╌>

GOP special election win papers over fragile 2020 position

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  it-is-me  •  5 years ago  •  2 comments

GOP special election win papers over fragile 2020 position
but they still have good reason to be concerned about the result.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Republicans went all-in to keep hold of a key congressional district in a special election Tuesday, and they wonbut they still have good reason to be concerned about the result.

While the GOP can celebrate the election of a new congressman, Dan Bishop, his 2-point victory in a district President Donald Trump carried by 12 points in 2016 continues a worrisome trend for the party, which suffered heavy losses in the 2018 midterms and has not seen the political environment improve as Trump gears up for reelection. 

Trump cannot win a second term without improving his political position, and Democrats know it, casting Bishop’s narrow win as a sign of progress in North Carolina. But Democrats also saw worrying trends of their own on Tuesday, as their candidate Dan McCready benefitted from a surge in metropolitan support that would have brought them victory — if not for an even stronger swell in rural support for Bishop and the GOP.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

Gotta luv "BUTS" !

I cannot lie, I like BIG "BUTS" ! jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Politics....and the "Media".....is a Hilarious combination ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

In Football....a 2 point advantage over the Opponent in the end….is called a "WIN" ….. PERIOD !

In Baseball, a 2 run lead over an Opponent in the end …… is called a "WIN" …… PERIOD !

In Politics....a 2 point "WIN" over an opponent is called trouble for the "Winners".

The "Double Standard" employed by the media towards a "Republican Political Winner" …… is just astounding ! jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif