╌>

Falwell Jr. Flips Out On Christian Trump Critic With Least Biblical Line Ever

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  18 comments

Falwell Jr. Flips Out On Christian Trump Critic With Least Biblical Line Ever

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

alwell Jr. Flips Out On Christian Trump Critic With Least Biblical Line Ever

710c91c0-4b9c-11e7-8912-374be9390b1b_H-1   Ed Mazza, HuffPost   Wed, Jun 26 12:40 AM EDT  

1fd24c84d8fa510f009a7041861aad64

Did Donald Trump Bury Jerry

What would Jesus do... to make the payroll?

Jerry Falwell Jr ., the head of the evangelical  Liberty University  and a staunch defender of President  Donald Trump , is coming under fire for a bizarre attack on a Christian leader who said the administration’s  squalid detention conditions  for migrant children “should shock all of our consciences.”  

Russell Moore, president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, tweeted: 

Russell Moore Verified account   @ drmoore

Russell Moore Retweeted The Associated Press

The reports of the conditions for migrant children at the border should shock all of our consciences. Those created in the image of God should be treated with dignity and compassion, especially those seeking refuge from violence back home. We can do better than this.

Russell Moore added,

The Associated Press Verified account   @ AP

Government moves most of the children out of a Texas Border Patrol station after AP report that more than 300 children were held there in perilous conditions. Thirty children remain at the facility. http:// apne.ws/CYt0BG4  

Show this thread

12:19 AM - 25 Jun 2019

Replying to @ drmoore

Who are you @ drmoore ? Have you ever made a payroll? Have you ever built an organization of any type from scratch? What gives you authority to speak on any issue? I’m being serious. You’re nothing but an employee- a bureaucrat.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

The reports of the conditions for migrant children at the border should shock all of our consciences. Those created in the image of God should be treated with dignity and compassion, especially those seeking refuge from violence back home. We can do better than this. https:// twitter.com/ap/status/1143 207380337008643 

The Associated Press
@AP
Replying to @AP

Government moves most of the children out of a Texas Border Patrol station after AP report that more than 300 children were held there in perilous conditions. Thirty children remain at the facility. http:// apne.ws/CYt0BG4

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

The call for “dignity and compassion” didn’t sit well with Falwell. 

He fired back at Russell by demanding to know if he ever “made a payroll” or “built an organization of any type from scratch.” 

Falwell  inherited his role as Liberty University’s president  from his televangelist father. But he suggested that building an organization from scratch and making a payroll are conditions that must be met before sharing an opinion. 

“What gives you authority to speak on any issue?” he demanded. “I’m being serious.”

Here’s Falwell’s full message: 

ub-ageib_normal.jpg
Jerry Falwell
@JerryFalwellJr

Who are you @ drmoore ? Have you ever made a payroll? Have you ever built an organization of any type from scratch? What gives you authority to speak on any issue? I’m being serious. You’re nothing but an employee- a bureaucrat.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @3    5 years ago
ou’re nothing but an employee- a bureaucrat.

And you, Mr Falwell, are nothing more than a spoiled, greedy, money-grasping, sorry excuse for a human being. Jesus would not be proud

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    5 years ago

billy spared the rod

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Damn it, all the tweets wouldn't copy.

Please see the seeded content yourself for all the wonderful tweets and responses!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1  MrFrost  replied to  Tessylo @5    5 years ago

I got ya Tessy...

Jimmy Fowler   @ jfowler63
Follow Follow   @ jfowler63
More

Maybe the 300 children can be relocated to your family hostel in Miami.

This type of rhetoric from @ JerryFalwellJr is one of the reasons why I’m finding it harder to continue to even loosely associate with the rapidly degrading label of “evangelical.” How does this reflect the good news of Christ?

The First Amendment gives him the authority.

Jesus's sermon on the mount was just him asking about "that payroll, bro".

...Have you ever helped a pool boy buy a hostel in Miami?

Every day I see Christian leaders prove how non-Christian they are. It’s amazing that the parishioners still follow them.

Shut the fuck up @ JerryFalwellJr

I keep forgetting payroll creation is the prerequisite to speaking on *any* issue

And on the sixth day the Lord created the Payroll, and the people rejoiced.

How did Jesus treat children

Did Jesus ever make a payroll though?

I didn’t realize you had to make a payroll to speak on Christian virtues. Which book of the New Testament is that in?

CANT SERVE BOTH GOD AND MONEY SHITFORBRAINS

And who the heck are you, @ JerryFalwellJr except for for a hack trying to capitalize on his father's last name. You're a lousy Christian and a disgrace.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  MrFrost @5.1    5 years ago

I’ll take a bureaucrat’s opinion any day over someone who inherited his daddies tax-exempt scheme to dupe vulnerable people out of money by scaring them with fairy tales!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @5.1    5 years ago

Thanks a million!!!!!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @5.1    5 years ago
And on the sixth day the Lord created the Payroll, and the people rejoiced.

This one is priceless

lady in black
Professor Quiet
6  lady in black    5 years ago

Another spoiled jerk who was handed his "daddy's" stuff

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1  Ender  replied to  lady in black @6    5 years ago

Two peas in a pod.

Ender
Professor Principal
7  Ender    5 years ago

So this asshole that inherited everything from his father, knows how to build something from scratch?

Maybe he should render unto Caeser instead of enjoying a tax free status.

I have seen more true religion and values from a bum on the street.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8  Thrawn 31    5 years ago
Falwell Jr.

Living prroof that christianity is bullshit.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
8.1  Gordy327  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8    5 years ago
Living prroof that christianity is bullshit.

I'd say that applies to most religions.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

Falwell Jr is just as bad or worse than his old man. Just another worthless megapreacher intoxicated by power and the money he has ill gotten from the people in his church that are foolish enough to give it to him!

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
9.1  livefreeordie  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @9    5 years ago

Just a clarification, Falwell JR is not a minister. He is a lawyer and the president of Liberty University. He has never been a licensed and/or ordained minister 

He thus has no church and doesn’t claim to

This post is not meant to support him or his remarks. It only corrects your misstatements 

charger 383
Professor Silent
9.1.1  charger 383  replied to  livefreeordie @9.1    5 years ago

I thought he was a minister like his father, that is interesting.  Thanks for letting us know

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  livefreeordie @9.1    5 years ago

My thanks for the correction regarding whether he is a preacher. Either way, he is a money grubbing sleaze ball who rode his daddy's coattails to money and power. The fact that he's a lawyer just adds to it and I still detest him either way!