╌>

More than 100 tires slashed in New Jersey Jewish community; police investigating as bias crimes

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  2 comments

More than 100 tires slashed in New Jersey Jewish community; police investigating as bias crimes

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Eyewitness News - abc7, Tuesday August 13 2019

Surveillance video shows the slasher while carrying out his crime.

LAKEWOOD TOWNSHIP, New Jersey (WABC) -- A hate crime investigation is underway after someone slashed more than 100 tires in a Jewish community in New Jersey.

The suspect was caught on surveillance video plunging a knife into the tires of two cars outside a home in Lakewood Township over the weekend.

Police say there were several instances of tire slashings last week on Pine Street, and several more on Saturday night on Albert Avenue.

Officials say the suspect didn't appear to pick random vehicles, just anything in his path -- most of the slashings occurred early Saturday morning.

Police say all of the vehicles were owned or operated by members of the Orthodox Jewish faith and the slashings took place as they were involved in Sabbath prayers and celebrations.

"I came out Saturday morning and my tires were slashed," one victim said. "I just moved to the neighborhood a couple weeks ago, this is my welcome to the neighborhood.

"His bill totaled more than $1,000 to repair his tires that were slashed.

He did not want to address the suspect's motivation, but is uncomfortable with the fact that he is now a victim.

"Hopefully the insurance will cover most of it, but still it's a big pain, I wasn't able to move around much on Sunday and I just got back from repairing the second car and I better get on with my work day," he said.

The New Jersey town is home to one of the world's largest yeshivas.

The Anti-Defamation League says it is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case.

BUZZ NOTE:  There is a surveillance video with this seed that I am unable to open but you can watch it by either clicking on the "SEEDED CONTENT" link at the top of this page, or click on this link:

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Enoch
Masters Quiet
2  Enoch    5 years ago

Dear Friend Buzz: One of my graduate students is now on the faculty of the Lakewood Yeshiva.

That community is a center of personal and group piety, community service and scholarship.

How brave of the bigots who stab tires to death as they bleed out air when they think no one is looking.

Let the police and courts do their job.

Best thing for the health of such haters as these is that law enforcement gets to them before people like me and other combat hardened veterans do.

What goes around comes around.

Peace and Abundant Blessings Brother.

"Yesh yavoh Yom Ha Din, Baruch Dayan Emet".

"There will come a Day of Judgement. Blessed be the True Judge (G-d).   

Enoch.