╌>

CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo Completely Dominates Trumpster Punks In Verbal Confrontation

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  78 comments

CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo Completely Dominates Trumpster Punks In Verbal Confrontation

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Viral video of CNN anchor Chris Cuomo dominating and intimidating Trumpster "tough guy" who had called Cuomo names.  Nice to see a "liberal"or moderate (which is what Cuomo really is) stand up to the Trumpster big mouths. 

The punk repeatedly backs down as Cuomo intimidates him. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Trump and sons have been trying to belittle Cuomo over this video, but Im not sure why. It shows Cuomo dominating someone who called him a stupid name . 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Trumpster punk : "I thought it was your name" 

lol. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

CNN allows the F word.

Fredo must be so mad he works for a racist network.

I imagine his black co workers must love him today.  Fredo is as bad as the  n-word. Sure. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    5 years ago

I thought Trumpsters were the tough guys. Thats what the president says. Not in this case. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    5 years ago

Tough guys think Fredo is a racist slur equivalent to the n-word? Not going to go over well in the victimization Olympics. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

A profanity-laced video surfaced Monday night showing CNN anchor Chris Cuomo threatening to throw a man down the stairs for calling him “Fredo,” referring to the fictional character Fredo Corleone from “The Godfather” films.

But the core of the backlash centered on one claim from Cuomo: that calling an Italian person “Fredo” was comparable to using the n-word — an assertion that had many Italian Americans scratching their heads and other critics calling Cuomo out of bounds.

“Are any of you Italian?” Cuomo asked the group of men involved in the confrontation. “It’s an insult to your people. ... It’s like the n-word for us.”

On Monday night, CNN also said it stood by the host.

“Chris Cuomo defended himself when he was verbally attacked with the use of an ethnic slur in an orchestrated setup,” CNN spokesman Matt Dornic  said in a statement on Twitter . “We completely support him.”

President Trump weighed in on the controversy on Tuesday morning, taking digs at both Cuomo and CNN.

“I thought Chris was Fredo also,” the president tweeted to his 63 million followers. “The truth hurts. Totally lost it! Low ratings  @CNN

The video, which blew up after being published on a right-wing YouTube channel called “THAT’S THE POINT with Brandon,” captures Cuomo growing agitated and ultimately threatening violence after an unidentified man approaches him and apparently calls him “Fredo.” The host of the channel, Brandon Recor, told The Washington Post that the video was captured at a bar in Shelter Island, N.Y., on Sunday and sent to him by the man in the confrontation, who went up to Cuomo to ask for a picture.

The confrontation appeared to escalate after the man refused to back off from his “Fredo” comment, insisting he didn’t mean to insult Cuomo. The man tells Cuomo mockingly, just after the CNN host compared “Fredo” to the n-word, “You’re a much more reasonable man in person than you seem to be on television.” Cuomo then warns that the two will have “a problem.”

“What are you gonna do about it?” the man asks.

“I’ll f---ing ruin your s---,” Cuomo tells him. “I’ll f---ing throw you down these stairs.”

The man says that Cuomo probably “doesn’t want to do that,” but Cuomo continues by saying, “Take a swing at me. Call me Fredo.”

Cuomo found support in unlikely corners, ranging from rival Fox News host Sean Hannity to onetime White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci, while his critics spanned Trump 2020 campaign representatives and other journalists.

Hannity applauded Cuomo , saying the CNN host was the one who “deserves the apology.”  Scaramucci said  he was “very proud” of Cuomo because “this happens all the time” and “it’s quite racist.”

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4    5 years ago

He's fredo for the rest of his life now. You understand that , right?

This is the worst thing that could have happened to poor Fredo. He should have told him to fuck off and moved on with his day. Now he's Fredo forever. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1    5 years ago
Now he's Fredo forever. 

Only to people like you. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  XDm9mm @4.1.2    5 years ago

Moe Green's going to have slap Fredo around again. 

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
4.1.4  SteevieGee  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1    5 years ago
Now he's Fredo forever.

You say that here but if you tell him to his face he's very likely to make you the next random guy who looks like an idiot.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  SteevieGee @4.1.4    5 years ago

Nah. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

Fredo is a new term to me.  Can someone explain to me why it is considered a slur.  Isn't it the name of one of the brothers in the Godfather movies.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5    5 years ago

Fredo was a negative character in the Godfather films, in the sense he was weak and betrayed his family. It is not difficult to see why an Italian would object to being called Fredo. 

Whether it is a wdiespread slur, I dont know, some people say yes and some say no. 

All that matters in this instance though is that Chris Cuomo took it as an insult. 

The guy who said it to him then tries to claim that he thought Fredo was Chris Cuomo's real name. Weak. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    5 years ago

Thank you for the clarification.  The sound bite was just now on the local news to include Trump's usual moronic rant in his foot stomping two year old fashion.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    5 years ago

I guess the southern conservatives here on NT won't mind if we just start calling them all "Jim Bob" now, right?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  Sunshine  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.2    5 years ago
"Jim Bob" now, right?

Would be better than racist and white supremacist.

Cuomo is a douche bag.  Douche Bag Cuomo would be a better fit than Fredo.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.3    5 years ago
Would be better than racist and white supremacist.

I have never called anyone here a racist or white supremacist. I have called white supremacists, Nazi and members of the KKK worthless pieces of garbage. I have called the Presidents comments towards Mexicans and many other minorities "racist". If anyone here took offense at me calling white supremacists worthless trash then they should ask themselves why they would take offense at something targeting very specific vile ideologies.

I do find it strange how often some come to the defense of white supremacists, Nazi's and the KKK. I have seen many rush to the defense of xenophobes, homophobes and Islamophobes which I can only wonder why anyone would be demanding fair treatment on behalf of those kinds of fearful bigots. But I've never called anyone here a racist or white supremacist, I have only ever railed against white supremacy and questioned why anyone would choose to defend such vile prejudiced hate.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.2    5 years ago

You should differentiate which Southern conservatives you are talking about, the Eastern ones or the Western ones. In my pueblo we no have "Jim Bobs"...jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.2    5 years ago

You know insults towards other members here isn't allowed.   That said, "Jim Bob" is an insult in line with "Fredo" i suppose.

Still, neither of them are racial slurs remotely equivalent with the N-word.   Not even close.

Como is just being a snowflake.   Don't really blame him in this case though.    Calling people out in public like that is in really poor taste.   Bad juju no matter who is doing it, to whoever.    Especially when in this case he's out with his family.   Shouldn't have snapped like he did though.   He's admitted as much now.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.7  Greg Jones  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.2    5 years ago

Just don't call them "Sue"

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
5.1.8  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.2    5 years ago
the southern conservatives here on NT won't mind if we just start calling them all "Jim Bob"

Call us anything you want. We've got thicker skins than the snowflakes to the North, and the general Flakes on the West Coast.

Except late for dinner...now THAT is where we get upset!!!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Just think what Cuomo and CNN would have done if that Covington kid had reacted like this when those adults were telling him to "go back to Europe." They tried to destroy a kid for smirking, now they celebrate Fredo as a hero for threatening to throw a guy down the stairs for mocking him.  

Can't make this stuff up. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    5 years ago

You have a lot of grievances built up Sean.  Who would have guessed?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    5 years ago

It's just to fun to watch you dance whatever way your puppet masters pull the strings. 

Trying to get in front of this as a good look for Fredo is an all timer. 

But please, tell us how you would have been praising the Covington kid for "dominating" the man who was harassing him if he had threatened to ruin him and throw him down. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1.1    5 years ago

I did not criticize the kid from Covington other than he could have walked away out of respect for an elderly man. 

In this case the one confronting Cuomo was a punk. Then he says "I thought it was your name. "jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

The only people who are going to get all over Cuomo for this are the ones I couldnt care less about to begin with. 

He shut the Trumpster punks down. I'm sure they were surprised. Theyve been told that all the people on tv from the middle or the left are sissies. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.3    5 years ago

Its off topic, but do whatever you think is best Mr. Moderator. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.5    5 years ago

Sean brought up the Covington kid. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2  Sparty On  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    5 years ago

Can't you just feel the love in here right now?

jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    5 years ago

He probably should have let it go or at least made not such a big deal out of it. Now, it's going to hover around him for the rest of his career. 

He seems like a violent guy. You want to throw a guy down the stairs because he called you name? He has talked on air like he wants to fight. He could be a bit of a bully.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
7.1  Sunshine  replied to  Tacos! @7    5 years ago

He may need to lay off the steroids.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
10  KDMichigan    5 years ago

What a punk. If he felt he was insulted by being called Fredo then he should have stepped up. Instead all he did was run his mouth like a bitch. 

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
11  JaneDoe    5 years ago

Fredo Corleone is the childish, easily-led brother from The Godfather whose weakness and insecurity lead him to betray his family.

Chris Cuomo is the childish, easily-led CNN anchor whose weakness and insecurity lead him to getting into public fights with people who call him Fredo.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
13  Sparty On    5 years ago

Chris Cuomo is a poors mans Vince McMahon

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

President Trump ’s reelection campaign is selling T-shirts mocking   Chris Cuomo   after the CNN anchor got into a heated, profanity-laced argument with someone who called him “Fredo.”

The shirt being sold by Trump's campaign includes the label  “Fredo unhinged” and “text ‘Fredo’ to 88022,” alongside images of Cuomo from a video of the confrontation.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @14    5 years ago

Thank you for providing us with more proof that the current president of the United States is a clown. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @14.1    5 years ago

To the contrary, I just proved that the hate filled liberals are gonna put him right back in the White House. In case you don't know it decent Americans loathe liberals!

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
15  Citizen Kane-473667    5 years ago

Fredo is a punk. Let him bow up to someone like me and we'll see who goes down the stairs...