╌>

"If I'm Guilty Of Anything, It Is That I am A Great President"

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  8 comments

"If I'm Guilty Of Anything, It Is That I am A Great President"
Simply put, he has demonstrated on a nearly daily basis that he neither knows nor cares what the Constitution says and is thus incapable of fulfilling his oath of office. He is equally unfit to faithfully execute the laws, since, in the words of New York Times columnist Roger Cohen, he “holds the law and truth in utter contempt”

President* Trump just concluded remarks as he was getting into his helicopter to go somewhere and lie more about himself and America. 

His final words to the crowd of reporters was "If I'm Guilty Of Anything, It Is That I am A Great President". 

I heard this morning that Trump has tweeted over FIFTY  times in the past few days about ONE TOPIC, his belief that he is being persecuted over the findings of the Mueller Report. 

I submit that 50 tweets on this one topic by a person who presumably has more responsibilities than anyone in the world represents a bizarre and destructive obsession. 

We are supposed to be willing to endure 6 more years of this?  

Here is a section from a recent op ed I saw

https://www.thetriangle.org/opinion/making-a-call-for-the-impeachment-of-president-trump/

Although conspiracy with a foreign power or willful obstruction of justice are certainly grounds for presidential impeachment, I’d like to offer a more fundamental basis for it in Trump’s case. Put simply, he has violated the two most critical constitutional provisions for the exercise of his office. They are both stipulated in Article 2, Section 3. The first is the oath of office itself, which requires each incoming president to “preserve, protect and defend” the Constitution itself, with its enumerated powers, responsibilities and liberties. The second is the so-called Take Care Clause, which requires that the president “take care that the laws be faithfully executed.”

Trump has not only violated these requirements, repeatedly and egregiously, but has also shown himself to lack the most elementary comprehension of them. Simply put, he has demonstrated on a nearly daily basis that he neither knows nor cares what the Constitution says and is thus incapable of fulfilling his oath of office. He is equally unfit to faithfully execute the laws, since, in the words of New York Times columnist Roger Cohen, he “holds the law and truth in utter contempt” — insofar, I might add, as he understands either.

Cohen’s comment links law and truth for a simple reason: they are inseparably connected. You cannot conceive of law if you do not comprehend truth. It is not merely that Trump lies; in psychiatric terms, he fabulates, which means that he not only makes statements without regard for facts, but that he constructs the world in terms of stories agreeable to him. Two early examples became famous: he falsely claimed to have had the largest inaugural crowd in history, and to have won the popular vote in his election by the amount that he actually lost it. When this latter claim was disputed, he appointed a commission to prove it. When it failed to do so, he disbanded it without abandoning the claim. To Trump, truth was the story that best suited him.

His supporters and the apathetic think that his constant lying can be separated from his performance of his duties as president. I think that is the worst sort of wishful thinking or hiding one's head in the sand. 

This man is unhinged, and we can't endure two more years of this insanity, let alone six more. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago
Former Vice President Joe Biden's launched his presidential bid Thursday with a video that centered on the violence and racism displayed in Charlottesville. Given the opportunity to again clarify those comments Friday, the president responded,

"I've answered that question and I was talking about people who went because they felt very strongly about the statue of Robert E. Lee."

"Whether you like it or not, he was one of the great generals," Mr. Trump also said. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

Biden's video showed racist and anti-semitic neo-Nazis marching through the night with torches and chanting racist and anti semitic slogans. 

Trump STILL describes it as people protesting the removal of a statue of Robert E Lee.

Trump is evil. A tool of evil, fueled by his immense ignorance and stupidity. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.1.1  katrix  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    5 years ago

Deranged Donald is a psychopathic moron.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

"If I'm Guilty Of Anything, It Is That I Am A Great President"

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

luther28
Sophomore Silent
2  luther28    5 years ago

Greatness as is size, is in the perception of the beholder.

The only greatness Mr. Trump has displayed to date in my opinion, is the size of his ego and perceived importance both of which are as his fortunes, greatly exaggerated.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  luther28 @2    5 years ago
Greatness as is size

Even there I think Howard Taft has him beat

luther28
Sophomore Silent
2.1.1  luther28  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    5 years ago

You seem to pick up on my little sub rosa implications:)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

A speaker at the NRA convention today asked the crowd to pray for President Trump. 

If anyone in history needed prayers to do a good job, it is him.