Trump has Been Pitching for Three Innings and, has started to Balk on Almost Every Pitch

By:  galen-marvin-ross  •  one week ago  •  39 comments

Trump has  Been Pitching for Three Innings and, has started to Balk on Almost Every Pitch
I was watching Chris Matthews tonight and, he said something that made me think of Trumps pitching average since becoming president, if Trump was pitching in the majors he would have been pulled by now.

I was watching Chris Matthews tonight and, he said something that made me think of Trumps pitching average since becoming president, if Trump was pitching in the majors he would have been pulled by now. It is about the third inning in Trumps attempt to pitch for eight years, let's face it, he isn't doing all that well at the mound and, it has nothing to do with Mueller, although Mueller has hit a pretty good game up to now. The Democrats can't be blamed either for taking advantage of a president who can't pitch and, they have been hitting a bunch of fly balls that have been dropped by Trumps team. Error's have been committed by Trumps team and, many of the players have been removed from the game by their own self inflicted injury's, Flynn, Manafort, Gates, Papadopoulos, Stone, Cohen and, Sessions have all been removed for injury's that they inflicted on themselves either before the game started or, during the early days of the game and, Trump ordered them off of the field.

In the first inning Trump did fairly well, he got two pitch's across the plate, his tax bill and, his judicial picks have pleased the base but, since that time he has been either pitching balls or, he has balked at the mound, in the mean time, Mueller has been switch pitching with Pelosi and, Schumer and, they have been devastating at the mound so, devastating that the Trump supporters boo them every time they show up in the game. Somewhere around thirty to forty percent of the fans at the stadium still support Mr. Trump and, his team but, that still leaves a good sixty percent that aren't sure of him or, out right don't like him and, wish someone else would step in to pitch.

Trump has lost the House of Representatives to the Democrats and, several states went from Red or, Purple to Blue this past election, he is facing a new string of opponents for the 2020 election that have a good chance of taking his spot in the White House, if they don't screw it up at the mound or, the plate and, there are many who can do just that in this new group if they don't get their act together and, start thinking about those of us who are in the middle and, wishing for someone who will work with both Democrats and, Republicans in Congress, if elected to the White House. Right now the one who seems the most likely to do just that hasn't even said he will run yet, Joe Biden. The one other one at this time that I see, who has already announced he will run is John Hickenlooper from Colorado, in spite of what he has said on many talk shows he is a centrist, a little to the left of the middle but, he still is willing to work with the other side of the isle, if they have good ideas.

In the mean time what we have on one team is a pitcher that can't pitch and, gets made when he is jeered at the plate and, hits soft grounders to the folks in the field, I don't think he has made it to first base the whole game, the sad thing is, there are still 30% of Americans who think he is doing a wonderful job when he isn't even in the top 1000 of the folks who have played this game in the past or, are currently playing it now. In time we will have the full Mueller report, I don't really know what is going to be in it but, I do know it scares the bejesus out of Trump and, what is going on in New York has him running scared as well so, I will end this with the question I have asked before and, have never really gotten an answer for from the Right. If Trump has done nothing wrong, what is he so scared of with the Mueller report?

I forgot one thing,

This is not about any Clinton, any Obama or, anything that happened before January 2016. This is about Trumps presidency and, what he has and, has not done since taking office and, the people who he hired to run his campaign and, his administration and, his current supporters. It is also about the Democrats who are now running the House of Representatives, you know, the people mentioned in my Op-Ed. Let's keep it on topic and, lets respect those  who post responses.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
Find text within the comments Find 

Galen Marvin Ross
1  author  Galen Marvin Ross    one week ago

One of his greatest balks in the game has been his government shutdown, with that we learned that because of it Boeing wasn't able to finish a fix on the Boeing 737 Max 8 and, because of that over a hundred people died in a crash in Ethiopia.

Texan1211
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    one week ago

What a convenient excuse for Boeing to try to cover itself for its own screw-ups.

Damn pitiful.

WallyW
1.2  WallyW  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    one week ago
we learned that because of it Boeing wasn't able to finish a fix on the Boeing 737 Max 8 and, because of that over a hundred people died in a crash in Ethiopia

Actually, we don't anything of the kind, since we don't know for sure what caused the crash. A government shutdown would not affect what Boeing might be doing any given moment within its internal operations. If you have sources and links to verify your statement, please post them.

Split Personality
1.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  WallyW @1.2    one week ago

FAA employees, including on sight airport inspectors were furloughed.

There was no one of government authority to continue to push the investigation or upgrade(s) faster than Boeing determined necessary based on one

crash by an airline that was not IOSA rated and has been rated

by some web sites a zero out of 5 stars possible rating.  The overall reputation of all airlines from Indonesia sucks.

It was just in June that Indonesia finally got the all-clear from the European Union, which removed all of the country’s airlines from its safety blacklist.

That was supposed to mark a major moment for the country’s booming aviation industry, which had for years suffered from a poor safety record with the EU blacklisting all Indonesian airlines in 2007. The US also barred flights from the country’s airlines that year, but raised Indonesia’s safety rating in 2016.

But the crash of a Lion Air flight today (Oct. 29) with 189 people on board has raised the alarm once again over the safety of the country’s airlines. It is the worst air disaster in Indonesia since a Garuda Indonesia plane crashed in Medan in 1997, killing all 214 people on board. Lion Air said in a statement that it is working with the relevant authorities to respond to the tragedy and has set up a crisis center for passengers.

RTR1N73D.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=620Reuters/Pentak Lanud AdisuciptoWreckage of a Garuda Indonesia plane at Yogyakarta airport on March 7, 2007.Lion Air itself was removed from the EU’s blacklist in 2016, but until then, it had a poor safety track record. The airline has recorded at least a dozen accidents since 2002, most of them resulting in no fatalities with the exception of a crash in 2004 in Solo that killed 25 people on board. In 2013, a Lion Air Boeing 737—an older model of the aircraft that crashed today—crashed into the sea near Bali, with passengers forced to swim for their lives.In addition to crashes, Lion Air was rapped by the country’s aviation regulator in 2016 for running up long delays (paywall) and other operational problems, including an incident in 2016 when passengers on a flight from Singapore disembarked at the domestic terminal in Jakarta by accident, allowing some passengers to exit the airport without getting their passports stamped.Other notable accidents in Indonesia include a Garuda Indonesia flight that crashed in Yogyakarta in 2007 killing 21 people, a military aircraft crash in Medan in 2015 that left over 100 people dead, and a Trigana Air crash in Papua that left over 50 dead. AirAsia, a Malaysian carrier that has a good safety record, also crashed in Indonesia en route from Singapore in 2015, killing all 162 people on board.Pilots who use drugs—including two Lion Air pilots who tested positive for crystal meth in 2012—have also been a worry in Indonesia.Those incidents have not stopped Indonesians from taking to the skies in huge numbers. The country is the world’s fifth-largest domestic aviation market, according to research provider Centre for Aviation, with domestic passenger numbers more than tripling since 2005. A surge in foreign visitors to Indonesia, in particular to Bali, has also helped fuel the aviation boom. Lion Air’s parent company, Lion Group, dominates the market with over 50% market share.In response to that growth, Indonesian airlines have been among the biggest customers for aircraft, with Lion Air this year placing an order (paywall) for 50 of Boeing’s brand new 737 Max 10 jets—the aircraft that crashed today. The carrier also signed (paywall) Boeing’s biggest-ever commercial deal in 2011, ordering over 200 planes.The Indonesian government has attempted to impose new regulations to improve the safety record for the country’s carriers, including setting a floor for ticket prices following the AirAsia crash, which some have argued does not improve safety and merely impedes competition in a vast archipelago country where many rely on planes to travel and where growing income levels mean many more people are now able to afford it. Instead, the government should invest more money in airport infrastructure, argued the Centre for Aviation.

Ronin2
1.2.3  Ronin2  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.2    one week ago
If the government shutdown hadn't happened the software fix would have been completed and, implemented in the 737 max 8 before the Ethiopian flight took place and, those people wouldn't have died.

BS. The government did not tell Boeing to release a plane for use that was not ready to fly. Nor is the US government responsible for maintenance that airlines in foreign countries are supposed to do. I suppose the crashes that occurred in India that lead to US and European bans before Trump took office are also his fault?

Rather than waiting for the investigation the left is jumping the shark.  It is all Trump's fault, no matter what the reason.

TDS is more than just a disease it is a way of life.

igknorantzrulz
1.2.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ronin2 @1.2.3    one week ago
I suppose the crashes that occurred in India that lead to US and European bans before Trump took office are also his fault?

what are u even talking about ?

XDm9mm
1.2.5  XDm9mm  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.2    one week ago
If the government shutdown hadn't happened the software fix would have been completed and, implemented in the 737 max 8 before the Ethiopian flight took place and, those people wouldn't have died.

Galen...   maybe you should actually READ the information in your own fucking links....   From the very first one YOU posted above:

The regulatory Federal Aviation Administration approved the delay because Boeing and other experts saw no immediate safety threat, a source told The Journal. Acting FAA administrator Daniel Elwell told reporters in Washington D.C. on Wednesday that the government shutdown had no effect on the software update.

NEXT!!!

Texan1211
1.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  XDm9mm @1.2.5    one week ago

Yeah, but it makes a better case for the Trump-haters if they can just blame everything wrong in the world on Trump, as if the world was perfect under Obama and everything was all rosy in the world.

XDm9mm
1.2.7  XDm9mm  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.6    one week ago
Trump-haters if they can just blame everything wrong in the world on Trump,

They have nothing else and it's the only thing that gives their lives any meaning.  If they didn't have their Trump hatred, they would shrivel up and blow away in a soft gentle spring breeze.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.2.8  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Ronin2 @1.2.3    one week ago
The government did not tell Boeing to release a plane for use that was not ready to fly.

Where did I say that in what you quoted? Where did I say that anywhere?

Nor is the US government responsible for maintenance that airlines in foreign countries are supposed to do.

The government is responsible for insuring that planes built in the U.S. meet standards for the U.S., which is higher than in most other country's, the glitch in the autopilot of the 737 max 8 was known before the shutdown, Boeing was working with the FAA to fix the problem, then we had the government shutdown and, the FAA was  shutdown during that time so, the software wasn't being worked on. That is why I can say with certainty that the shutdown was responsible for the over 100 people killed in the Ethiopia crash because, if the shutdown had not happened then the Ethiopian plane would have had the software installed and, the crash wouldn't have happened.

Rather than waiting for the investigation the left is jumping the shark. It is all Trump's fault, no matter what the reason.

Feeling a little defensive of the Idiot-in-Chief?

Galen Marvin Ross
1.2.9  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @1.2.5    one week ago

I have to question what kind of experience Daniel Elwell has to administer the FAA and, I have to wonder about the relationship between Trump and, the CEO of Boeing since that same company has donated 1 million dollars to the Trump campaign and, the CEO is a member at Mira Lago.

1stwarrior
1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    one week ago

Yeah - the government shut down caused that OCTOBER 2018 crash in London too, eh?

What a friggin' stretch.

igknorantzrulz
1.3.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  1stwarrior @1.3    one week ago

u don't think 5 more weeks ahead of schedule might have not possibly increased the chances of the software update being implemented /?

Galen Marvin Ross
1.3.2  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  1stwarrior @1.3    one week ago

Try reading the links I provided in post 1.2.2.

XDm9mm
1.3.3  XDm9mm  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.3.2    one week ago
Try reading the links I provided in post 1.2.2.

I did....  maybe you should take your own advice.  See above #1.2.5

Galen Marvin Ross
1.3.4  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @1.3.3    one week ago
maybe you should take your own advice.  See above #1.2.5

I did, this is what I had to say about it,

I have to question what kind of experience Daniel Elwell has to administer the FAA and, I have to wonder about the relationship between Trump and, the CEO of Boeing since that same company has donated 1 million dollars to the Trump campaign and, the CEO is a member at Mira Lago.

Tessylo
1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    one week ago

Has the turd in chief said anything about the 157 dead?

Galen Marvin Ross
1.4.1  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tessylo @1.4    one week ago

Nothing, of course none of them were donors to his campaign either.

Jeremy Retired in NC
1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    5 days ago
One of his greatest balks in the game has been his government shutdown

Are you referring to the shutdown that the Democrats caused because they don't want to pay the (about) $40B they voted in favor for that was to go to border security?

with that we learned that because of it Boeing wasn't able to finish a fix on the Boeing 737 Max 8 and, because of that over a hundred people died in a crash in Ethiopia.

Now this as stupid as blaming President Trump for the New Zealand shooting.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.5.1  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.5    4 days ago
Are you referring to the shutdown that the Democrats caused because they don't want to pay the (about) $40B they voted in favor for that was to go to border security?

No, Trump even said the shutdown was his fault, remember this,

Now this as stupid as blaming President Trump for the New Zealand shooting.

Even the shooter says that Trump is a hero of his and, Trump influence him in deciding to go on a shooting rampage.

Jeremy Retired in NC
1.5.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.5.1    2 days ago

Taking blame and causing are two very different things.

Galen Marvin Ross
1.5.3  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.5.2    2 days ago
Taking blame and causing are two very different things.

And, ya'all seem to forget that Trump was offered 25 billion for his wall back when the Republicans controlled both houses, if he would agree to strengthen DACA and, then just before the shutdown he was offered 1.6 billion for the wall, he turned both down and, said he was going to shutdown the government, he said HE was going to shutdown the government, the democrats were trying to work with him and, he wouldn't take yes for an answer. And, if the wall was such an emergency why didn't Trump get the funding for it while he had control of Congress?

JBB
2  JBB    one week ago

Worst President Ever...

Kavika
3  Kavika     one week ago

01CANDIDATESweb1-master675.jpg

Trout Giggles
3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @3    one week ago

That little girl is looking at him and thinkng "you throw like a boy"

that is not a compliment, boys

igknorantzrulz
3.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    one week ago
That little girl is looking at him and thinkng "

please don't grab me, PERVERT" !

KDMichigan
3.1.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    one week ago

[deleted]

igknorantzrulz
3.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.2    one week ago

and we all know WHO

feels it's oK to 'grab women by the pussy',

don't we.

Freedom Warrior
4  Freedom Warrior    one week ago

I see nothing to support the tortured baseball analogies in this offering.

igknorantzrulz
4.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Freedom Warrior @4    one week ago

is that u kag ?

Tessylo
4.2  Tessylo  replied to  Freedom Warrior @4    one week ago

Where have you been Oliver?

igknorantzrulz
4.2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tessylo @4.2    5 days ago

the only Oliver i ever recall was from NV

and i realize not what the rule is on mentioning newsviners, but i'll just plead ignorance, it is a rational way i can share my rationalization for rationing my pent up impatience with pretending that the sheer hypocrisy has reached a point beyond ridicules.

Closeoff i believe was sir name, that id sir mix a lot up and off with, as i enjoy being a pompous ass when it comes to cordial conversations. I drink my paper bagged champagne with a pinky in the air

cause

i really don't care

but caring is overrated when i beraten it

When the POTUS is threatening implied nviolence if he were to be LEGALLY removed from office, is the ultimate reach for power in a country where it should be unheard of ,and not a chance , as in ABSOLUTELY unobtainable, but whence ignorance is buttered up by toasted logic blackened out like it was redacted for being plain nand simply accurate, as the make believe guy at the top somehow relates it to all things point to no collusion, reality , to me, sudden;y does not become just an illusion.I have not yet figured out yet, how not  being self accountable is far easier than taking responsibility for ones own actions and accomplishments, which is how we should have all learned, and i realize many do not have the capacity to read some magazines, doesn't give others the right to void their subscriptions, to the realities of truth denied with out proof, just more to 'Lies from the tablecloth', as Trump and lawyers state that was just designated a certain crime, another of Trump's collusion phallacy, is a sign of a Dick. Neither of the cases Manaforte was just sentenced  under had anything to do with collusion, which is actually conspiracy, and Trump has attempted to make it a conspiracy case, in plain sight, for the blinded to accept that exceptional clothless emperor, who Putin can show is a naked and afraid little man that i'm near certain is going to be exposed for ythe insecure wanna be dicktater with a cheddar cheese sour cream feret fermenting on his hollow frosty sleepy and void cranium that had had Abbeys way deformed brain sown in to absorb odors from its smooth external acid burned and sanded

balless balsa wood have most all porous, and a good percentage happy about it, as long as the bullshit makes them feel superior, as their complex inferiorities, are getting old and over told.

Truth  

If you don't mind, as you chose not to make a choice, and you concede that the LIES lay better when voiced by a speaker that has disavowed constant constanence without volumes vowed to break ,  ice silkled daggers digging into breakneck speeding snow shoe races prejudiced by pre judging their peers pressured for being unlike they, and attempting to take a way , white old caucasians country, where they thought they were the owners, and beheld to the guidance of what has proven to be "no country for old men" if they are not 'right' out of their damn minds

seek the truth

think independently,

critically, and continuously

get multiple versions from multiple sources and question that that does not realistically pass the test , as it was just described differently, and a choice as to what is TRUTH, needs be decided by when you just can't buy the lyes sold, and constantly not discounted, yet still for sale and selling out our country,

a shame, a sham, has shown how shameless ones without, 

toleration over the top from those stirred up off the bottom of a swamp picked swath of incompetent purveyors of pure platitudinal construed ineptitude delivered to determine a path that leads us all to water, yet some continue to die from thirst,

cheers 

JBB
4.2.2  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @4.2    5 days ago

Last night's fish must have gone bad because I dreamed an olde drunk in a stolen marine's uniform took all of her clothes off to pick up driftwood and New York peach pits at the end of Magnolia Avenue on the Jersey shore. I could tell you more butt am in no rush...

igknorantzrulz
4.2.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JBB @4.2.2    4 days ago
Last night's fish must have gone bad

mine became too acidic 

luther28
5  luther28    5 days ago

Trump has Been Pitching for Three Innings and, has started to Balk on Almost Every Pitch

The only problem is that the reliever they have warming up in the bull pen is not much better.

Galen Marvin Ross
5.1  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  luther28 @5    5 days ago

True, Pence is a POS.

bugsy
6  bugsy    5 days ago

"I was watching Chris Matthews tonight"

That little snippet screams "I'm gullible to bullshit".

Galen Marvin Ross
6.1  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  bugsy @6    4 days ago

Hahahahahaha, I take Chris with a LARGE grain of salt and, follow up with other things that, IMO, are more trustworthy but, thanks for trying. Matthews editorializes too much to suit me but, there are times when he gets one to thinking, that is why this is an Op-Ed rather than a news story, it is purely my opinion on the last two years, some of it can be backed up with news, all one has to do is, as Joe Scarborough would say, "Use your Google machine" to verify those parts.