╌>

Trump keeps up war of insults with mayor of London

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  12 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

9197dca0-94e1-11e6-9718-4d4a4a2e45f0_US-   Dylan Stableford   1 hour 1 minute ago  

f210bcd0-86d5-11e9-9fcb-ffd0a54250e0_3_0

Scroll back up to restore default view.

President Trump on Tuesday kept up his  war of insults  with London Mayor Sadiq Khan on the second day of his three-day state visit to the United Kingdom, although he refrained from repeating his description of him as a “loser” and making fun of his height.

In an editorial published ahead of Trump’s arrival, Khan said it is “ un-British to be rolling out the red carpet ” for him. Khan also compared  Trump  to murderous dictators and part of a growing global threat of far-right politics.  
“I don’t think he should be criticizing a representative of the United States that can do so much good for the United Kingdom,” Trump told reporters at a press conference with outgoing U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May. “He should be positive, not negative. He’s a negative force, not a positive force. And if you look at what he said, he hurts the people of this great country.“I think he should actually focus on his job,” Trump added. “It’d be a lot better if he did that.”

5cf685302500003300dbeace.jpeg
President Trump arrives at 10 Downing Street in London on Tuesday. (Photo by Niklas HALLE'N/AFP)

Trump’s comments came a day after he  called Khan a “stone cold loser”  in a tweet shortly before landing in London.

Khan “reminds me very much of our very dumb and incompetent Mayor of NYC, de Blasio, who has also done a terrible job — only half his height,” Trump continued. “In any event, I look forward to being a great friend to the United Kingdom, and am looking very much forward to my visit. Landing now!”

"It's the sort of behavior I'd expect from an 11-year-old," Khan told CNN. "It's not for me to respond in a like manner." (Khan  has said he is 5 feet 6 , although he is sometimes described as one inch shorter than that. De Blasio is 6 feet 5.)

On Monday, the president and first lady Melania Trump were welcomed to Buckingham Palace by Queen Elizabeth II, who hosted a lunch and dinner with the Trumps, their adult children and other guests as  thousands of demonstrators  gathered in Central London to protest Trump’s U.K. visit.

At Tuesday’s press conference, Trump  downplayed the size of the protests  and suggested demonstrators were “put in for political reasons.”

“It was a very, very small group of people,” he said.

5cf67bc1210000690de6946a.jpeg
Anti-Trump protesters gather in Trafalgar Square during a demonstration against his visit on Tuesday. (Photo: Isabel Infantes/AFP)

[ Slideshow: Demonstrators gather in London protest Trump's U.K. visit ]

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

“He should be positive, not negative. He’s a negative force, not a positive force. And if you look at what he said, he hurts the people of this great country.“I think he should actually focus on his job,” Trump added. “It’d be a lot better if he did that.”

Sounds like you're looking in the mirror turd.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

On Monday, the president and first lady Melania Trump were welcomed to Buckingham Palace by Queen Elizabeth II, who hosted a lunch and dinner with the Trumps, their adult children and other guests as  thousands of demonstrators  gathered in Central London to protest Trump’s U.K. visit.

At Tuesday’s press conference, Trump  downplayed the size of the protests and suggested demonstrators were “put in for political reasons.”  jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

“It was a very, very small group of people,” he said.

At your inauguration?

Actually it's THOUSANDS

luther28
Sophomore Silent
3  luther28    5 years ago

With Mr. Trumps countenance and whatever that thing on the top of his noggin is, I would not be quite so hasty as to make fun of others, shall we say short comings.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    5 years ago

Where is the criticism of the mayor, who started this?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @4    5 years ago

'Where is the criticism of the mayor, who started this?'

What nonsense.

It was the 'president' 'who started this' just before AF1 landed there.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @4.2    5 years ago
It was the 'president' 'who started this' just before AF1 landed there.

Uh, noooo. Read your own seed:

In an editorial published ahead of Trump’s arrival, Khan said it is “ un-British to be rolling out the red carpet ” for him. Khan also compared  Trump  to murderous dictators and part of a growing global threat of far-right politics.

Follow the link. That editorial was published on June 1 - three days ago . Trump's tweet went out yesterday in response.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4.3  luther28  replied to  Tacos! @4    5 years ago

Actually this little tiff goes back to 2015.

Trump's State Visit to London Got Weird Fast - CityLab

22 hours ago - Protesters are out in force as President Donald Trump arrives in London. ... began his U.K. trip by insulting London Mayor Sadiq Khan ; soon the Trump ... Involved in a minor feud with Trump since 2015 , Khan has attacked the ...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  luther28 @4.3    5 years ago

Yeah I know they've been at each other in the past and I also know that either one could just tap out and stop taking part at any time. It's just kind of amazing to me that no matter how many people get into a slap fight with Trump, he is always the bad guy and you never hear one word of criticism about the other person's role in the fight.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @4.3.1    5 years ago

Because he is always the bad guy.  Rump could keep his mouth shut instead of being rumplethinskin

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Mayor Khan didn't 'start anything' by telling the truth and by not wanting to welcome the turd with open arms.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @5    5 years ago

Oh yes, I forgot. Insults from the Left are always ok because they come with "a good reason." Insults from the Right are always inappropriate. Isn't that about how it goes?