╌>

Romney ‘sickened’ by Trump after reading Mueller report

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  45 comments

Romney ‘sickened’ by Trump after reading Mueller report

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Utah Sen. Mitt Romney said Friday he was “sickened” by President Trump and other members of his team after reviewing special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia report.

“I am sickened at the extent and pervasiveness of dishonesty and misdirection by individuals in the highest office of the land, including the President,” Romney said in a statement on Twitter.

“I am also appalled that, among other things, fellow citizens working in a campaign for president welcomed help from Russia—including information that had been illegally obtained; that none of them acted to inform American law enforcement; and that the campaign chairman was actively promoting Russian interests in Ukraine,” he added, referring to Paul Manafort, who faces serious prison time for his role in the scandal.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Utah Sen. Mitt Romney said Friday he was “sickened” by President Trump and other members of his team after reviewing special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia report.

“I am sickened at the extent and pervasiveness of dishonesty and misdirection by individuals in the highest office of the land, including the President,” Romney said in a statement on Twitter.-

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

“I am also appalled that, among other things, fellow citizens working in a campaign for president welcomed help from Russia—including information that had been illegally obtained; that none of them acted to inform American law enforcement . . . 

. . . and that the campaign chairman was actively promoting Russian interests in Ukraine,” he added, referring to Paul Manafort, who faces serious prison time for his role in the scandal.and that the campaign chairman was actively promoting Russian interests in Ukraine,” he added, referring to Paul Manafort, who faces serious prison time for his role in the scandal.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    5 years ago

Romney 'sickened' after reading the Mueller report?  Well, he should be.  Wonder if he voted for the Trump.

On an aside, when Romney ran during the 2012 campaign, I recall that his wife, Anne, had revealed to friends that after meeting the Trump she felt 'soiled.'

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  bbl-1 @3    5 years ago

I think that's how must people feel when they meet the turd.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    5 years ago

I think that's how must people feel when they meet the turd.

And IMO this is especially significant coming from a Republican-- and in fact a man who Republicans chose to be their presidential candidate! (2012).

Of course as is the case with anyone, Romney has his faults-- but at least he's not a sniveling sycophant like so many other Republicans.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
3.1.2  dave-2693993  replied to  Krishna @3.1.1    5 years ago
Of course as is the case with anyone, Romney has his faults-- but at least he's not a sniveling sycophant like so many other Republicans.

You mean like accepting a nomination from the turd of concern?

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.3  JBB  replied to  dave-2693993 @3.1.2    5 years ago

For a good while I have been saying what a shame it is that the once Grand Old Party of Abe Lincoln has devolved unto merely, "the gop". A small case party of small minds and small ideas dedicated to, well, hubris. The small g gop of today is sadly mostly made up of small r republicans who now give their deaf, dumb and blind loyalty to Trump. For our national nightmare to finally end any Big R Republicans left out there need to find their balls, or ovaries, and join the rest of decent humanity in opposition to Trumpism...

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
3.1.5  dave-2693993  replied to  JBB @3.1.3    5 years ago

Unless I was mistaken, or maybe hallucinating, wasn't there a group of "never Trumpers" within the Republican party back in 2016? 

Where did they go? Or was I really hallucinating? Quick Google check and no I wasn't:

Reading through the list, the 2108 mid-term thing was helped along by their contribution.

In the meantime the polarity appears to have grown stronger. Interesting, last week the phrases of concern had to deal with what was good for the Democrat party. Now reading through that Google list a theme that pops up in a couple places has to deal with what is good for the Republican party.

Once again, "We the People" get kicked to the curb.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.6  JBB  replied to  dave-2693993 @3.1.5    5 years ago

People who cannot unite to defend their Republic no longer deserve one... 

Depravity of our current leadership compelled Romney to say what he  did.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
3.1.7  dave-2693993  replied to  JBB @3.1.6    5 years ago
People who cannot unite to defend their Republic no longer deserve one

I would turn that around.

A divisive Republic no longer deserves it's people.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.8  It Is ME  replied to  JBB @3.1.6    5 years ago
People who cannot unite to defend their Republic no longer deserve one...  Depravity of our current leadership compelled Romney to say what he  did.

Maybe he is still pissed about what Obama told him in the debates, when he tried to tell Obama that "RUSSIA" was still our biggest Geopolitical Foe" !

Thank God Obama laughed it off and ignored it, or we'd be in a mess right now..... huh !

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.9  seeder  Krishna  replied to  It Is ME @3.1.8    5 years ago
Maybe he is still pissed about what Obama told him in the debates, when he tried to tell Obama that "RUSSIA" was still our biggest Geopolitical Foe" !

I remember those days-- Obama had insisted that the biggest threat to the U.S. was still from a nuclear armed North Korea. (In fact when he met with trump adfter the election he pointed that out to Trump).

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1.10  It Is ME  replied to  Krishna @3.1.9    5 years ago

So much for the "Russians". jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.2  pat wilson  replied to  bbl-1 @3    5 years ago
Wonder if he voted for the Trump.

I think he said he was voting for his (Romney) wife.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Wonder if he voted for the Trump

Ask and ye shall receive!

We finally know who Mitt Romney voted for in the 2016 presidential election

Krishna
Professor Expert
5  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

We have a few fans of "famous quotations" here on NT-- so this is for you:

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Matthew 7:7–8  are the seventh and eighth verses of  the seventh chapter  of the  Gospel of Matthew  in the  New Testament and is part of the  Sermon on the Mount . These verses begin an important metaphor generally believed to be about prayer.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
5.1  dave-2693993  replied to  Krishna @5    5 years ago

Did anyone ever say "read then find a tangential interpretation?"

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  dave-2693993 @5.1    5 years ago

Did anyone ever say "read then find a tangential interpretation?"

Are you referring to what Barr did in his comments on the Mueller report?

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
5.1.2  dave-2693993  replied to  Krishna @5.1.1    5 years ago

Though I have not personally read the report, it is very possible that could be one example.

JBB
Professor Principal
6  JBB    5 years ago

Romney is correct. The Mueller Report is a damning indictment of Trump and Co...

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
7  Bob Nelson    5 years ago

I suppose that Romney is expecting the President to fall.

Either that, or we have here the last specimen of a disappearing species: an honest Republican.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Bob Nelson @7    5 years ago

I suppose that Romney is expecting the President to fall.

Either that, or we have here the last specimen of a disappearing species: an honest Republican.

I am wondering what his motivation actually is . . . might be either of the two possibilities you mentioned.

Or some other reason? Hard to say.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Krishna @7.1    5 years ago
I am wondering what his motivation actually is . . . might be either of the two possibilities you mentioned. Or some other reason? Hard to say.

My guess is the same as Lindsey Grahams motivations.  He wants Trump to put him on his "special pet" list like Graham.  Remember, Graham was also totally opposed to Trump, until Trump took him golfing and promised him unlimited Rubles for his support. 

Romney probably wants to be Trump's 2020 running mate in the hopes he can move up to the Presidency when Trump is impeached or finally succumbs to his cholesterol.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Bob Nelson @7    5 years ago
I suppose that Romney is expecting the President to fall. Either that, or we have here the last specimen of a disappearing species: an honest Republican.

and another was George Bush Sr:

Former US Republican President George Bush Sr has confirmed he voted for Democrat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election, labelling Donald Trump a "blowhard".

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
7.2.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Krishna @7.2    5 years ago

Lock her up!!

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
8  arkpdx    5 years ago

Romney is just pissed that Trump won the presidency and he blew his chance in 2012. He had the mrentum going into the third debate and chose to be Mr Nice Guy and not go after Obama where he was vulnerable. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1  Ronin2  replied to  arkpdx @8    5 years ago

The only time Romney was for Trump was when he was lobbying to become Trump's SoS.

Still, after Trump won the election, Romney awkwardly auditioned to become the Secretary of State, only to be rejected. Romney accepted Trump’s endorsement in his 2018 Senate race. In doing so, Romney fed fresh fodder to his critics, who say he is a serial flip-flopper who will do anything to win.

Romney is out for Romney. He will say and do anything to further his political career.

Funny how the left trots him out now to show how Republicans are turning on Trump; when they derided him for his wealth, religion, and anything else they could manufacture when he ran against Obama.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.2  JBB  replied to  arkpdx @8    5 years ago

No, like all true patriots, even the Republican ones, Mitt Romney is plainly and rightfully sickened and disheartened by the lying cheating dysfunctional White House exposed by Robert Mueller's report and everybody else should be, too...

Only fools bought Barr's desperate preemptive spin. The actual report exposes a Presidency obtained by fraud and sustained by ten thousand lies. This is not normal. Sorry, butt anyone slouching this off out of misplaced partisan loyalty is either dumb, just playing dumb or else a traitor to everything decent and moral and honorable the Nation was founded upon. It is all right there in black and white in Mueller's report for everyone to see now... 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  JBB @8.2    5 years ago

Right, the true patriot that wanted desperately to be Trump's SoS, after trying to rally the Establishment Republicans against Trump. Even if that meant the POS Clintons were put back in the WH.

So much BS, so little value.

Sorry, no obstruction if the FISA warrants were obtained by lies. Time to yank Comey, Mueller, and all of the Hillary and Obama sycophants that were part of obtaining the FISA warrants; outing Trump campaign officials; part of the Hillary email investigation, part of the Trump collusion investigation; and Steele, Obama, and Hillary in front of Senate hearings, and launch a real investigation at the DOJ.  Seems the left forgot Water Gate. Obama used the government to spy on Trump to aide Hillary- that is a crime.

Also, maybe you can answer one simple question? Since the left run from it every time I ask it. If Carter Page (the main reason listed for the FISA warrants) is such a master spy for the Russians- why wasn't he ever brought in for questioning by Comey or Mueller; or even charged with a single crime? The Steele Dossier outed him, and the FISA warrants damned him, he should have been the very first person questioned and charged. His career and life have been wrecked over one massive lie to get Trump at any costs.  Time he had his day in front of the Senate hearings as well, since the moronic judge threw his slander case against the DNC, Hillary, Steele, and Fusion out. I am sure he has quite a bit to say about being railroaded.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.2.3  JBB  replied to    5 years ago

I did not vote for Romney but he is surely not a liar in The Trump League...

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
8.2.4  tomwcraig  replied to  JBB @8.2    5 years ago

Actually, Romney is a serial liar.  I saw an "ad" that showed Romney and his changing positions, including on Obamacare.  He has claimed that he is pro-choice, then claimed he has ALWAYS been pro-life.  He supported Donald Trump, until Donald Trump became President.  He was for Romneycare, but was against Obamacare and could not explain his opposition after being confronted about the architects for Romneycare working to create Obamacare.  So, in truth, Romney will say and do whatever he feels is necessary to win and cannot stand on principles.  It is sad really, since he is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, along with Harry Reid, and neither had any principles to stand on despite standing on principle being one of the main teachings of the Church.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
8.3  KDMichigan  replied to  arkpdx @8    5 years ago

Romney has become a little bitch. It is no surprise he is a darling of the left now. As you said he has been crying ever since Trump accomplished at what he failed to do. Mw thinks someone has a bruised ego.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.3.1  JBB  replied to  KDMichigan @8.3    5 years ago

Romney is no darling of the left but apparently he still has some honor...

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.3.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  KDMichigan @8.3    5 years ago
Romney has become a little bitch. It is no surprise he is a darling of the left now.

The fuck are you babbling about? No one on the left likes Romney, fuck Romney. He has ALWAYS been a little bitch. 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
8.3.3  luther28  replied to  JBB @8.3.1    5 years ago

Perhaps a tad:)

JBB
Professor Principal
8.3.4  JBB  replied to  luther28 @8.3.3    5 years ago

I believe that a smidgen is only slightly more than a tad bit...

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
8.3.5  KDMichigan  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8.3.2    5 years ago
The fuck are you babbling about?

No babbling. Read what the fuck I wrote.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  arkpdx @8    5 years ago
mrentum

The what?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9  Thrawn 31    5 years ago

Is it just me or is it hard to take someone seriously when they are "sickened" by a politician, yet vote (empower) right along with them anyhow?

luther28
Sophomore Silent
9.1  luther28  replied to  Thrawn 31 @9    5 years ago

I just had to let you know, that one made me truly laugh out loud.

Moral outrage from the amoral.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10  TᵢG    5 years ago

Romney is probably kicking himself for not waiting until 2016 to run for the presidency.    Having to instead fail twice to get the big job only to then deal with a president Trump (of all people) has got to be frustrating as hell for him.