╌>

Pelosi calls standoff with Trump a 'constitutional crisis,' but resists impeachment

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  it-is-me  •  5 years ago  •  11 comments

Pelosi calls standoff with Trump a 'constitutional crisis,' but resists impeachment
“It's very Constitution-based. It's very law-based. It's very factually-based. It's not about pressure. It's about patriotism.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

“We're asking in the constitutional way for the administration to comply. We still have more opportunities. We’ll see if Mueller will testify and that will that will make a big difference in terms of where we go from here.”

"We're going to do the right thing. That's just the way it is and it is going to be based on fact and law and patriotism - not partisanship or anything else,” she said. “It has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with E Pluribus Unum,” she said referring to the Latin motto on the Great Seal of the United States, and also all U.S. currency and coins meaning "Out of many, one."

Pressed whether holding administration officials in contempt has any teeth to force compliance with subpoenas, Pelosi explained Democratic oversight “is very methodical.”
“It's very Constitution-based. It's very law-based. It's very factually-based. It's not about pressure. It's about patriotism.”

“Will the administration violate the constitution of the United States and not abide by the request of Congress in its legitimate oversight responsibilities? Well, that remains to be seen,” she continued. “Every day they are advertising their obstruction of justice by ignoring subpoenas and by just declaring that people shouldn't come and speak to Congress so that the American people can find out the truth about the Russian disruption of our election so that it doesn't happen again.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

The "Botox" has invaded Nancy's Brain !

If it's as "CRITICAL" jrSmiley_19_smiley_image.gif as the Dems make it out to be on TV, They should already have everything they need in order to "Impeach" Trump. jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif

Isn't that how you know something is critical ? jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Having ALL the information one NEEDS to make that kind of "Informed" decision ? jrSmiley_32_smiley_image.gif

The More the Democrats Speak....the "Worse" they make themselves look. Luv It ! jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

Translation of Pelosi's statement, "We don't have s@$t to work with, so we'll go with this."jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1    5 years ago

She and her minions are pathetic, ain't they ?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    5 years ago
“Will the administration violate the constitution of the United States and not abide by the request of Congress in its legitimate oversight responsibilities?Well, that remains to be seen,” she continued. “Every day they are advertising their obstruction of justice by ignoring subpoenas and by just declaring that people shouldn't come and speak to Congress so that the American people can find out the truth about the Russian disruption of our election so that it doesn't happen again.”

Trump learned from the very best Barack Hussein Obama.  Funny how the left was silent for those 8 years of administration obstruction into every congressional investigation. The Obama DOJ and FBI were completely useless.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Ronin2 @2    5 years ago

Isn't it really just " ONE " subpoena they are bitching about ? jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

They got what they wanted, but 98% just isn't enough I suppose.

I wonder Why, Nancy makes Subpoena a " Plural " thingy ?

Enquiring minds want to know. jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Even David Brooks sees through the charade:

"This constitutional crisis is just for show. Partly the Democrats want the show because it just feels good to bash the administration. “This has had a cathartic effect on the Democrats because we have finally been able to find a way to fight back at the obstructionism,” Representative Jamie Raskin   told   my Times colleague Sheryl Gay Stolberg.

Partly they are trying to appease the wing of the party that is calling for impeachment right away. The party leaders generally opposed impeachment for sensible reasons. It would be impossible to win a conviction in the Senate   without some Republican cooperation and overwhelming popular support — which doesn’t exist. It’s much better for the Democrats if they focus media attention on their presidential candidates. A Trump vs. Nadler media war is exactly what Trump wants."

99.9% of the report has been made available to the Democratic leadership. Not one has looked at it. 

Of course, if Barr actually complied with subpoena, Democrats would probably have turned around and impeached him for illegally publishing grand jury information. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5  Sunshine    5 years ago

The theatrics is tiresome, impeach the man or shut up Democrats.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    5 years ago
“We have investigations that will give us facts and the truth,”

That's what they all said about the Mueller investigation. Now that it's over and he failed to find evidence of conspiracy with Russians and failed to recommend any legal action Trump against or his existing administration for any crime, suddenly it's not good enough and they need more investigation. Bob Mueller was the gold standard they said. They said he would get to the bottom of it. He was a man with integrity. He would reveal the truth.

Well, he did, and they don't like the result, so they're still at it instead of focusing on real problems facing the country.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
7  Nerm_L    5 years ago

Democrats have shot themselves in both feet and are looking for more targets.  The 2020 election will be a referendum on the Democratic Party.

Everyone knew who and what Donald Trump was before the 2016 election.  The last three years have only been a continuation of the 2016 election; Democrats haven't (and can't) reveal any more about Donald Trump that wasn't known before the election.  Throwing more manure on the pile won't make it less appealing.  The 2020 election won't be a referendum on Trump because that's already been done.

What Democrats have done is to create conditions that favor an anti-establishment insurgency within the Democratic Party.  The unbiased media has already engaged in peddling influence to prepare the Democratic base to accept Joe Biden as protector of the Obama legacy and the Democratic establishment.  However, the insurgency is a social media movement.  The 2016 election demonstrated how the patriarchal influence of the unbiased media can be overwhelmed by social media.  The establishment can't protect itself by controlling the press any longer.

The freshman Democratic activist Ocasio-Cortez has demonstrated ability to exert as much or more influence on the Democratic base as does Nancy Pelosi.  Within the Democratic Party the 2016 election created a lot of distrust toward the party establishment.  Pelosi's continued use of her elected office to engage in partisan politics rather than address real problems and concerns only motivates and strengthens the anti-establishment insurgency within the Democratic Party.  That's why the 2020 election will be a referendum on the Democratic Party.

Trump only need put on another clown show to entice the Democratic establishment to erupt in partisan outrage.  The more time the Democratic establishment spends litigating the 2016 election. the less appealing they will become to voters who want problems addressed.  Democrats are putting on a political show that only has any value inside the beltway.  That's not a strategy that builds national support.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Nerm_L @7    5 years ago
Trump only need put on another clown show to entice the Democratic establishment to erupt in partisan outrage.

Tweets ! Drives the media and the Dems Nutz ! jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Trump really does know what he's doing. Those Tweets are targeted, and those that rant about them constantly, don't have a friggin clue !

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

Funny. Not one progressive lib lefty posting...jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif