╌>

Ilhan Omar claims her Obama comments were distorted, then posts audio confirming controversial remarks

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jasper2529  •  5 years ago  •  28 comments

Ilhan Omar claims her Obama comments were distorted, then posts audio confirming controversial remarks
You know, I will talk about the family separation or caging of kids and then people will point out that this was wrong – I mean this was Obama.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Rep.   Ilhan Omar’s   attempt to shame a news outlet for misquoting her blistering attack on former   President Barack Obama   backfired after she released audio of the interview that only served to confirm her remarks.

The Minnesota Democrat, who’s faced controversy over   comments  perceived as anti-Semitic, got into hot water yet again after saying Obama’s “hope and change” message was a “mirage” and slammed the administration’s drone and border-detention policies.

She told   Politico  that the Obama administration was responsible for the “caging of kids” at the U.S.-Mexico border, the “droning of countries around the world,” and that the 44th president “operated within the same fundamentally broken framework as his Republican successor."

“We can’t be only upset with Trump. … His policies are bad, but many of the people who came before him also had really bad policies. They just were more polished than he was,” Omar is quoted as saying in the article. “And that’s not what we should be looking for anymore. We don’t want anybody to get away with murder because they are polished. We want to recognize the actual policies that are behind the pretty face and the smile.”

Following the article's publication, Omar went on offense on Twitter and accused the outlet’s reporter, Tim Alberta, of distorting her words and insisted that she is, in fact, a fan of Obama.

“Exhibit A of how reporters distort words. I’m an Obama fan! I was saying how Trump is different from Obama, and why we should focus on policy not politics. This is why I always tape my interviews,” she tweeted, attaching an audio recording of the interview.

Continue reading ...

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1  seeder  Jasper2529    5 years ago
“Exhibit A of how reporters distort words. I’m an Obama fan! I was saying how Trump is different from Obama, and why we should focus on policy not politics. This is why I always tape my interviews,” she tweeted, attaching an audio recording of the interview.

For your listening pleasure - Her audio recording of the Politico interview ...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2  seeder  Jasper2529    5 years ago
The latest controversy came just a day after Omar’s comments suggesting that Israel supporters want U.S. lawmakers to pledge “allegiance” to the Jewish state – which was widely condemned as echoing the age-old “dual loyalties” smear against Jewish politicians – were condemned in a broad anti-bigotry resolution passed by the House.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3  seeder  Jasper2529    5 years ago
Omar’s anti-Obama comments are likely to further split the Democratic Caucus, which is still  reeling   from an intra-party fight that erupted in the wake of the anti-bigotry resolution’s wording, as Obama remains extremely popular within the party.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4  seeder  Jasper2529    5 years ago
Progressive Democrats such as Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and 2020 Democratic presidential candidates like Sens. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren have defended Omar’s earlier comments.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

As I stated on another article, Omar is just sitting back taking all this in and probably laughing her arse off at getting her fellow Democrats to do more of her hate mongering dirty work for her...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6    5 years ago

She is pulling the democrat party further to the extreme left and as a result she will assist in the re election of our President.  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
8  Nowhere Man    5 years ago
.......Exhibit A of how reporters distort words. I’m an Obama fan!

Yeah, who just accused her idol of murder...... 

“We can’t be only upset with Trump. … His policies are bad, but many of the people who came before him also had really bad policies. They just were more polished than he was,” Omar is quoted as saying in the article. “And that’s not what we should be looking for anymore. We don’t want anybody to get away with murder because they are polished. We want to recognize the actual policies that are behind the pretty face and the smile.”

Besides he was nothing but a pretty face....... (some fan, I wonder what she would say about someone she really hates)

Where do they get these people?

Oh sorry, we have plenty of them on the board, I forgot for a second....

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
9  seeder  Jasper2529    5 years ago

I find it interesting that during the Black Lives Matters period a few years ago, the Left championed that cause and demeaned whites, police, and anyone who didn't fit their narrative.  Now, the House Left says that all lives matter and must be protected. Hypocrites!