╌>

Samantha Bee: Tucker Carlson’s Fox News Show Is a Racist ‘Trash Heap’

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  24 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Entertainment

db719b40-5837-11e6-9036-e7be167f9571_RS_   Ryan Reed, Rolling Stone   2 hours 18 minutes ago  

a22761918e53d5d7745df147600e57ad

Days after liberal watchdog organization Media Matters for America   unearthed Tucker Carlson radio appearances criticized as misogynist, racist and homophobic ,   Samantha Bee   blasted the   Fox News   host as a white supremacist — using controversial clips from his home network as evidence. “Guess what, fucko? We have been watching your show,” she said on Wednesday’s   Full Frontal . “And we found that it’s a revolting trash heap of racist talking points.”

Before wading through the Fox News pile, Bee offered an audio recap of Carlson’s various radio spots with Florida DJ “Bubba the Love Sponge” — from calling women “extremely primitive” and “basic” to saying that is “a crappy place filled with a bunch of, you know, semiliterate, primitive monkeys.”

Then Bee worked her way through the Fox archives, opening with a clip from December 13th, 2018: “We have a moral obligation to admit the world’s poor, they tell us,” Carlson said on his show,   Tucker Carlson Tonight . “Even if it makes our own country poor and dirtier and more divided.” In September 2017, reflecting on the “lessons” we can draw from 9/11, he said, “There’s this one maybe first among them: Not all cultures are the same. Not all cultures are equal.”

In particular, Bee highlighted a segment in which Carlson spoke about immigrants forcing “Democratic replacement.” “Where have I heard sweaty white men yelling about being replaced before?” she asked, before pulling up a clip of the Charlottesville white supremacist protestors chanting, “Jews will not replace us.”

“So he’s against white supremacy but uses the catchphrase of the Charlottesville mob,” Bee said. “That’s like saying, ‘I hate the movie   Borat , but you know who loves it? [in   Borat voice] My wiiiiiife.” She added, “None of [the videos were] hard to find. The only in-depth research we did was to determine that his name can be rearranged to spell “Ol’ Cracker Nuts.”

Bee noted that “former KKK Grand Wizard and current plastic surgery mannequin David Duke” once described Carlson as his “favorite commentator,” adding that the founder of neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer wrote that   Tucker Carlson Tonight   is “basically Daily Stormer: The Show”   and called Carlson “literally our greatest ally.”

In one Fox clip from September 2015, Carlson spoke out against the rallying cry of “Black Lives Matter,” saying, “When you divide people on the basis of their skin color and say, ‘This one group of people’s lives matter — everybody’s lives matter.”

“It’s so racist to say ‘Black Lives Matter,’ Bee cracked in response, “just like it was racist of Lincoln to free the slaves because he didn’t free a single white person … Playing to white victimhood is his whole shtick, yet he claims he doesn’t know what he’s doing.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Days after liberal watchdog organization Media Matters for America unearthed Tucker Carlson radio appearances criticized as misogynist, racist and homophobic, Samantha Bee blasted the Fox News host as a white supremacist — using controversial clips from his home network as evidence. “Guess what, fucko? We have been watching your show,” she said on Wednesday’s Full Frontal. “And we found that it’s a revolting trash heap of racist talking points.”

Like most of Fux 'news' programs.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Then Bee worked her way through the Fox archives, opening with a clip from December 13th, 2018: “We have a moral obligation to admit the world’s poor, they tell us,” Carlson said on his show, Tucker Carlson Tonight. “Even if it makes our own country poor and dirtier and more divided.” In September 2017, reflecting on the “lessons” we can draw from 9/11, he said, “There’s this one maybe first among them: Not all cultures are the same. Not all cultures are equal.”

In particular, Bee highlighted a segment in which Carlson spoke about immigrants forcing “Democratic replacement.” “Where have I heard sweaty white men yelling about being replaced before?” she asked, before pulling up a clip of the Charlottesville white supremacist protestors chanting, “Jews will not replace us.”

“So he’s against white supremacy but uses the catchphrase of the Charlottesville mob,” Bee said. “That’s like saying, ‘I hate the movie Borat, but you know who loves it? [in Boratvoice] My wiiiiiife.” She added, “None of [the videos were] hard to find. The only in-depth research we did was to determine that his name can be rearranged to spell “Ol’ Cracker Nuts.”

Bee noted that “former KKK Grand Wizard and current plastic surgery mannequin David Duke” once described Carlson as his “favorite commentator,” adding that the founder of neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer wrote that Tucker Carlson Tonight is “basically Daily Stormer: The Show” and called Carlson “literally our greatest ally.”

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    5 years ago

I was going to post an article about his new unearthed comments.

He is a nasty piece of work.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Media matters hires bigots to stalk foxnews

sad

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    5 years ago

Stalk?

LOL

Ender
Professor Principal
5.2  Ender  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    5 years ago

What is sad is fox circling the wagons and protecting the fat dweeb.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @5.2    5 years ago

Yeah, he is ugly and fat too and he criticizes women for their looks?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    5 years ago

I'm sorry, is it Hypocrite Day? Is Tucker Carlson really being criticized by the woman who called Ivanka Trump a "feckless c**t?"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @6    5 years ago

The truth is the truth.  She is a feckless CUNextTuesday - Ivanka - that is

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @6    5 years ago

How is she a hypocrite by telling the truth?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @6.2    5 years ago
by telling the truth

I guess misogyny is ok when you have a "good reason."

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3  Sparty On  replied to  Tacos! @6    5 years ago

No but it is Pi day so have a piece of Pie and marvel at a number that has the gall to just keep going.   Just like many people here jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286.................................

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.3.1  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @6.3    5 years ago

I just texted Happy Pi Day to my engineer friend a couple of hours ago!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.3.2  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @6.3    5 years ago

We had a free chicken pot pie at Boston Market as a promotion for Pi day.

Buy one, get one free, delicious, lol.

You don't think they were confused about Pi Day do you?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Split Personality @6.3.2    5 years ago

Please stop going off topic about Pi day.  

Thanks!

I marked them as off topic yesterday but nothing.

SP - can you remove your off topic comments about Pi day and the others?

I mean most moderators here delete mine at the drop of a hat if one of my 'friends' even whispers off topic.

Not to trying to be a dick but I don't appreciate it.