Trump says he wants to run against Biden: 'He's the weakest mentally'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  18 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

9197dca0-94e1-11e6-9718-4d4a4a2e45f0_US-   Dylan Stableford   17 hours ago  

Trump says he wants to run against Joe Biden: 'He's the weakest mentally'

In what could be a preview of the 2020 general election matchup, President Trump unloaded on former Vice President Joe Biden, calling the current Democratic frontrunner a “loser” who was taken “off the trash heap” by former President Barack Obama and is slowing down.

“He’s a different guy,” Trump told reporters on the South Lawn before heading to Iowa, where both he and Biden are speaking at separate events. “He looks different than he used to. He acts different than he used to. He’s even slower than he used to be.

“I’d rather run against Biden rather than anybody — I think he’s the weakest mentally,” the president said, pointing to his own head. “I like running against people who are weak mentally. I think Joe is the weakest up here. The other ones have much more energy.”

3ef852e0-8c73-11e9-bff8-e73c9ec53d7e President Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden. (Photos: Evan Vucci/AP, Brett Coomer/Houston Chronicle via AP)

Trump’s comments came after Biden’s campaign released  excerpts of a speech  that will denounce Trump’s trade wars with China and Mexico and their effects on U.S. farmers.

“It’s easy to be tough when someone else is feeling the pain,” Biden plans to tell voters in Ottumwa, Iowa. “How many sleepless nights do you think Trump has had over what he’s doing to America’s farmers? Zero.”

Trump said Biden’s focus on him suggests the former vice president’s presidential campaign is already “failing.”

“I heard his whole campaign is to hit Trump,” the president said. “When a man has to mention my name 76 times in a speech, that means he’s in trouble.”

Trump dismissed polls that show Biden leading him in Texas, Michigan and Pennsylvania. Instead, the president pointed to  a recent Rasmussen survey  that showed him holding a 50 percent approval rating.

“The amazing thing is, all I do is get hit by this phony witch hunt,” Trump said. “My poll numbers have been very, very good.”

According to two recent Quinnipiac polls, Biden leads Trump by 11 points (53 percent to 42 percent)  in Pennsylvania  and 4 points (48 percent to 44 percent)  in Texas . A Detroit News poll released last week found Biden with a 12-point lead (53 percent to 41 percent) over Trump  in Michigan .

Trump called them “fake polls.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

The turd 'president' meant:

I'm a loser.  I'm a dummy.  I'm very weak mentally.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    5 years ago

afb061019dAPR20190610034510.jpg

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    5 years ago

The president* is in reality tv mode. It will be over in 17 months.  Are we having fun yet? 

Americans have brought this on themselves by "normalizing" the idiot. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.1  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @4    5 years ago

What are you going to do when Trump is easily re-elected?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1    5 years ago

We'll see what happens 'pastor'

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1    5 years ago

You ought to be worried whether Trump can win again with 44% of the vote, which is likely his ceiling. 

There is not a shred of evidence that Trump has added any supporters at all since the 2016 election, and it is highly likely that he has lost support among independents and the "Obama voters" that took a chance on Trump in '16. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.1.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1    5 years ago

Trumps got to get through this fight first,

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.1.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    5 years ago
There is not a shred of evidence that Trump has added any supporters at all since the 2016 election, and it is highly likely that he has lost support among independents and the "Obama voters" that took a chance on Trump in '16. 

Today he was sitting at 41%. About a week ago Chris Mathews was in Wilkes-Barre PA and, asked the folks there that voted for Trump if they were planning on voting for him this time around, only one of the few hundred that were there said they planned to vote for Trump again, the rest said that they would vote Democratic this time and, that is a Red county, always has been.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.1.5  livefreeordie  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.1.3    5 years ago

Weld if he runs is not likely to get more than a handful of delegates 

Trump remains at near 90% approval with Republicans and nearly that with us Independents who lean conservative 

unless something unforeseen occurs, Trump will carry 2-8 additional states depending on the Democratic nominee

the polling doesn’t reflect the reality of Electoral politics rather than popular vote which is skewed by CA and NY polls

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.1.6  livefreeordie  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.1.4    5 years ago

Leftist fantasy

Trump’s numbers are steady despite more than two years of leftist media anti Trump attacks

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.1.7  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1.5    5 years ago
Weld if he runs is not likely to get more than a handful of delegates 

Trump remains at near 90% approval with Republicans and nearly that with us Independents who lean conservative 

unless something unforeseen occurs, Trump will carry 2-8 additional states depending on the Democratic nominee

the polling doesn’t reflect the reality of Electoral politics rather than popular vote which is skewed by CA and NY polls

Can you name one president who ran for re-election and, was primaryed and, went on to WIN the election? In the past 63 years of my life I can't think of one.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.1.8  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1.6    5 years ago

Yeah, holding steady UNDER 50 percent, no president who has been primaried by his own party has won re-election and, no president who has been in the toilet in the polls their entire time in office has won re-election. It isn't Trumps election to win any longer, it is the Democrats to lose and, I don't believe they'll make the same mistake they made in 2016.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.1.9  livefreeordie  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.1.7    5 years ago

There is no appetite by Republicans for anyone but Trump in 2020.

come back to the real world.

Ryan Williams, a veteran GOP consultant and spokesman for Mitt Romney’s 2012 presidential election, predicted that “President Trump is all but assured the Republican nomination and any potential Republican challenger should understand that.”

“If you’re an incumbent politician like Gov. Hogan or a former politician with a TV gig like Gov. Kasich, I think you have to take a look at the numbers and see that this would be a fruitless endeavor to challenge him,” explained Williams.

He added that unlike Hogan and Kasich, “for someone like Gov. Weld, who’s been out of politics for a few years, it’s a no lose situation for him. He can run, have fun. He won’t win but in the process, he won’t damage himself.”

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.1.10  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1.9    5 years ago
There is no appetite by Republicans for anyone but Trump in 2020. come back to the real world.

Donald Trump is in Orlando to announce the kickoff of his re-election campaign.

We’re here to announce our endorsement for president in 2020, or, at least, who we’re not endorsing: Donald Trump.

Ryan Williams, a veteran GOP consultant and spokesman for Mitt Romney’s 2012 presidential election, predicted that “President Trump is all but assured the Republican nomination and any potential Republican challenger should understand that.”

“If you’re an incumbent politician like Gov. Hogan or a former politician with a TV gig like Gov. Kasich, I think you have to take a look at the numbers and see that this would be a fruitless endeavor to challenge him,” explained Williams.

He added that unlike Hogan and Kasich, “for someone like Gov. Weld, who’s been out of politics for a few years, it’s a no lose situation for him. He can run, have fun. He won’t win but in the process, he won’t damage himself.”

Especially when the RNC refuses to acknowledge your existence as a candidate.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5  livefreeordie    5 years ago

Biden has been a joke his entire career. He makes Dan Quayle look intelligent 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @5    5 years ago

The 'president' makes a turd look intelligent.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Tessylo @5.1    5 years ago
The 'president' makes a turd look intelligent. 

No reason to insult turds.