╌>

Protestors Remove U.S. Flag and Raise Mexican Flag In Its Place at ICE Detention Center

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  it-is-me  •  5 years ago  •  69 comments

Protestors Remove U.S. Flag and Raise Mexican Flag In Its Place at ICE Detention Center
A Blue Lives Matter flag was also taking down, and spray-painted with the words "Abolish ICE"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Outside an U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention center in Aurora, Colorado, hundreds of protestors gathered during a demonstration that resulted in a U.S. flag being brought down off the flag pole, and a Mexican flag raised in its place.
Protestors also reportedly spray-painted "Abolish ICE" on a "Blue Lives Matter" flag before hoisting that up as well.

"We feel every person has the right to dignity. We also feel that immigrants are not being given the dignity that they deserve, like everyone else," Jason Hayman, who brought his four children to the rally in Aurora, told The Denver Post.

Protestors raised a Mexican flag on a flagpole directly in front of the facility after taking down a US flag. A Blue Lives Matter flag was also taking down, and spray-painted with the words "Abolish ICE" before being armed guards outside the center took down both flags, and reportedly re-hoisted the U.S. and Colorado flags in their place."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

Half of those words are true about your boy Trump

sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    5 years ago

And who were the ones that spouted there was " No Crises on the Border" again ? jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.1    5 years ago

Whatever crisis there is was created by Trump. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.3  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    5 years ago
Whatever crisis there is was created by Trump.

Do tell how it's Trumps fault ?

Whom are the folks running to the courts all the time,  to stop Trump from doing anything about Illegals and the Border ?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.4  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    5 years ago

How so?

Trump is not the one supporting open borders

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    5 years ago

Zero to Trump in two posts.     Doesn’t get any better than that.    

The hive thanks you for your work.    Great job John!!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.5    5 years ago

Is it your position that Trump is not an important factor behind the perception of this "crisis" ? 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.8  Jasper2529  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.5    5 years ago

You beat me to it! LOL!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.6    5 years ago

It’s my position this thread is “specifically” not about Trump.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.10  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    5 years ago

BS! Said crisis began on the border long before Trump ever came to office. Do yourself a favor and read some real history before commenting rather than progressive leftist liberal talking points!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.10    5 years ago

Spot on.  

It's just more TDS Doc, that's all.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.12  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.11    5 years ago

This from someome who suffers from DTKAI (Donald Trump Kool Aid Intoxication)

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    5 years ago

If you want to read about what truly goes on at the Mexican border, I strongly recommend a book called "The Reaper's Line: Life And Death On The Mexican Border". The book was written by Mr Lee Morgan, a retired Border Patrol and ICE Special Agent who spent 20 years working on the Mexican Border. The book is a eye opener. It is somewhat dated but the basic information remains th e same. Much of what he writes about took place in my hometown of Douglas in Cohise County in the extreme SE corner of AZ and borders Hidalgo County in NM.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.12    5 years ago

Aww, that's the first i've seen that one.   Did you make it up?   How cute.

That doesn't really describe me very well but this one does:

NCPOAAT

Not Chronically Pissed Off At Anything Trump

Phonetically ..... N C Po At  ..... i like it.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

And the "Left" hasn't even hit their MOST "Stupid" moments yet. They've just started. jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

Think About that ! jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  It Is ME @2    5 years ago

[Deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    5 years ago

The Mexicans Are Coming, The Mexicans Are Coming !!!!!

1563059271_10039402+1chicago071419.JPG?a

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3    5 years ago

Actually, the illegals are going, the illegals are going.

Those being deported have been denied asylum by decisions made by the legal system. The law is being followed. Do you have a problem with law being followed when it comes to immigration issues? Encouraging and aiding and abetting illegal immigration and breaking of the law is not in the best interests of the Democrats, who have caused this immigration crisis in the first place.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    5 years ago

Trump is either stupid or evil stupid depending on how you look at it. 

He says his "raids" are going after criminals. If he is sincere, why would you announce to criminals that you are going to "raid" them in a few days?  Giving criminals warning will only enable them to elude capture. 

But giving warning of the raids to people with children and families will only terrorize them.

So which is Trump, evil or stupid? Stupid or evil? 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    5 years ago

Because NPR was reporting that has worked for incentivizing self deportation and statistics for self deportation are on the rise since he began letting them know they are going to be deported. Many of these illegals are now rethinking their criminal behavior and are deciding to get out before they get kicked out. They know their illegal actively will no longer be ignored like it was under Obama. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.4  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    5 years ago
But giving warning of the raids to people with children and families will only terrorize them.

they are lucky they got any warning at all.   

that was their clue to haul ass and get out of our country on their own.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @3    5 years ago
The Mexicans Are Coming, The Mexicans Are Coming !!!!!

Along with a bunch of other nationalities too !

Thank Goodness this crises really isn't happening. If it was, we'd be in deep shit right now ! jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @3.2    5 years ago

The U.S. should develop a plan intended to improve living conditions in the Central American countries where these migrants are originating from. 

Then we need to expedite the asylum claims of those who arrive here. 

In the meantime the migrants who are in the US custody should be treated with dignity. 

None of that is happening because it is a re-election chip for Trump, in appealing to his deplorables , for him to be "cruel" to brown skinned people. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.2  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    5 years ago
The U.S. should develop a plan intended to improve living conditions in the Central American countries where these migrants are originating from. 

We can't even fix the homeless/Poor problem in this country, and you think we're gonna fix living conditions in other countries ?

Are you fucking kidding right now ?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  It Is ME @3.2    5 years ago

Although the greater number of these immigrants appear to be "very fine people looking for a better life", the Dems want to ignore the bad element that comes along with them. This category would include criminals of all kinds, such as sexual predators and traffickers and violent gang members. And let us not forget all the vermin and diseases that have resurfaced since this unrestricted human flood got worse under the Obama regime.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.4  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.3    5 years ago

The "Left" doesn't want to fix anything right now. They "Need" this crises. Elections are coming up !

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.5  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    5 years ago

It is not our responsibility to improve living conditions in their home countries. Who will pay for it?

It's the democrats fault for the border bottlenecks, because they encourage the immigration, and yet refuse to fund better facilities and providing more agents. 

In spite of the crowding and left wing lies, the immigrants are being well treated.

Your last statement is just stupid

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.6  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.2    5 years ago

US Interventions Have Destabilized Central America

BY  JASON FRERICHS  · OCTOBER 10, 2017

The hits just seem to keep coming regarding the Trump administration’s callous treatment of immigrants from Central America.  Many of these immigrants are trying to escape gang violence and striving for a better life.  On August 16th, Trump decided to end the parole portion of the  Central American Minors Program .  The program allowed young people under threat of gang violence to rejoin family members already legally residing in the US.  This was a renewable two-year visa which allowed residents to legally work and/or attend school in the United States.  For now, the refugee portion of the program is still in place but thousands of applicants who had already been accepted have had their ability to legally enter the US revoked.

Unaccompanied minors fleeing Central America is not a new phenomenon.  This started happening at an alarming pace under the Obama administration.  This is more than just another symptom of a broken immigration system.  The question we have must ask ourselves is, “What caused this to happen?”  What chain of events caused such a breakdown in Central American society that it allowed for the proliferation of gangs like Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13)?  Why can’t the central governments of countries like El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras protect their citizens from threats, violence, extortion, and intimidation from criminal organizations?  Is it systemic corruption?  Are these countries failed states?  If so, what are the root causes?

The truth is that the current situation in Central America is largely a result of horrible US foreign policy that has propped up brutal dictatorships and overthrown democratically elected governments that attempted to put in a system of checks and balances to combat US interference.   The US did not like that these elected leftist governments were not pro-US and did not want to roll over and be exploited.  The most immediate cause can be traced to the former President Ronald Reagan, who funded and deployed right-wing military death squads in El Salvador, which waged a civil war against its own citizens in the name of stopping the spread of communism.   The US spent $4 billion  on economic and military aid to El Salvador which led to the death of 75,000 people, many of them civilians caught in the crossfire.  Reagan dumped $1 billion into Nicaragua to fight against the democratically elected Sandinista government.  This led to the deaths of 50,000 people.  Reagan used Honduras as a base to coordinate military operations against the Nicaraguan government.  Multiple US presidents also propped up the brutal Somoza dictatorship, which led to the deaths of 200,000 people. This started in  1924  when the US forced the sitting president to resign and installed Adofo Diaz.  Eventually, Anastasio Somoza Garcia overthrew Diaz, with the blessing of the US, and held onto power for 43 years.

Gerson Martinez, an El Salvadoran rebel leader in the 1980s, has called Central American street gangs the “ grandchildren ” of Reagan’s policies.  He said the migration created by US-backed paramilitaries was the cause of large numbers of people migrating to the United States.  He also stated that the many of the gang members are people who fled the war and learned gang culture in cities like Los Angeles and New York City.  After deportation, they brought the gang violence home, creating the “region’s most critical security issue.”   

The US history of meddling in Central America goes back much further than the 1980s.   In 1954 , the US deposed Guatemalan president Jacobo Arbenz and installed a puppet dictatorship that was more in line with the interests of the United Fruit Company, which coincidently had ties to brothers Allen and John Foster Dulles, the CIA director and Secretary of State respectively.  Che Guevara was living in Guatemala at the time and blamed Guatemala’s “open society” for the situation that led to a coup.  He convinced Fidel Castro of this.  Castro was able to fend off many attempts on his life but the cost of this was a free Cuba.  Cases of  US interference  in Latin America can be traced back as early as 1780.  To write about all them would require writing a novel. 

The most recent example of  US interference  happened in Honduras on June 28th, 2009, when democratically elected president Jose Manuel Zelaya was deposed.  The American support for the dictatorship of Porfirio Lobo has been a foreign policy disaster.  The US media likes to blame the drug trafficking gangs for the explosion of violence that has caused the country to have the world’s highest murder rate, but that is an incorrect and simplistic way to view the situation.  The coup of Zelaya caused a large increase in drug trafficking, violence, and a wave of state-sponsored oppression.  Honduras meets the criteria to be considered a  failed state .  Lobo won an election in November 2009 that was run by the same people who caused the coup.  President Obama recognized him when most of Latin America would not.  Members of the press have been assassinated, as have 43 land activists.  Nevertheless, Obama praised Lobo for “restoring democracy.”  Eighty-seven members of Congress signed a letter imploring then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to block military and police aid to Honduras. 
New York Times  writer Dana Frank wrote,

“Why has the State Department thrown itself behind the Lobo administration despite brutal evidence of the regime’s corruption? In part, because it has caved to the Cuban-American constituency of Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, the Republican chairwoman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, and her allies. They have been ferocious about Honduras as a first domino with which to push back against the line of center-left and leftist governments that have won elections in Latin America in the past 15 years. With its American air base, Honduras is also crucial to the United States’ military strategy in Latin America.”

Trump has tried to point the finger at President Obama, claiming his “weak” immigration policies are what caused the proliferation of MS-13, but well known “liberal rag” Business Insider proves that this could not be further from the truth.  According to their  article  on the subject, gangs like MS-13 and Barrio 18 were established in Los Angeles in the 1980s.  In the 1990s, migrants started moving to the east coast in search of new job opportunities.  Unfortunately, gang culture moved with them, helping spread this violent ideology.  Even the  fact sheet  released by the Department of Justice on April 18th, 2017, shows that MS-13 has been operating in the US since the 1980s.  MS-13 gang activity has been documented in 42 different states, including  Iowa .  While it can be argued that Obama was extremely weak on this issue, the conditions that led to the current situation were in place long before Obama was even a state senator.

Many different presidential administrations, both Republicans and Democrats, have caused a great deal of harm in Central America.  These efforts particularly ramped up during the Cold War period, in a paranoid attempt to limit Soviet influence in the region. This is a problem we caused so we have an obligation to do what we can to fix it. Immigration hardliners like to blame the “moral failings” of the immigrants who come here to escape crushing poverty, gang violence, and an extremely high rate of unemployment.  They fail to consider the history of US imperialism and oppression because that would force them to view immigrants/refugees as human beings.  It would go against their view that the US is the “greatest nation on earth.”  America, we built this. It’s our responsibility to fix it. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.7  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.2    5 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.8  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.2    5 years ago
“The current debate … is almost totally about what to do about immigrants when they get here,” said Jeff Faux, a distinguished fellow at the  Economic Policy Institute , a left-leaning think tank. “ But the 800-pound gorilla that’s missing from the table is what we have been doing there that brings them here, that drives them here.”

Decades of U.S. intervention

From the  perspective of Faux  and others, the answer goes back decades. There was the CIA’s covert operation to overthrow Guatemala’s democratically elected president in 1954. And America’s intervention in El Salvador’s civil war in the 1980s. And the Obama administration’s refusal in 2009 to label the ouster of Honduras’ president a military coup – even though soldiers dragged him out of  bed in the middle of the night and sent him into exile in his pajamas.

“We’ve sent troops there, we’ve suborned governments there, and basically, we have been supporting the elites who protect U.S. business interests,” Faux said.

The decades-long history of American intervention has left Central American governments weak and fragile, he said, while empowering oligarchs and drug cartels, which has, in turn, fueled the corruption and  gang violence  that drives residents to flee.

“People are leaving because the corrupt governments (supported by the U.S.) have tolerated and encouraged the growth of these criminal organizations,” he said.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.10  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.8    5 years ago
Many different presidential administrations, both Republicans and Democrats, have caused a great deal of harm in Central America.  These efforts particularly ramped up during the Cold War

It's debatable that the so called interventionism caused the problems extant in Central America. So you admit that previous democrat administrations had their hands in this mess also. The point being discussed is that the problem predated Trump who is trying to fix it. What have the Democrats ever done to "fix it"?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.12  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.8    5 years ago

“But the 800-pound gorilla that’s missing from the table is what we have been doing there that brings them here, that drives them here.” Decades of U.S. intervention .'

Your the one that just posted
3.2.1 JohnRussell :

"The U.S. should develop a plan intended to improve living conditions in the Central American countries where these migrants are originating from."

You want the U.S. to get involved now, but then you put up that U.S. involvement has caused a problem.

Are you Fucking kidding me ? jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.13  JohnRussell  replied to  XDm9mm @3.2.9    5 years ago

One of our problems is that we destabilized the societies of these countries with our "anti-communism" efforts first initiated by Reagan. He was so worried about "Marxism" taking hold in the western hemisphere that he created the conditions that have led to the destruction of those societies. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.14  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.12    5 years ago

[Removed

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.16  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.13    5 years ago

That's just a wild ass assumption instead of being factual. These countries have never had a functioning democratic type of society or government.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.17  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.14    5 years ago
I can see you have no intention or perhaps ability to discuss the issue. 

How do you discuss ANYTHING, with a person that CONTRIDICTS his/her own self ?

That would be as dumb as discussing "Illegal" is the same as "Legal" with someone ! jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.18  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  XDm9mm @3.2.15    5 years ago
I'm really starting to wonder if some people actually did originate from Bizzaro world.

It's the norm on the "Left" for sure.

They're "For It", before "They were against it" !

John Kerry and Hillary Clinton coined that one for the Bizarro's to use at a later date !

The "Later Date" is now here ! jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.2.19  Jasper2529  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.5    5 years ago
It is not our responsibility to improve living conditions in their home countries. Who will pay for it?

We already give millions of dollars in humanitarian aid to Central American countries. The question is ... what the hell are those countries DOING with that free money?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.20  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.6    5 years ago
The truth is that the current situation in Central America is largely a result of horrible US foreign policy that has propped up brutal dictatorships and overthrown democratically elected governments that attempted to put in a system of checks and balances to combat US interference.  

WOW ! jrSmiley_50_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Trump didn't do that ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

He's trying to fix it, and the "Left" are trying to stop him ! The "Left" NEEDS "Status-quo ? jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.2.21  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    5 years ago
be "cruel" to brown skinned people

Are the illegal aliens from Asian and European countries "brown skinned people"? NO. Stop pulling that stupid race card, because it's been over-used for years and no longer has credibility.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.22  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    5 years ago

Already tried that; and wasted how many billions of dollars?  Or do you really need to have it proven that the US sucks at nation building?

Working on that already. Despite the Dems not wanting to fund it.

In the meantime the migrants who are in the US custody should be treated with dignity. 

That takes money. It took the Dems forever to admit there was a crisis at the border. Just before the 4th of July the House passed the Senate emergency finance bill. It takes time for the money to be allocated, and new detention centers to be brought on line.  It is not like Trump can allocate funds from elsewhere, and not have the Dems and left fight him every step of the way in court.  The Dems were trying to restrict the amount of beds outside of the border that ICE can use. That was at the start of this year.

The Trump administration said last month that it wanted $4.2 billion to support 52,000 detention beds. "Given that in recent months, the number of people attempting to cross the border illegally has risen to 2,000 per day, providing additional resources for detention and transportation is essential," the White House said.

But Democrats are seeking to cap the number of detention beds. In a statement Sunday, Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard, D-Calif., asserted that "A cap on ICE detention beds will force the Trump administration to prioritize deportation for criminals and people who pose real security threats, not law-abiding immigrants who are contributing to our country."

Democrats want to limit to 16,500 the number of beds used in the interior of the country, where ICE places people it arrests who have overstayed their visas or committed misdemeanor crimes. Roybal-Allard charges the Trump administration with

"pursuing an out-of-control deportation policy focused on removing immigrants with no criminal records, many of whom have deep roots in their communities. This approach is cruel and wrong. A cap on detention beds associated with interior enforcement will rein in the Trump administration's deportation agenda."

Democrats say a cap of 16,500 would restore immigration enforcement to levels in place at the end of the Obama administration. A House Democratic aide speaking on background said Democratic and Republican negotiators had agreed to reduce funding overall for ICE detentions to a range between 34,000 and 38,500 beds by the end of the year.

Read the part I put in bold. You want to explain how asinine her statement is. Immigrants that are here legally do not get deported. Only those that are undocumented; or have over stayed/violated their VISA's do- which means they are all in violation of our laws.

Outside of that 2,000 undocumented/illegal immigrants hitting our southern border every day and the fucking idiots in Congress, lead by the Democrats, were talking about capping the number of beds available? WTF! How out of touch with reality are they!

None of that is happening because it is a re-election chip for Trump, in appealing to his deplorables , for him to be "cruel" to brown skinned people. 

And the race card is played.  Feel better?  "Think only brown skinned people" are being deported? The ICE crack down is on all illegal immigrants that are in violation of US law; regardless of country of origin.

None of what you propose will fix our illegal immigration problem.  It will take a major reform in our laws. Starting with either the mother or father of any child born must be a legal US citizen; to be considered a US citizen. That will do away with anchor babies, and remove a major reason for pregnant mothers coming. Before you say anything; yes I know that most come from China now- who the hell cares? The law will apply equally to everyone. Second, allow immigrants to apply for amnesty at US embassies and consulates in their home countries. That will save them the wasted trip, when the majority will get their amnesty request refused. Lastly, anyone caught in the US illegally will have no chance at obtaining asylum, citizenship, or VISA's of any kind. They will be deported immediately, and any future attempts at entry will meet with the same immediate deportation back to their country of origin at that countries expense. If that means we have to freeze that country's assests to get payment- so be it.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.23  Sparty On  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.17    5 years ago
How do you discuss ANYTHING, with a person that CONTRIDICTS his/her own self ?

When in doubt obfuscate, deflect, redirect, project ....

Yeah, that’s the ticket!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.24  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    5 years ago

Do you demand that the European Union also develop plans to improve living conditions in Middle Eastern countries?

We are doing what we can. It is kind of hard when we have to waste so much time with all the bogus claims of asylum.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.25  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.13    5 years ago
we destabilized the societies of these countries

The countries have been "unstable" for pretty much forever. That's not something the United States introduced. Unless your idea of "stable" is strongman dictatorships, then yeah, I guess we might have destabilized a country or two. I'm not sorry for that.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.26  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.13    5 years ago

No country donates more in humanitarian aid and relief around the world than the USA.    And i’m not talking just the government but private citizens and organizations as well.

Perhaps we should just stop all of it cold turkey just so you could see what real pain looked like ...... ya think?

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.27  bugsy  replied to  Sparty On @3.2.26    5 years ago
And i’m not talking just the government but private citizens and organizations as well.

And by far more conservatives doing the donating than the liberal counterparts.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.29  Sparty On  replied to  XDm9mm @3.2.28    5 years ago

Many in the younger generations don’t have a clue about that. The USSR and communism was the biggest existential threat to our existence back then.    Russians were our enemy back then and my opinion on that hasn’t changed.    Although they have more competition now.    Specifically .... China.

It’s still ..... better dead than red.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.2.30  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    5 years ago

So, now you want the U.S. to be the "fixer" for all countries who are so deeply entrenched in nepotism, greed, and crooked leadership?  Why?  As "Me" asks below - when did the citizens in the U.S. fall to the bottom of the ladder?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2.31  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  XDm9mm @3.2.15    5 years ago

Trump did.  He will put a hotel there soon.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4  Nerm_L    5 years ago

See for yourself!  Foreign countries really are influencing American politics.

Reparations for immigrants would be easy.  Just give California back to Mexico.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5  Mark in Wyoming     5 years ago

US intervention south of our border goes back long before Reagan was even born , starting with the Monroe doctrine ,  At the beginning of the last century even ole TR , created his great white fleet to intervene in the gulf areas , not just to project US naval abilities world wide, he even went so far as to instigate a revolution that separated what is now Panama , from Columbia  which it was part of , to get a better deal on making the panama canal than the Columbians were seeking or offering .

And just about every president since then has stuck their pinkie fingers in the area , be they dem or rep, for whatever resources were needed at the time .

Doesn't make it right , but trying to lay the blame in only one place isn't right either.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    5 years ago
We feel every person has the right to dignity

So does every country. You deprive a country of its dignity when you march across its borders without permission and start demanding things.

bugsy
Professor Participates
7  bugsy    5 years ago

Easy fix to this?

Round up everyone at a immigrant center that is here illegally and return them to their country of origin. They committed a crime by coming here illegally, so being returned should be the correct course of action.

bugsy
Professor Participates
8  bugsy    5 years ago

I find it hilarious that the faux outrage liberals are upset about the Tennessee governor that signed a law that the legislature passed and many governors, including democratic governors, signed before him, but have absolutely no problem with dumbassess taking down an American flag in Colorado, and replace it with a Mexican flag.

In most countries, taking down the flag of the country and replacing it with another country's flag is a textbook example of a coup. Those who did that should be held on those charges.