╌>

Anthony Scaramucci: The Left Should 'Deprogram' Trump Supporters Like They're in a 'Cult'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  72 comments

Anthony Scaramucci: The Left Should 'Deprogram' Trump Supporters Like They're in a 'Cult'
"We recognize that the president is a clear and present danger to the American society—the American culture,"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Anthony Scaramucci says that the political left should view the president's loyal supporters as members of a cult that need to be deprogrammed.

During an Fox News interview Sunday with Howard Kurtz, the one-time White House director of communications warned, "We recognize that the president is a clear and present danger to the American society—the American culture,"

"There are many people inside the White House and in the Cabinet. I would ask the left to... create an off-ramp for those people," he added. "Because when you're trying to deprogram people from a cult, one of the first things you have to do is allow them to change their mind."

Although Scaramucci donated substantially to Trump's 2016 presidential campaign and has defended the president in the past—even after he was fired from his brief tenure at the White House—the financier has grown  increasingly critical  since Trump's  racist attacks  against four progressive Democratic congresswomen last month.

Scaramucci, who long voiced support for Trump based due to his economic record, has now become one of his harshest critics, warning that he is attempting to divide the nation counter to American ideals.

anthony-scaramucci.png?w=737&f=219511b1a
Ex-White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci said Trump supporters need to be "deprogrammed." Fox News

--

Kurtz pointed out that many critics on the left have questioned why o Scaramucci, a former Trump loyalist himself, has turned on the president, since the president's divisive rhetoric is nothing new.

Scaramucci admitted it was "very justifiable criticism," but said he had an op-ed that would be published in  The Washington Post  this week explaining his change of heart in greater detail.

Trump and his aides have tried to discredit Scaramucci, arguing that he simply wants attention and publicity.

"They're considered persona non grata if they're in Donald Trump's orbit and support this president, but the moment they say something bad about the president, they all of a sudden become the toast of the town," White House deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley told Kurtz earlier in the show.

"I've seen it time and time again—it is instantaneous," he added. "When you have a chance to make money and profiteer off of the mocking, pushing against the president, people do it all the time. And, in this instance, it is no different."

Last weekend, Trump levied a direct attack against Scaramucci: "Like many other so-called television experts, he knows very little about me other than the fact that this Administration has probably done more than any other Administration in its first 2 1/2 years of existence," the president tweeted." Anthony, who would do anything to come back in, should remember the only reason he is on TV, and it's not for being the Mooch!"

Scaramucci was sent packing shortly after beginning his White House role back in 2017, after giving an interview to  The New Yorker  in which he made negative remarks about several administration officials.

Following Trump's criticism last weekend, Scaramucci made more media appearances.  He told CNN  the president was "actually disassembling a little bit and he's sounding more and more nonsensical."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago
Washington (CNN) Anthony Scaramucci, a former White House communications director who has  recently withdrawn his support for President Donald Trump , said Monday that he is putting together a coalition of former Trump Cabinet officials to denounce the President ahead of the 2020 election.
"I'm in the process of putting together a team of people that feel the exact same way that I do. This is not a 'Never Trump' situation. This not just screeching rhetoric. This is -- OK, the guy is unstable. Everyone inside knows it, everyone outside knows it. Let's see if we can find a viable alternative," Scaramucci told CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day."
"Moreover, I have to get some former Cabinet officials in unity to speak up about it. They know it's a crisis," he added. Scaramucci did not provide any names of people associated with the coalition he said he is assembling, but predicted that by "middle to late fall" there will be a "trove" of people willing to speak out against Trump.
Last week, Scaramucci  announced he no longer supports Trump's reelection bid  and that the top of the 2020 Republican presidential ticket may need to be replaced. During his "New Day" appearance on Monday, Scaramucci said that if more Republicans begin publicly opposing Trump, it would jumpstart a "process" that could eventually replace Trump on the GOP ticket.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

On CNN this morning Scaramucci compared the current situation to the story of the Caine Mutiny, where staff officers on a US Navy vessel acted against their mentally disturbed commanding officer. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago
On CNN this morning Scaramucci compared the current situation to the story of the Caine Mutiny, where staff officers on a US Navy vessel acted against their mentally disturbed commanding officer. 

Evidently, Scaramucci never read the book or saw the movie. If he had he would have known that the staff officers were wrong even thought they had a lawyer to successfully defend them against charges of mutiny. (BTW no officer has ever committed the act of mutiny in the long history of the United States Navy.) 

For those who have no idea what the lawyer tells them after the trial:

Greenwald: Tell me, Steve, after the Yellowstain business, Queeg came to you guys for help and you turned him down, didn’t you?
Maryk: Yes, we did.
Greenwald: You didn’t approve of his conduct as an officer. He wasn’t worthy of your loyalty. So you turned on him. You ragged him. You made up songs about him. If you’d given Queeg the loyalty he needed, do you suppose the whole issue would have come up in the typhoon?

Greenwald: And now we come to the man who should have stood trial. The Caine’s favorite author. The Shakespeare whose testimony nearly sunk us all. Tell ’em, Keefer.
Keefer: No, you go ahead. You’re telling it better.
Greenwald: You ought to read his testimony. He never even HEARD of Captain Queeg!
Maryk: Let’s forget it, Barney.
Greenwald: Queeg was sick, he couldn’t help himself. But you, you’re real healthy. Only you didn’t have one-tenth the guts that he had.

Now that we fully understand Herman Wouk, let me get to Scaramoucci. He is playing right into the new left's ideology of demanding that all Americans adhere to the principles of human progression, one in which we all think the same and embrace political correctness, new speak and identity politics. Anthony you are a discrace to your heritage!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    5 years ago

Where is the part in the Caine Mutiny quotes where the lawyer tells the officers Queeg wasnt mentally ill? 

I'll save you the trouble of looking through it, there isnt any such part. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    5 years ago
Where is the part in the Caine Mutiny quotes where the lawyer tells the officers Queeg wasnt mentally ill? 

You are reaching now.

I posted where he told them that Queeg would have been fine had he had their help. The question was never whether he was sick, but whether he was able to function as Captain. I believe Wouk made it clear throughout the story that the Captain is in charge or you are no good. As a matter of fact I think those very words were used. You either read that book or saw the movie and got it wrong!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    5 years ago

I didnt get anything wrong.  You are misrepresenting the comparison between Queeg and Trump. 

How does it help Trump's mental instability to know that Queeg may have been helped to deal with his mental illness by his underlings? 

Are you saying Trump is mentally ill but we should depend on KellyAnne Conway and Ivanka to help guide him through it? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    5 years ago
I didnt get anything wrong.

I'm afraid you have.

You are misrepresenting the comparison between Queeg and Trump. 

It's a bad comparison to begin with. Queeg was an old Captain suffering under the stress of WWII who was confronted with one too many crisis. Trump is a man of extraordinary strength & energy. I can only think of one other President who has gone through the onslaught of adversity that Trump endured and that President lost half the country as soon as he was elected. Most men would have caved under the daily media attacks like a timid young student being bullied in middle school. Not Trump! He survived and with the help of the leader of the Senate, he has changed the trajectory of the Courts. Bad trade deals that were once standard practice have been challenged and in once case corrected. Deregulation & tax cuts have energized a weak economy. I'd have to say Queeg and Trump are polar opposites. It was your comparison, not mine.

How does it help Trump's mental instability to know that Queeg may have been helped to deal with his mental illness by his underlings? 

Trump has no mental instability, unless you are trying to equate his character flaws to mental instability. Like I said, bad comparison.

Are you saying Trump is mentally ill but we should depend on KellyAnne Conway and Ivanka to help guide him through it? 

I'm saying that he is the President of the United States and deserves all the respect & support we (as Americans) traditionally give Presidents. Like the Captain of a ship, he has the job or we're no good, to paraphrase Herman Wouk.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    5 years ago

You haven't gotten anything wrong John.  You're right on the money.  

cms5
Freshman Quiet
3  cms5    5 years ago

This guy worked in the White House for SIX DAYS...absolutely hilarious!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  cms5 @3    5 years ago

He was a Trump mini me who spent three years promoting Trump. The shooting in ElPaso brought Scaramucci to his senses, and after an appearance on a tv talk show where Scaramucci showed a slight crack in his support for Trump, Trump attacked Scaramucci in a tweet, and the romance ended. 

There is nothing unusual about someone realizing Trump is garbage. 

cms5
Freshman Quiet
3.1.1  cms5  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    5 years ago

Actually, you will find that he is all about himself...which is why he didn't make it long in the WH. The liberal media can have him!

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    5 years ago
The shooting in ElPaso brought Scaramucci to his senses,

By "brought to his senses", you mean "showed him how much money he can make as a former Trump insider turned liberal commentator."

Yeah.  He came to his $en$e$ alright.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  cms5 @3.1.1    5 years ago

Funny, the 'president' is all about himself.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Jack_TX @3.1.2    5 years ago

When did he become a 'liberal commentator'?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.1.5  Jack_TX  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.4    5 years ago
When did he become a 'liberal commentator'?

It started right here.  When he started telling liberals exactly what they want to hear.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Jack_TX @3.1.5    5 years ago

So, since never.  Got it.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4  Sparty On    5 years ago

Lol, the title says it all.

I was trying to give this guy the benefit of doubt but with comments like that, it's getting harder and harder.

[delete]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4    5 years ago

(SOME) Trump supporters are cult like. 

Cult-of-Trump-4.jpg

c53c7dafa4afaadc68ba234c6e23511f.jpg

• The Cult of Trump | GQ

https:// www.gq.com /story/the- cult -of- trump

Aug 31, 2016  · The Cult of Trump.   “Our convention   occurs at a moment of crisis for our nation,” he proclaimed ominously as he officially accepted the Republican nomination for president at the party’s convention in Cleveland last month. It was a grim portrait of America, a once-great nation ravaged by terrorism, “poverty and violence” at home, “war and destruction” overseas.

• Author:   Rebecca Nelson
  • Escape From the Trump Cult | The New Republic

trump-cult

Of course,   Trump   did not build his   cult   of   followers—his   in-group—ex nihilo; in many ways, the stage was set for his entrance.

• 10 Signs You've Joined The Trump Cult | Daily Wire

https://www. dailywire .com/news/5248/10-indicators-youve-joined- trump-cult -ben-shapiro

Apr 26, 2016  · 10 Signs You've Joined The Trump Cult. Trump is instead redirecting power to the man who incessantly calls him “Mr.   Trump”   on the campaign trail and grabs reporters in his physical orbit,   Corey Lewandowski . Manafort, it should be noted, was the …

• Author:   Ben Shapiro
  • Is Donald Trump a cult leader? Expert says he "fits the ...

https:// www.salon.com /2018/03/06/is-donald- trump -a- cult -leader-expert-says-he-fits-the...

Mar 06, 2018  · March 6, 2018 10:00am (UTC) Let's review: Donald Trump is a petite-fascist and aspiring demagogue who has threatened violence against his political enemies and shows no respect for the rule of law. He lies persistently and repeatedly, about matters small and large, in an effort to create a malignant new reality.

• Author:   Chauncey Devega

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    5 years ago
(SOME)Trump supporters are cult like. 

Some?   Some?   So what!    So are some Democrat supporters.   Do they need to be deprogrammed as well John?

This is going to be fun watching the TDS ridden ride the crazy train into oblivion in 2020.  

Popcorn and Preparation H futures are up .....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.1    5 years ago

Newstalkers requires us to put the SOME in front of statements about Trump supporters.  It would not have been my preferred wording. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    5 years ago

[Deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.3    5 years ago

What you are saying , it seems, is that Democrats are as cult like as Trump supporters. 

Please find me a Democrat who has lied 10,000 times and still has a cult like following. 

The problem that all of you Trumpsters have is that there is no comparison between the behavior of Trump and ANYONE else in public life (government).  Trump is worse by orders of magnitude. 

Today, for example

President Trump, confronting perhaps the most ominous economic signs of his time in office, has unleashed what is by now a familiar response: lashing out at what he believes is a conspiracy of forces arrayed against him.

He has insisted that his own handpicked Federal Reserve chair, Jerome H. Powell, is intentionally acting against him. He has said other countries, including allies, are working to hurt American economic interests. And he has accused the news media of trying to create a recession.

“The Fake News Media is doing everything they can to crash the economy because they think that will be bad for me and my re-election,” Mr. Trump tweeted last week. “The problem they have is that the economy is way too strong and we will soon be winning big on Trade, and everyone knows that, including China!”

NYT

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    5 years ago

I rest my case.

Have what fun you can, while you can John.   This is just going to get worse and worse for you with that attitude.

Take it to the bank.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    5 years ago
Please find me a Democrat who has lied 10,000 times and still has a cult like following.

CNN

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.7  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    5 years ago

Interesting graphic. Let me turn it around on you.

It's just as cultish

to say a person is always wrong,

to claim that he is never persecuted,

that nothing he ever does can be justified no matter how helpful,

to be extremely obsessed with him to the exclusion of being able to talk about anything else,

and to act as though it is impossible for him to ever know or speak the truth.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.8  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    5 years ago
What you are saying , it seems, is that Democrats are as cult like as Trump supporters. 

No, he's saying (SOME) Democrats are.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.9  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    5 years ago

No different than this..

cult-of-personality-obama.jpg

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  bugsy @4.1.9    5 years ago

Here's some more, including possibly the most cringeworthy article ever to appear in a newspaper.

"Many spiritually advanced people I know (not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual) identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, bu t who can actually help usher in  a new way of being on the planet , of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us  evolve . They are philosophers and peacemakers of a very high order, and they speak not just to reason or emotion, but to the soul."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.11  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @4.1.9    5 years ago

show us where Obama lied 10,000 times, defrauded hundreds of people for his own personal financial gain, was accused of sexual assault by over 15 women, failed to pay hundreds of contractors for services rendered, and led a conspiracy theory crusade to delegitimize the sitting president of the United States. 

When you can demonstrate that, and show that Obama kept his followers despite it, you will have a comparable point. 

Of course you also dont mention that Obama , as the first non white president of the United States was bound to have a passionate and committed following. 

Trump is an unethical ignoramus , what kind of people become cult followers to an unethical ignoramus? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.12  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.5    5 years ago
I rest my case.

What case? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.13  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.11    5 years ago

The problem with the "10,000 lie" thing is there was no way liberals would ever call out their messiah for anything, and risk the huge chance they would be called a racist.

There was not a hatred of Obama like there is of Trump. It is almost indescribable to the point where some on the left should be Baker Acted for their lunacy.

All because of the real reason they hate Trump...he's not Hillary.

BTW, I see you are playing word games...

To the left, Obama zombies are described as "passionate and committed".

To the left, Trump followers are called a cult.

Go back to 2015 and 16 and think about the reasons why Trump was elected. One of the biggest reasons was because of the name calling and demeaning from the left of those who dared criticize Obama and Abuela. They have not learned their lesson. As a matter of fact, they have ratcheted it up a notch by, because they can't lean on Mueller to take down Trump, and impeachment is now impossible, they are going back to calling Trump supporters names, including racist, which lost it's meaning during the Obama regime.

Will the left ever learn? I kinda hope not.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.11    5 years ago
'rump is an unethical ignoramus , what kind of people become cult followers to an unethical ignoramus?'

Unethical ignoramuses?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.12    5 years ago

You know ...... "the" case.

Duh!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.16  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.11    5 years ago

Sophomoric name calling.  

Now a national pastime of the left.

Congrats!

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.1.17  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.16    5 years ago
Sophomoric name calling.   Now a national pastime of the left.

Nobody could top Trump and his supporters when it comes to sophomoric name calling.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.18  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @4.1.17    5 years ago

I don't know, some leftists here on NT are in the hunt.  

Big time!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Anthony Scaramucci is a highly unstable “nut job” who was with other candidates in the primary who got shellacked, & then unfortunately wheedled his way into my campaign. I barely knew him until his 11 days of gross incompetence-made a fool of himself, bad on TV. Abused staff,.......got fired. Wrote a very nice book about me just recently. Now the book is a lie? Said his wife was driving him crazy, “something big” was happening with her. Getting divorced. He was a mental wreck. We didn’t want him around. Now Fake News puts him on like he was my buddy
8:19 AM · Aug 19, 2019
Someone told Trump that Scaramucci was on tv talking about Trump so naturally Trump drops whatever else he is doing seconds later and attacks Scaramucci on twitter.  This is how this presidency goes. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @5    5 years ago

I barely knew him until his 11 days of gross incompetence-made a fool of himself, bad on TV. 

Give me 11 days over 3 years any time.

I barely knew him

Yeah right, like he barely knew Epstein.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6  Dismayed Patriot    5 years ago

There is, without a doubt, a cult of Trump. It's been horrifying to watch people discard the last vestiges of their morality, ethics and humanity in favor of this orange faced lying adulterous buffoon. I once had great respect for those on the other side of the aisle, and felt they too wanted the same things I did for America, we just disagreed on how to get there. Now I have to wonder if they wouldn't be happier with a scorched earth policy of just burning everything and everyone that isn't in their vile Trump camp just to get their way because "winning" seems to have become more important to them than our nations welfare.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
6.1  Jack_TX  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6    5 years ago
Now I have to wonder if they wouldn't be happier with a scorched earth policy of just burning everything and everyone that isn't in their vile Trump camp just to get their way because "winning" seems to have become more important to them than our nations welfare.

That is exactly the same fear they have about "the left".

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7  MrFrost    5 years ago

Just remember, the first thing a cult leader does is tell you everyone else is lying to you. For example? Claiming that all news outlets are, "fake news", except for fox fake news, of course.

freepress
Freshman Silent
8  freepress    5 years ago

Fox "news" has created and enabled a false narrative pumped out daily creating a cult following. They make money dependent on the public being misinformed and literally "programming" their viewers. 

Cult members feed on this misinformation like a drug so deprogramming them is next to impossible. The only glimmer of hope is that even Fox and their pundits have had enough of the lies with Trump recently going against Fox hosts who dare to speak the real truth.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Imagine-If-You-Will-A-World-Where-People-Are-So-Brainwashed-They-Actually-Think-Donald-Trump-Should-Be-In-Charge-Of-It-Funny-Donald-Trump-Meme-Image.jpg

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  JohnRussell @9    5 years ago

We don't have to imagine it, it's what we're all watching happen every day. I would love to see Trump strip off his fat orange mask and it be Rod Serling underneath. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
9.2  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @9    5 years ago

All we have todo is consider the alternative if a Democrat were to be president 

Americans will utterly reject the radical leftist ideology of the Democratic candidate 

all he has to do is cite the Dems positions

open borders

free healthcare for illegals

take away your employer health insurance 

Court Packing

taxpayer funding of abortions (put in the Dem platform in 2016)

Repeal the Constitutional requirement of the electoral college which would alienate approximately half of the states from national elections and change us from a Constitutional Republic to a direct democracy of tyranny.

those alone will sink the Dem candidate 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.2.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  livefreeordie @9.2    5 years ago
all he has to do is cite the Republican invented Democrat positions open borders

bullshit

free healthcare for illegals

bullshit

bullshit

Court Packing

...happening right now under Dick for Brains Trump

taxpayer funding of abortions (put in the Dem platform in 2016)

bullshit

Repeal the Constitutional requirement of the electoral college .

(bullshit, all we have to do is get 11 more States to allocate their electoral votes to the popular vote winner and there will be no need for a constitutional amendment).

which would alienate approximately half of the states from national elections and change us from a Constitutional Republic to a direct democracy of tyranny

Which would elect the President that millions and millions more Americans voted for. Why should some get three times more voting power than others just because they live in the middle of nowhere? They are the most likely to be out of touch with the majority of Americans, as was proven in 2016. America is nothing but its people, we are America, so if you think you're somehow superior and you think you deserve more representation than other American citizens, then expect for the majority, the average American, to show you the fucking door as they will this monumental turd of a President in 2020. To all of Trumps bigoted supporters, not you rational Trump supporters, just the bigoted ones so I'm not being too general, get ready to choke on the landslide of Americans who reject Trump and all he falls for, because he's never stood for anything, ever, the bone spurs were obviously just too painful...

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
9.2.2  Jack_TX  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.2.1    5 years ago
bullshit

Sorry, but at least half of the Democrats running for president intend to take away (outlaw) my health insurance.  

How, exactly, is what he said "bullshit"?  And then how are we to take you seriously when you deny that which is so easily proven true?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Jack_TX @9.2.2    5 years ago
'Sorry, but at least half of the Democrats running for president intend to take away (outlaw) my health insurance.'

Your usual nonsense.  

Where is that great health care plan the 'president' has been talking about?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Jack_TX @9.2.2    5 years ago
(deleted)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @9.2.4    5 years ago

69097095_2978895632203471_940040814925447168_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQnXlDb8PrZjX-xQ0_eTPGQiQ2JJxZ7F2dzNzdccWnOgUfe7S4346H2jL2vKGPyG0hY&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=d0594c3aa722a5f83b0062920262e3e8&oe=5E150A2C

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.2.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Jack_TX @9.2.2    5 years ago

4 million Americans have lost their coverage under Trump. So I guess he beat the dems to it.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
9.2.7  Jack_TX  replied to  Tessylo @9.2.3    5 years ago
Your usual nonsense.  

You always say that when I'm right and you don't want to admit it.

Where is that great health care plan the 'president' has been talking about?

I said nothing about his plan.

I have a great health plan, and I'm not interested in having my taxes doubled so they can force me to trade it in for some bullshit Medicaid derivative.  

Yet Sanders, Warren, Harris, Booker, Gillibrand and several others want to outlaw my health plan and force me onto theirs.  

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
9.2.8  Jack_TX  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.2.6    5 years ago
4 million Americans have lost their coverage under Trump. So I guess he beat the dems to it.

Have they "lost" coverage or just exercised their new freedom to exist in America without it?

You do realize that "not forcing somebody to buy something" is not the same as "taking it away", yes?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  Jack_TX @9.2.7    5 years ago

When are you correct?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  Jack_TX @9.2.8    5 years ago
You do realize that "not forcing somebody to buy something" is not the same as "taking it away", yes?

I believe you just defined the gist of the problem, and why some folks simply can't talk about it rationally.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.11  bugsy  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.2.6    5 years ago
4 million Americans have lost their coverage under Trump.

No, many millions of Americans have opted to NOT have insurance once the mandate was deleted. Many young people decided they did not need to purchase health insurance, they were not forced off.

Another liberal myth.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
9.2.12  Jack_TX  replied to  Tessylo @9.2.9    5 years ago
When are you correct?

Well here, for a start:

And here:

Sanders, Warren, Harris, Booker, Gillibrand and several others want to outlaw my health plan and force me onto theirs.  

Why lie when the truth is so much fun?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.13  Tessylo  replied to  Jack_TX @9.2.12    5 years ago

Incorrect, again.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
9.2.14  Jack_TX  replied to  bugsy @9.2.11    5 years ago
Many young people decided they did not need to purchase health insurance, they were not forced off.

I'm not sure I understand this concept.  Help me out.

So you mean to tell me that if I ask you to buy me a new BMW and you say "no", you're not "taking away" my BMW?  What madness is this?

Next you'll be telling me that refusal to buy me an apartment on Central Park is not "denying my access" to housing in NYC.

This is a horrific display of racism against tall people from Texas.  I seriously don't know how you can look yourself in the mirror.

I have to go.   I just can't even......

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
9.2.15  Jack_TX  replied to  Tessylo @9.2.13    5 years ago
Incorrect, again.

I'm sure you'd like to believe so. 

But if I were really incorrect, you'd be able to demonstrate how. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.2.16  Tessylo  replied to  Jack_TX @9.2.15    5 years ago

You are incorrect, as usual 

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.2.17  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @9.2.16    5 years ago

So you have nothing to refute.  Again, no surprise.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.3  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @9    5 years ago

Democrat_f7aac7_2346906.jpg

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
10  livefreeordie    5 years ago

More bad news for the Never Trumpers

From Zogby

“A majority of voters give Trump thumbs-up again, while Trudeau lags behind at 43% job approval; Trump's support with his base has increased drastically; Nearly half of Hispanics approve of Trump

August 2019

Trump is winning with urban voters and has record support with African Americans

A new Zogby Poll® of 897 likely voters nationwide in the U.S., conducted from 8/9/19-8/12/19, with a margin of sampling error of +/-3.3 percentage points, shows President Trump's job approval rating at its best since we've been tracking the figure.  A separate poll of adults in Canada was conducted 8/9/19-8/11/19 with a margin of sampling error of +/- 4.3 percentage points.

President Trump's job approval has continued to rise the last few months. We previously saw a post Mueller report bounce and a strong economy has definitely helped him. But that's not the complete story as to why the president has reached a peak in his job approval rating. It's true Trump is riding high on positive economic news-a record high stock market, low unemployment, and solid GDP growth at home. It's also very plausible he is benefiting from poor performances by the Democratic presidential candidates who have continued to move very far to the left with their policies. The Democrats have floated nationalizing healthcare, strict gun control, "The Green New Deal", and raising taxes, all which are very unpopular in polling on a national level and in key battleground states.

President Trump continues to score well with younger Millennial voters aged 18-29 (46% approve/50% disapprove) and Generation Z voters aged 18-24 (44% approve/53% disapprove). Usually, Trump does best with voters over 50, but in our latest poll, he is receiving solid support from voters under 50--a majority of Generation X voters aged 30-49 approved of Trump's job as president (51% approve/49% disapprove).

The president's numbers continue to improve with Independents, which a few months ago his approval rating was in the 30's.

Race also played a factor in Trump's job approval rating. Hispanics, this time around, were much more likely to approve of his job performance (49% approve/51% disapprove), while the president also saw his numbers jump with African Americans. This was his second straight poll with over a quarter support from African Americans (28% approve/70% disapprove). If Trump wins half of Hispanics and a quarter of African Americans in 2020, Democrats will be in trouble

Religion was also a driving factor in Trump's high approval rating. This is very important to his re-election bid because religious voters turnout in big numbers. The president is polling very well with Catholics (58% approve/39% disapprove), Protestants(58% approve/40% disapprove) and Evangelicals (63% approve/34% disapprove).

cjcold
Professor Quiet
10.1  cjcold  replied to  livefreeordie @10    5 years ago

Zogby polls are the least accurate of all polls.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
10.1.1  livefreeordie  replied to  cjcold @10.1    5 years ago

then show where his numbers are wrong. After all, he is a Democrat

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
11  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago
says that the political left should view the president's loyal supporters as members of a cult that need to be deprogrammed.

the lunatics think they can deprogram sanity and common sense...

clueless much?

seriously... too funny.

cheers :)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @11    5 years ago

It's scary isn't it? I think even some old fashioned liberals might agree, the place that modern progressives want to take us dosen't seem to be a free country!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
11.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1    5 years ago

They want to party like its 1984 .....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @11.1.1    5 years ago

Minnesota - Thar she stands!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.2    5 years ago

And the only reason that Reagan didn't win Minnesota, along with all the other states, is probably because he didn't campaign there. He didn't want to embarrass Mondale in his home state!