to pose a threat in Syria. (Trump, in announcing plans to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria, said, “We have defeated ISIS in Syria.”)

Trump's years of experience in making real estate deals in New York, Atlantic City,etc uniquely qualify him to give expert testimony about what's really going on inside of North Korea, Russia, the Middle East, etc, etc. (And that's to say nothing of his first hand knowledge of  military affairs gained by his years of highly decorated service to our country during his exemplary career in the military!

(/sarc)

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Coats said North Korea is unlikely to give up its nuclear weapons. (Trump has said the country no longer poses a threat, and that  he “solved” the crisis with the rogue nuclear nation .) 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
3  luther28    5 years ago

I have always found Mr. Trump to be a bit of a shall we say dolt. This latest absurd blurb has elevated Him to downright stupid.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  luther28 @3    5 years ago

I believe he has surpassed 'fucking moron' a long time ago.

You cannot tell this 'president' anything.

He disregards anything and everything that doesn't stroke his massive bloated ego.  

luther28
Sophomore Silent
3.1.1  luther28  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    5 years ago

I believe that someone less civilized than myself might refer to Him as an out and out asshole of gigantic proportions (Huuuuuuuuuuuge!!!!!!), but I am not that person :).

Yes I am.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  luther28 @3.1.1    5 years ago

Damn! I was hoping I could be that less civilized person!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  luther28 @3    5 years ago

Look not only to what POTUS says, but what he does.  The latter, for anyone that studies history and global matters is really scary. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4  lady in black    5 years ago

Yes, we all know trump is the world's foremost authority on everything doncha know.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @4    5 years ago

He's the most smartest guy in the whole wide world. Just ask him