╌>

James Comey mocks Trump’s latest accusations, Trump immediately responds on Twitter

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  1 comments

James Comey mocks Trump’s latest accusations, Trump immediately responds on Twitter

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

27d48390-94e1-11e6-8c8d-c3e317c05743_US-   Stephen Proctor, Yahoo TV   6 hours ago

Donald Trump heads to Twitter following James Comey's town hall

In a  CNN  town hall Thursday night with  Anderson Cooper , former FBI director  James Comey  laughed at President  Donald Trump ’s latest rant about his relationship with special counsel  Robert Mueller . Speaking to the press earlier in the day, Trump built upon  earlier accusations  about Comey and Mueller.

In the press conference, Trump claimed Mueller is,   …in love with James Comey. He likes James Comey. They were very good friends, supposedly best friends. Maybe not, but supposedly best friends. You look at the picture file and you see hundreds of pictures of him and Comey.”

When Cooper asked about this, Comey just laughed and said, “I respect him. I don’t think we have that kind of relationship.” Then, in an obvious jab at Trump, Comey added, “He’s certainly not obsessed with me in the way some others seem to be.”

This iframe is not allowed

Trump didn’t take being mocked and otherwise derided throughout the town hall lying down. Shortly after it ended, he posted a tweet calling Comey a disgrace to the FBI, and the worst director in its history.

And while Trump has no problem expressing his feelings, it sounds as though Comey and Mueller may need to work on their communication if they are as close as the president suspects.

When asked about Mueller’s decision not to come to a conclusion about obstruction of justice, Comey responded, “I haven’t talked to him, but reading his report…” “But he loves you,” Cooper interjected. “I keep forgetting that,” Comey said with a laugh. “I can’t wait to see all the pictures of us hugging and kissing.”

Don't forget to check out   Yahoo Play   - our new interactive app where you can cash in your points and get tons of cool stuff! Download it now in the app store.

See more from the James Comey town hall at   cnn.com .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

In a  CNN  town hall Thursday night with  Anderson Cooper , former FBI director  James Comey  laughed at President  Donald Trump ’s latest rant about his relationship with special counsel  Robert Mueller . Speaking to the press earlier in the day, Trump built upon  earlier accusations  about Comey and Mueller.

In the press conference, Trump claimed Mueller is,   …in love with James Comey. He likes James Comey. They were very good friends, supposedly best friends. Maybe not, but supposedly best friends. You look at the picture file and you see hundreds of pictures of him and Comey.”

When Cooper asked about this, Comey just laughed and said, “I respect him. I don’t think we have that kind of relationship.” Then, in an obvious jab at Trump, Comey added, “He’s certainly not obsessed with me in the way some others seem to be.”