╌>

Reading Genesis From a Different POV CH: 4-5

Category:  Religion & Ethics

Via:  drhunk  •  5 years ago  •  4 comments

Reading Genesis From a Different POV CH: 4-5
Live Long and Prosper

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Kain, Able, First Sacrifice, First Murder...Bronze age?????

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
1  seeder  DRHunk    5 years ago

Interesting bit in this one is how we go from First Man and Woman ever to the Bronze age in 3 generations, what's that 60 years? WTF?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.1  katrix  replied to  DRHunk @1    5 years ago

If you're a biblical literalist, apparently humans never went through our hunter-gatherer stage. 

My neighbor is a young earther, and she visited Ireland.  She had a picture in her scrapbook of the same megalith that I had visited, with a notation under it about how it was 5 or 6 thousand years old.  I wanted to ask her how she thought people could have made it to Ireland, with all the history we know about Ireland, within ... what, a hundred years after the earth was created?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.1  Gordy327  replied to  katrix @1.1    5 years ago
If you're a biblical literalist, apparently humans never went through our hunter-gatherer stage. 

They apparently never went through evolution either. I suppose skipping a few steps here nd there is a real time saver.

I wanted to ask her

You should have. I'm sure it would have involved an amusing bit of logic pretzeling.

DRHunk
Freshman Silent
2  seeder  DRHunk    5 years ago

here is the link t the next one, Time to praise the lord for utterly destroying all life on earth.