╌>

Fox News’s Neil Cavuto calls out Trump on his own fake news

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  3 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

27d48390-94e1-11e6-8c8d-c3e317c05743_US-   Patrick Devine, Yahoo TV   3 hours ago  

3d4cd560-caf3-11e9-9f5a-8c42bb015d48

Fox News host  Neil Cavuto  took the President to task on Thursday when responding to Trump's criticism of the network. Trump's Fox feud escalated Thursday morning when he told  Fox News   radio host  Brian Kilmeade  that he was " unhappy with the network. " But, it was the President's tweet from Wednesday in which he declared "fox isn't working for us!" that prompted Cavuto's response.

"First of all, Mr. President, we don't work for you. I don't work for you. My job is to cover you, not fawn over you, or rip you, just report on you, to call balls and strikes on you. My job Mr. President, our job here is to keep the score, not settle scores," said Cavuto in response to the tweet.

After explaining his "fair and balanced" approach to reporting, Cavuto said Trump isn't a fan of negative press or anyone questioning him. Cavuto explained, "You are the President; It comes with the job. Just like checking what you say, and do, comes with my job,"

Cavuto checked Trump by pointing out multiple examples of the President's own misinformation and false claims. "I'm not the one who said tariffs are a wonderful thing; you are. I'm not the one that said Mexico would pay for the wall; you did. Just like I'm not the one who claimed Russia didn't meddle in the 2016 election; you did," said the Fox News host.

Cavuto continued reading off false claims made by Trump, like when he denied paying off Stormy Daniels; he said the Access Hollywood tape was fake; he claimed that he inherited a depression from Obama; and his recent reversal on background checks for guns within hours. "These aren't fake items. They are real items, and you really said to them," said Cavuto adding "Fake is when it's wrong Mr. President, not when it's unpleasant."

In the end, Cavuto acknowledged that the media isn't always fair to the President, but that doesn't mean he's entitled to his own facts, or special treatment. "Hard as it is to fathom, Mr. President, just because you're the leader of the free world, doesn't entitle you to a free pass. Unfortunately just a free press," Cavuto said in closing.

Your World With Neil Cavuto   airs Weekdays at 4 p.m. on Fox News.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

After explaining his "fair and balanced" approach to reporting, Cavuto said Trump isn't a fan of negative press or anyone questioning him. Cavuto explained, "You are the President; It comes with the job. Just like checking what you say, and do, comes with my job,"

Cavuto checked Trump by pointing out multiple examples of the President's own misinformation and false claims. "I'm not the one who said tariffs are a wonderful thing; you are. I'm not the one that said Mexico would pay for the wall; you did. Just like I'm not the one who claimed Russia didn't meddle in the 2016 election; you did," said the Fox News host.

Cavuto continued reading off false claims made by Trump, like when he denied paying off Stormy Daniels; he said the Access Hollywood tape was fake; he claimed that he inherited a depression from Obama; and his recent reversal on background checks for guns within hours. "These aren't fake items. They are real items, and you really said to them," said Cavuto adding "Fake is when it's wrong Mr. President, not when it's unpleasant."

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

What two things don't go together in the photo above?

This 'president' and common sense.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3  lady in black    5 years ago

It's about time someone from the media told it like it is...trump lies like a fucking rug daily and deporables eat his shit lies daily and ask for more.