╌>

Reading Genesis From a Different PoV Part 3

Category:  Religion & Ethics

Via:  drhunk  •  5 years ago  •  8 comments

Reading Genesis From a Different PoV Part 3
Embrace The Future

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Genesis Part 3 today.  Discussing the fall of Adam and Eve and the rise of Agriculture.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
1  seeder  DRHunk    5 years ago

I always thought the Serpent got a bad wrap also. It is a good thing to have knowledge of right and wrong, not sure why the Bible portrays it as a bad thing. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
1.1  Freefaller  replied to  DRHunk @1    5 years ago
not sure why the Bible portrays it as a bad thing. 

My personal opinion is that religion likes to discourage thinking and would rather just have blind obedience.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.2  Gordy327  replied to  DRHunk @1    5 years ago
not sure why the Bible portrays it as a bad thing. 

Maybe because if people have knowledge, they might think for themselves instead of letting someone else or some book do it for them. 

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
2  seeder  DRHunk    5 years ago

We also see in this chapter the first of many atrocities "God" begets against mankind. Are we sure "God" is the good guy? He acts like a dick and gets worse as the bible goes on.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
2.1  Freefaller  replied to  DRHunk @2    5 years ago

Again like my 1st response my opinion a dick god is simply religion trying to gain and maintain control through fear

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.2  Gordy327  replied to  DRHunk @2    5 years ago
Are we sure "God" is the good guy? He acts like a dick and gets worse as the bible goes on.

Also note how theists never seem able to explain what Satan, the supposed "bad guy" of the bible, has done that is so bad. Especially in comparison to the atrocities god has committed. Yet, Satan gets a bad rap and god gets a free pass.

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
3  seeder  DRHunk    5 years ago

Surprised more religious people of News Talkers are not chiming in on the narrators opinions in these videos.  They are only 20min long at the most. Was hoping for more discussion.

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
5  seeder  DRHunk    5 years ago

Link to Part 4, covering Genesis Chapter 4-5