╌>

Trump Attacks Conway and McCain, Nunes Sues Twitter: (Seth Myers - A Closer Look)

Category:  The Lighter Side/ Humor

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  2 comments

Trump Attacks Conway and McCain, Nunes Sues Twitter: (Seth Myers - A Closer Look)

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Late Night with Seth Meyers

Seth takes a closer look at President Trump and one of his closest allies in Congress whining about people who are mean to them.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Rep. Nunes sues Twitter for $250 million over parody account of his disgruntled ‘cow’

A parody Twitter account purporting to be owned by an unhappy cow living on one of Rep. Devin Nunes’ Iowa farms attacked the California Republican as a “treasonous cowpoke” and “udder-ly worthless” during the 2018 campaign.

Now Nunes wants $250 million in damages from Twitter for failing to police the accounts of @DevinCow as well as another parody, @DevinNunesMom, and a political activist named Liz Mair.

In a lawsuit filed Tuesday in Virginia, Nunes complained that all three defamed him in hundreds of tweets over several months last year. It also seeks $350,000 in punitive damages, though legal experts say the suit has little chance of moving forward.

Nunes, a close ally of President Trump, says in his complaint that he endured what “no human being should ever have to bear and suffer in their whole life.” He said it caused him to win reelection last November by a narrower margin than in the past and distracted him from running the House investigation into Russian attempts to influence the 2016 election. (Cont'd)

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

NEEDS MORE COWBELL! #devinnunescow

1. More
    Replying to   @ travis_view

I had to follow #DevinNunescow because of this lawsuit. For an extremely online person I never heard of Devin Nunes cow before.

0 replies 5 retweets 59 likes

Retweet

2. I think most can agree it's only right that if you betray your country and obstruct justice as an elected official who swore to uphold the Constitution, you deserve to have a parody Twitter account set up by your cow to shame you mercilessly. At the very least. #DevinNunesCow

0 replies 34 retweets 125 likes

Retweet

3. Replying to   @ DevinCow

So when your followers exceed the number of @DevinNunes ' followers, can I be the first to say that... ..."The Cow Jumped Over The Nune?" #DevinNunesCow #DevinNunes

12 replies 34 retweets 311 likes

Retweet

4. #DevinNunes As a public figure, a government official, you should know satire #DevinNunesCow #devinnunesmom is the most protected form of speech under the First Amendment. Your lawsuit is a joke. Reading New York Times Co. v. Sullivan might help.