╌>

White House Demands Media Be Complicit In Trump’s Lies And Crimes

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  don-overton  •  5 years ago  •  20 comments

White House Demands Media Be Complicit In Trump’s Lies And Crimes
Deputy White House Press Secretary Hogan Gidley said that Trump wants a media that is compliant and complicit with whatever he says.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Gidley said on Fox News, “When he leaves a meeting with Nancy Pelosi and all they do is mischaracterize his demeanor, and take whatever she says lock, stock, and barrel. I mean, it would be so nice if we had a complicit compliant media the way the Democrats do, but we don’t.

Ask Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama how complicit and compliant the media was with them.

Trump doesn’t want a questioning free press

Speaker Pelosi will always have more credibility than Trump because she is not a compulsive liar. Pelosi’s account of the meeting was also   backed up by people who attended   the meeting.   Nancy Pelosi didn’t need to put the people who work for her on the spot on national television to vouch for her sanity.

The administration wants a media that doesn’t question what they say. The White House wants a press that acts like a publicity department that reprints what the president says as unquestioned truth.

The concept is very authoritarian and undemocratic. It is the press’s job to question the president and the administration.

Trump doesn’t want to be questioned. Donald Trump wants a press that will be complicit and compliant in his crimes and lies.

For more discussion about this story join our   Rachel Maddow and MSNBC group.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1  seeder  Don Overton    5 years ago

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
2  seeder  Don Overton    5 years ago

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
3  seeder  Don Overton    5 years ago

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
4  seeder  Don Overton    5 years ago

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5  seeder  Don Overton    5 years ago

Too Bad Trump Hates Vets.  Ignored them for Memorial Day

evilone
Professor Guide
5.1  evilone  replied to  Don Overton @5    5 years ago

No Don, Let's give him his due when it's due. Otherwise we are no better than his base. Trump praised the military in a memorial day speech aboard the USS Wasp yesterday.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    5 years ago

Wow. Way to miss the point. As per frickin' usual.

The point - for those who missed it like this headline writer did - is that the press routinely lies about Trump and meanwhile blindly accepts and repeats whatever the Democrats tell them. That is a problem that should bother people.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @6    5 years ago

When does the press ever lie about Tump?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @6.1    5 years ago

For example, just last week when Trump ended his meeting with Pelosi over infrastructure, Pelosi claimed he blew up and had a temper tantrum. The media accepted this uncritically and repeated it. The same thing happened back in January at a meeting about the border wall. So, at a press event later in the day, Trump went off script and started asking people to describe his demeanor at the meeting and every other person who was there described him as very calm. This counterpoint, naturally, doesn't make the headlines.

Other examples include the claim that Trump said Mexicans were murderers, drug dealers and rapists; Trump's only immigration proposal is "build the wall", Trump talks to Russia on a secret email server, Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress, Trump said Nazis are fine people, Trump refuses to condemn white nationalism, anti-semitism, racism, etc. All not true and there are plenty more out there. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.1    5 years ago

His lackeys saying he was calm, very calm does not mean a damned thing

None if your examples are lies

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.2    5 years ago

You asked. I can't help it if you want to deny the answers. You could try investigating it but I doubt you will.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.3    5 years ago

What's to investigate?  You got nothing but lies.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.1    5 years ago

That 'press event' later in the day was about 15 minutes later.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tacos! @6    5 years ago

You hit the nail on the head with that one.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.2    5 years ago

Nope.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.2.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.1    5 years ago

Let me guess. I am wrong, right? Well at least you are consistent because everybody that is conservative and does not share your views is always automatically wrong no matter what. Does that about sum it up?jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @6.2.2    5 years ago

You know what they say about assumptions?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.2.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.3    5 years ago

Yes, I do. But my definition probably would not match yours. Funny thing is that we have proven that we can have a decent conversation with each other as long as it does not involve current day U.S. politics. That is something anyway. You have a good day.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7  bbl-1    5 years ago

Hogan Gidley?  What ever that is supposed to be.  Gidley is nothing, lacks any value what so ever. 

Press is not 'compliant' to the Trump?  I say it is more than compliant.  We have yet to hear any of the sordid sexual details concerning the Trump and the Clifford or McDougal ladies like the public was appraised of concerning President Clinton during his investigations.

The Trump gets more than his share of passes everyday.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
8  Steve Ott    5 years ago

Interesting choice of words:

complicit

• adj.
    Associated with or participating in a questionable act or a crime; having complicity.
  • adj.
    Associated with or participating in an activity, especially one of a questionable nature.

compliant

complying ; obeying, obliging, or yielding, especially in a submissive way: a man with a compliant nature.
I'm sure he would very much like to have his own pink lady like Kim Jong Un has.