╌>

Cubs' Albert Almora inconsolable after foul ball hits child

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  it-is-me  •  5 years ago  •  26 comments

Cubs' Albert Almora inconsolable after foul ball hits child

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Albert Almora was emotional after a foul ball he hit during Wednesday’s game struck a young child.

Almora was batting in the top of the fourth inning of the Chicago Cubs’ game against the Houston Astros and pulled a ball foul that apparently struck a child. He was shaken immediately after seeing what happened.

Kids fall in love with the game of baseball after going to the ballpark and experiencing a Major League Baseball game.

Almora did return to center field after the half inning. He spoke to a security guard in the area where the child was for an update. He was emotional and crying on the guard’s shoulder.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

I felt what Albert and everyone else felt !!!!!

It wasn't his fault, but it didn't matter to Albert. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    5 years ago

I dont see a lot of updates on the girls condition , which may be a good sign or a bad sign.  I think she will survive, but maybe there are some serious issues. 

They are going to need to extend the netting all the way down the foul lines.  Trouble is that will ruin a lot of views. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago
They are going to need to extend the netting all the way down the foul lines. Trouble is that will ruin a lot of views. 

Not sure about that myself. These happenings are flukes of the game.

But.....let's hope they'll tell us more about the little girls condition.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago

I'm reading that she is doing relatively well. She was talking and awake last night.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    5 years ago

Babies should not be brought to ball games.

For several reasons....and getting hurt by an errant ball or bat is one of them

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Greg Jones @3    5 years ago
Babies should not be brought to ball games.

If one does, at least sit higher in the stands anyway !

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @3    5 years ago

I'm not sure 4 year olds belong at ball games They dont really know whats going on and even if they do they dont care. But some people cant get baby sitters. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2    5 years ago
But some people cant get baby sitters.

Yet they can afford tickets and parking and brats and beer......

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2    5 years ago
I'm not sure 4 year olds belong at ball games They dont really know whats going on and even if they do they dont care.

I took my kids to games when they were babies. It doesn't matter if they know anything about the game. They're out doing something with mom and dad. However, we sat in safer locations, higher up in the stands and more behind the infield or home plate where foul balls tend to be of the pop-up variety, not line drives. I also pay attention when the ball is being pitched.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.3  Tacos!  replied to  Greg Jones @3    5 years ago

You can do it. I did it. You just need to be smart and careful about it.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.4  Freefaller  replied to  Greg Jones @3    5 years ago
Babies should not be brought to ball games. For several reasons....and getting hurt by an errant ball or bat is one of them

Completely disagree events like this are great family events, however I would support banning this childs parents from the park as they are obviously too irresponsible to protect and look out for their kids safety

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    5 years ago

That's awful. I pray this little girl will be alright.

It is for this reason that when I take my kids to the games, we don't get seats down the line where a line drive foul is likely to hit them if we aren't paying attention. 

Enoch
Masters Quiet
7  Enoch    5 years ago

There are two local and semi local minor league baseball parks close to us.

In summertime my freinds and I go to games.

We always pay up to sit behind home plate and netting.

If we see parents with small children, we invite them to bring their kids to empty box seats, with permission of ushers if they are in places where small children can be hurt by foul balls.  

Sometimes with permission of parents and authorities it is OK to be the adult in a situation.

"Safety first prevents the worst".

P&AB.

Enoch.

P.S. Good and important article.

Pleased it was posted.

E.