╌>

Washington Post Columnist Declares ‘Fox News Has Been Right All Along’

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  vic-eldred  •  5 years ago  •  39 comments

Washington Post Columnist Declares ‘Fox News Has Been Right All Along’
However, Abernathy continued, “Fox News was right, and the others were wrong. For at least two years, MSNBC and CNN devoted hour upon hour, day after day, to promoting the narrative that Trump colluded with the Russians, and that Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III was going to prove it.” “That turned out to be wrong,” he stated.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

For more than two years, people in the “mainstream media” have relentlessly hammered President Trump and his allies with accusations of colluding with Russia during the 2016 election, which Democrat candidate Hillary Clinton was supposed to win in a landslide.

But once a letter from Attorney General Bill Barr revealed that Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation found no evidence of this criminal conspiracy, reporters, editors and others at liberal news outlets should be forced to state that they were wrong on this issue even though it's safe to say many won't give up the ghost.

That was the thrust of   an op-ed   from   Washington Post  contributing columnist and former Hillsboro, Ohio newspaper editor Gary Abernathy with the title  “Admit It: Fox News Has been Right All Along.”

Abernathy defended his neighbors who “don’t watch Fox News to know what to think” since “they already know what they think” and “avoid news channels that insult their intelligence and core beliefs.”

He also stated:

Yes, Fox News is an echo chamber for the right, but no more than CNN and MSNBC are for the left, as far as conservatives are concerned.
To be fair, when a Democrat is in the White House, the networks switch places, with Fox News criticizing every move, and MSNBC and CNN defending the Oval Office fortress.

However, Abernathy continued, “ Fox News was right, and the others were wrong.   For at least two years, MSNBC and CNN devoted hour upon hour, day after day, to promoting the narrative that Trump colluded with the Russians, and that Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III was going to prove it.”

“That turned out to be wrong,” he stated.

“Along with defending Trump, Fox News hosts such as Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham and, especially, Sean Hannity have been slammed for ... clamoring for an investigation of the investigators, aligning themselves with the President’s claim of a politically motivated witch hunt,” the columnist added.

Abernathy also stated: “Most of the media   portrayed such accusations as preposterous , designed merely to divert attention from Trump’s alleged misdeeds.”

Of course, he continued, “Democrats and many in the media immediately blasted Barr for carrying Trump’s water,” and the attorney general “is being cast by the liberal cable channels and others as   an unscrupulous political hack   attached to the president’s leash” and the opposite of  “a mostly flattering profile of the new attorney general”  offered by   The Post   that described Barr as “less politically minded than his predecessors.”

But now, Abernathy stated, “these accusations represent an unlikely turn of events for a 68-year-old professional with an impeccable record and a career more behind him than in front of him.”

Meanwhile, “even regular viewers of CNN and MSNBC must certainly recognize the straws being grasped to justify sticking with a conspiracy theory that has been largely debunked -- although the expected release of Mueller’s report this week will probably provide   just enough juice for one last effort .”

“It would behoove serious journalists to put aside their political biases and delve into a story that might actually be worthy of Watergate comparisons -- even if it includes t he painful admission that Fox News has been right all along ,” he concluded.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

The Washington Post is finally coming around

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    5 years ago

You make a common mistake, thinking that people who write a column for a newspaper always reflect it's editorial stance. 

The truth is that Gary Abernathy doesn't represent the Washington Posts take on things at all. 

Here is a link that will take you to a LONG list of Abernathy's columns for the Washington Post.

He writes a column about every ten days to two weeks apart. I looked at the titles of about 50 Abernathy columns for the Post.  He is a Trump supporter through and through. 

I’m a Trump supporter. Thank you for disagreeing with me.

Trump struggles with empathy. So what?

Trump supporters are already normal

Why would we abandon Trump? He’s doing what he said he would do.

Journalists should look less at Trump and more in a mirror

and so on. I looked at about 50 columns and couldn't even find one that was truly critical of Donald Trump. 

In other words, he is hardly objective. 

I'm not sure what that makes your seed, other than what a Trumpster thinks of Fox News. We sort of know that already, don't we? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    5 years ago

I can't get anymore free Post stories. Do you have any idea where this story was placed?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    5 years ago

I imagine it is in the section with all the other opinion columnists. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    5 years ago

The truth will be hitting the fan in about 30 minutes from now. I have my morning coffee and I'll have the services of Chris Wallace, Brett Baier and the exquisite Martha MacCallum.  Are you excited, John?  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    5 years ago

All the dems eyes will be searching for the word "obstruction". It's funny when you think about it. The President provided an unprecedented level of co-operation. Yet they tried to find something.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.4    5 years ago

I think I'll have a Biscotti with this. Do you know what a Biscotti is John?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    5 years ago

I heard that on Hannity this evening. It was great 👍!

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    5 years ago

If Abernathy is correct then Mueller, his team, every judge that convicted anyone from Mueller's investigation, every journalist that covered the investigations negatively---should be arrested for Sedition, Treason, activity against American justice, the Constitution and the American people.

Should Barr, at his 9:30 am press conference tomorrow make public indictments against these dozens of people and court jurisdictions?

In other words, should America prepare for a Trump purge against the treasonous? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @3    5 years ago
In other words, should America prepare for a Trump purge against the treasonous?

Oh, God, yes. Get prepared, and be scared!

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    5 years ago

Ah yes.  The comforting words from the right wing.  "Be scared."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1.1    5 years ago
Ah yes. The comforting words from the right wing. "Be scared."

Strange what some find comforting.

But instead of working yourself into a frenzy today, why not simply wait until tomorrow before getting hysterical?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    5 years ago

the frenzy would be yours.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1.3    5 years ago
the frenzy would be yours.

That is freaking hilarious, dude!

Thanks for the laughs!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1.1    5 years ago
Ah yes.  The comforting words from the right wing.  "Be scared."

Well if they got the green light from whoever they consider is their "guy upstairs", they'd attempt to murder us all in our sleep tomorrow. I really don't know what's more scary, a radical Islamic terrorist or a radical Christian terrorist, I just know proximity-wise who I'm closer to at the moment and the far higher odds of being injured or killed by right wing terrorism than Islamic terrorism.

The message of every terrorist is "Be afraid, be very afraid".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.5    5 years ago
Well if they got the green light from whoever they consider is their "guy upstairs", they'd attempt to murder us all in our sleep tomorrow. I really don't know what's more scary, a radical Islamic terrorist or a radical Christian terrorist, I just know proximity-wise who I'm closer to at the moment and the far higher odds of being injured or killed by right wing terrorism than Islamic terrorism.

I greatly admire your ability to bring religion into a subject that has nothing to do with religion.

And do you believe that no atheists or agnostics or millions and millions of law-abiding, peaceful believers are right-wing? 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.6    5 years ago
And do you believe that no atheists or agnostics or millions and millions of law-abiding, peaceful believers are right-wing?

Well, recall what Trump said about Mexicans? That's pretty much how I feel about the right wing. "When the right-wing presents its people, they're not giving their best.  They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with them. They're bringing swastikas and confederate flags. They're bringing crime. They're terrorists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.7    5 years ago

'Well, recall what Trump said about Mexicans? That's pretty much how I feel about the right wing.'

A teeming cesspool of the worst possible scum.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  bbl-1 @3    5 years ago

Um hum..

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    5 years ago

The really cringeworthy thing is watching the people on those channels pretend they never made any assertions about Trump's guilt or that of the people around him. They're trying to claim that now they were simply reporting that an investigation was ongoing. Totally objective, you know. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

Fox News is the most trusted name in news! 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5    5 years ago

Where?

Fux 'news'?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6  Dismayed Patriot    5 years ago

“Admit It: Fox News Has been Alt-Right All Along.”

Yes, yes, it's true, I admit it, they can hide no longer...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  seeder  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

Today's political theatrics will be the collusion truthers last hurrah! So as Nadler & co try and distort, lie and eventually leak, let's all take a breather before the REAL investigation takes center stage.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    5 years ago

What REAL investigation will that be?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @7.1    5 years ago

Haven't heard?  I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but the IG is already investigating the intelligence officials who launched investigations of Trump and other American citizens. He has already issued one criminal referral and there are 8 more coming from congress.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.1    5 years ago

What a crock of shit.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.2    5 years ago

Unfortunately, everything you believe isn't necessarily truth, nor is everything you don't like to hear necessarily a crock