╌>

Mike Pence says American Pharoah the horse bit him, but the Triple Crown winner's farm manager says otherwise

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  loretta-mashkawidee-kemsley  •  5 years ago  •  48 comments

Mike Pence says American Pharoah the horse bit him, but the Triple Crown winner's farm manager says otherwise
The bite was so painful Pence said he almost collapsed.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Vice President Mike Pence paid the first horse to win the Triple Crown in 37 years, American Pharoah, a visit at the farm in Versailles, Kentucky where the race horse now lives and is used for breeding.

Things didn't go according to plan for Pence, who told House Republicans at a policy retreat in Baltimore on Friday that the horse bit him so hard on the arm that he almost collapsed.

Pence turned the bite into a metaphor for politics, saying "In our line of work, you're going to get bit sometimes, but you keep fighting."

However, the farm manager in Kentucky told McClatchy it would have been out of character for American Pharoah to bite someone, and said he would "know it" if the bite had transpired - which he apparently didn't.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley
Professor Participates
1  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley    5 years ago

Why did  Pence lie about being bitten by American Pharaoh? What else does he lie about so casually?

As a horsewoman, I know he's lying because I've seen men get bitten on the arm so hard it made them almost collapse. They didn't smile through it and couldn't move their arm afterwards. One man, my friend's father, lost the use of his arm when a nerve was severed in a bite not nearly as hard as what Pence described.

If you look at the photo, he wasn't standing near the horse's mouth. The stallion would have had to turn his head around and reach past another man to bite him. In fact, the other man was so close to the horse, the horse would have had to shove him out of the way to reach Pence.  If he'd done that, the other men there would definitely seen him do it.

As to Barr saying he'd seen a bruise later on the plane, that's too casual. His arm wouldn't just have a small bruise. It would have a major bruise several inches across and quite a bit of swelling from a bite that hard. Horses can pick up hundreds of pounds and walk around carrying it in their teeth.

So why did he lie?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley @1    5 years ago
he wasn't standing near the horse's mouth.

than, how did it hear of it...? third person in a trifecta, usually places things from a stationary desk, on a conveyor belting out words meant conveyed, to show a place, where mayors ride stallions in the screaming reality that is heard by herd mentality, and women of mentality tallied up and over whence,

it comes to Trump and Pence hence fourth he drank a fifth and ney was a ney uttered, as he was goated to a T, wear as he wore a fork to dinner, but ate it width a spork, sparked by plugs of Orange Hoarse Hair Plastered to the ceiling, for better acoustics, though it didn't break glass, the bowl was smoking and choking those that were not cocky, while high above, below was the weigh that which it sometimes go, a stray horse with a stripe, should be plain black and white, cause colored is too dark 4 those  who  would right the ship, left abandoned, buy a Dark Hoarse voice i once heard in my ahead of time, arguing with multiple other horses sewing oats into the fabric for a latter meal, on longitude coordinates that pinpoint the arrow, pointing at the pin wheel spinning the twister arrow to a category for

a fifth to be drinking if some Jack Ass borrows over the limit of the drunk driving requiring people to risk their license, whence permitted to carry a rider that the Insurance never disclosed, as it's open 24/7 from 7 to 11, the only difference being 4 ones who cry and Wawa about their hours, as mine isn't, as i lost my sense of time travel whence Fox hit the 80's with blunt force trauma about a drama, queen , who would be King, if 5th had an Apple Crown, yet stick into mind, if a thorn were pulled from the roaring LYING , pause, that fast forwarded slow reverse mentality, while driving polarity to guard the Forward, who wanted to be the center of attention deficit, like disordered, to go, but eaten in house where from ordered and demand it, and i didn't, as God Damn the Pushy Man, God damn him, and his Denial swimming in discreet deceit, until Trump produces to the vegetables, The Meeting, persons, places, and things, as he consumed one chicken wing, and began to swim in circles

while he flew  off the reservations, while reading "Booking at the Counter", intelligence arguments, from indentured Gums up the works when Chiefy throws the kitchen sink out the window of opportunity, cause he knew Jack, to be nimble and quick like a horse racing the clock that was stuck in Tyme to get the point of a dire direction to encompass magnetic steel stolen from valor while stealing Magnolias from trees of Mine, but i don't.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley @1    5 years ago

He's a politician. All politicians lie at one time or another, some more than others,  and it is not particular to one political affiliation alone. Seems like nowadays it is almost a prerequisite for office in DC.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley @1    5 years ago

I was nipped once one the back of the upper arm as I was walking away with an empty feed bucket. 

The refills weren't coming fast enough I suppose.

It was just a love bite that turned black, green, yellow and purple and lasted 3months, lol.

A real shock at first, butt I learned my lesson, lol.

Don't dally with the oats !

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.3.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Split Personality @1.3    5 years ago

My son was nipped by a colt at a county fair one time.  The colt was on display to be auctioned off, and I guess he was sick of being surrounded by people wanting to pet him, because he was a really pretty colt.  My son was the unlucky one to be closest when he decided to show his temper.  Got nipped on the bicep while wearing a tank top.  It didn't break the skin, but it sure did bruise.

Professor Participates
1.3.2  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  Split Personality @1.3    5 years ago

Don't dally, for sure. They do get impatient. Our crew goes to a full chorus of whinnies that probably drive the neighbors nuts.

Given the power horses have in their jaws, almost every bite, including a small nip, will bruise. I've been the target of small nips and bigger bites. All of them have bruised, and the worst of them took a long time to heal.

Of course, horses bite each other frequently. I've seen some bites abscess even though the skin wasn't broken.

I watched one of our ponies pick up a bale of hay and walk off with it. That bale probably weighed 125 pounds, which takes a lot of muscle to move, yet he carried it with no problem. Glad he never bit me.

If a pony has that power in his bite, think what a horse the size of American Pharaoh has.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.3.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Split Personality @1.3    5 years ago

I also got bit once when the bucket was empty.  That sucker hurt for 2 weeks.  After that, I backed towards the gate if the bucket were empty.  That way I could ward off any approach.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.4  Tacos!  replied to  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley @1    5 years ago
So why did he lie?

I see no justification for concluding that he lied. 

One man, my friend's father, lost the use of his arm when a nerve was severed in a bite not nearly as hard as what Pence described.

You can't take one situation and make it the rule for all others. Not all bites are the same.

His arm wouldn't just have a small bruise. It would have a major bruise several inches across and quite a bit of swelling from a bite that hard.

You don't know that. Sometimes you just get bit in the right way so that it hurts a lot and then it's over. I had a horse mistake my finger for a piece of food. He got a hold of my finger and clamped down so hard, I thought I was about to lose my finger. It was incredibly painful and horrifying. I was completely at his mercy but he finally let go. When it was over, there was no broken bone, no broken skin, no bleeding, no swelling. There wasn't even a mark. But I sure know it happened.

Professor Participates
1.4.1  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  Tacos! @1.4    5 years ago

Actually, I can make that judgement. I've been around horses my entire life and trained many champions, both horses and riders. I also worked around movie stables and knew or worked with most of the movie star horses.

There is no way that horse bit him without being seen by his handler and the other people there, so yes, he lied. The only question is why.

As to "one bite," that cracks me up. I only mentioned one. That doesn't mean it is the only one I've ever seen or that I've never been bitten.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.4.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @1.4    5 years ago
I see no justification for concluding that he lied. 

Oh fer (blanks) sake.  You don't think there would be witnesses?  You don't think they would have had the White House PA that travels with the VP check him out? It wouldn't have been NEWS?

You don't think the VP would have made a sound and caused a fuss?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.4.3  Tacos!  replied to  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley @1.4.1    5 years ago
As to "one bite," that cracks me up. I only mentioned one. That doesn't mean it is the only one I've ever seen or that I've never been bitten.

It also doesn't mean you can accurately predict the behavior of any particular animal in all circumstances. Your experience can be very useful, but it's not all-knowing or all-powerful.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.4.4  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @1.4.2    5 years ago
You don't think there would be witnesses?

I think we don't know and can't know. Is that such a hard pill to swallow? That you might not know everything?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.4.5  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @1.4.4    5 years ago

FFS Tacos, the only time the man is alone is when he is in the loo,  jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Professor Participates
1.4.6  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  Split Personality @1.4.2    5 years ago

There were witnesses and at least one has said it did not happen. The photo also shows it could not happen without the others seeing it. The horse would have had to push one of the men out of his way in order to bite Pence.

New thought: why wouldn't he have bit the man closest to his head rather than focusing on Pence? That's what a horse would normally do if he was going to bite.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.4.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @1.4.4    5 years ago

I say question the horse.  Check his teeth for clothing fibers and Metamucil.

Professor Participates
1.4.8  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.4.7    5 years ago

Good idea. Let's get CSI out there. They'll solve it for sure. Should also check the horse for signs of poison or infection resulting from the bite if it occurred.

Professor Participates
1.4.9  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  Tacos! @1.4.3    5 years ago

Look at the horse in the photo. He's got a lip chain on. Whoever is holding the lead rope has pressure on that lip chain. So you think he yanked that lead rope with a lip chain hard enough to turn his head completely around to his shoulder, pushing another man out of the way to bite Pence? Why wouldn't he bite the man standing by his neck and focus on Pence? Why would he turn his head at all and cause himself pain from the lip chain?

Before you make a big deal out of the lip chain, that's very common at the track and in racing barns. This horse has been consistently photographed in hand with a chain across his nose or under his lip, as have his stable mates.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.4.10  Tacos!  replied to  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley @1.4.9    5 years ago

Ok I get it. It's really really really important for you to believe that the horse didn't bite him AND the VP is a petty liar. I think the honest response is that it's impossible to know for sure, but you believe what you want. I don't care.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley @1    5 years ago
If you look at the photo, he wasn't standing near the horse's mouth.

Well, when you see how Trump has treated Pence recently one could say Pence has, in fact, been metaphorically bitten by a horses ass...

“They threaten Mike every week that they’re going to take him off the ticket,” a Republican in touch with Pence’s camp told me. “They tell him, ‘You have to go here and say this, you have to go there and do that.’”

“Trump sees him as a good Christian man, but in Trump’s mind he thinks that means Mike’s weak,” the Republican close to the White House said, “Trump is annoyed Pence hasn’t been defending him more,”.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.6  SteevieGee  replied to  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley @1    5 years ago

Mike Pence is a smart guy.  He knows he shouldn't go to the stables dressed like he was.  It's only natural for a horse, especially hopped up on oats, to get the wrong message and feel like Mikey is coming on to him.  Mikey was clearly wanting a little nibble on his bit if you know what I mean.  Besides, it was a long time ago and this is a totally partisan attack.  How would they ever know way back then that Trump was considering American Pharoah for the first ever equine supreme court nomination.  Wait...  What?

Professor Participates
1.6.1  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  SteevieGee @1.6    5 years ago

Love it. Great play on attitudes.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.7  MrFrost  replied to  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley @1    5 years ago
So why did he lie?

Because Jesus told him to. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

No Pharaoh, even an American one, is going to be friendly with an Evangelistic Christian, so it was not an impossibility.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    5 years ago

Hegypted him with a nip of a watered down Denial.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    5 years ago

[delete]

obviously not stated to offend, as i grew up with family that celebrated every holiday, and what stands out in my memory, is the BRISKET, and Matzo ball soup .Or the Pasta with a meat sauce that i hold above N E i've ever tasted. 
A penna for your thoughts on celebratory foods ?

PS  Buzz, sorry i'm lazy, but what is time differential between EST and your lo cal ?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.2    5 years ago

About 12 hours ahead of EST.

Celebratory foods?  Birthday and Wedding cakes.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.2.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.2    5 years ago

all apologies, i just play with words, 

Thanx Buzz

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Pence misspoke. The horse didnt bite Pence, he spit on him.

Professor Participates
3.1  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  JohnRussell @3    5 years ago

LOL. So he's imitating a llama? Now those suckers can spit a long ways and boy, does it smell. Awful stuff.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    5 years ago
it would have been out of character for American Pharoah to bite someone

That doesn't make it impossible. Everybody thinks they know what their animal would do, but the best you can hope for is an educated guess. An animal will do what it wants and even a good-tempered one can bite.

said he would "know it" if the bite had transpired

That's arrogant and silly. If he wasn't there, he can't know.

Professor Participates
4.1  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  Tacos! @4    5 years ago

How do you know he wasn't there? Do you know who the men are in the photo and the photo who was holding the lead was (s/he isn't in the photo). There were no identifiers with the photo, which is the only one I found of his visit. If you know of other photos, I'll be glad to include them.

Professor Participates
4.1.1  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley @4.1    5 years ago
the photo who was holding the lead was

that came out so garbled I am stunned. I wrote: ...who the person was holding the lead.....

Not sure how it got so garbled.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley @4.1    5 years ago
How do you know he wasn't there?

Because his argument was not "I was there and watching the whole time and if the horse had bit anyone, I would have seen it." Instead, his argument is that it would have been "out of character" for the horse to bite to someone. If he had been there, he wouldn't need to make a character argument.

There were no identifiers with the photo

A photo is one moment in time. Obviously the VP's visit lasted longer than that.

Professor Participates
4.1.3  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.2    5 years ago

So you don't know that he wasn't there. Since it is his job to be there when the horse is handled, it is more likely than not that he was there. However, even if he wasn't, someone who was there would have told him if the horse bit someone. That's a serious situation that could involve a lawsuit and, in this case, a lot of bad publicity. So either way, he would have known if the horse bit someone.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5  devangelical    5 years ago

... a horseshoe imprint somewhere on that thumper stiff of a VP would've been much funnier

welcome to NT, LK. I'm thrilled to see you here. I look forward to a plethora of seeds and articles from you, accompanied by the spontaneous fits of verbal rage lacking any logic or reason from some of the respondents.

Professor Participates
5.1  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  devangelical @5    5 years ago

Thanks for the welcome. I've already noticed the articles that get responses are only those that mention the idiots in the WH.

I posted this because I'm a horsewoman who is offended that he would use the Triple Crown winner in a negative light in order to further his political nonsense. Knowing horse people, I'm sure I'm not the only person offended by his lie.

It was unnecessary and serves no purpose beyond his own ambitions. I have no doubt he have little thought to his lie, which is all the more alarming because it makes me wonder just how many lies spill out of his mouth to which he gives little thought.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley @5.1    5 years ago

th?id=OIP.sHRXVovX0vuWHjVZoRPsIgHaGw&pid=Api&P=0&w=170&h=156

And I was bitten by an Egyptian horse, wait it could have been a dinosaur.

Professor Participates
5.1.2  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  Kavika @5.1.1    5 years ago

Hey, hello. Glad you stopped by. Hope all is well with you.

Love the meme. It is just as likely to be a dinosaur as American Pharaoh, so we should give that serious consideration. /s

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley @5.1.2    5 years ago

Boozhoo Mashkawide'e,

All is well here. I hope all is well with you. 

You have to be careful of those dinosaurs, they bite....

Professor Participates
5.1.4  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  Kavika @5.1.3    5 years ago

Boozhoo niijii

Yes, all is well here except I'm thinking of selling the house to move further out, and I never realized how much stuff I've accumulated. Lots of tossing and sorting going on.

I should have listened to George Carlin more often. He warned me about stuff.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley @5.1.4    5 years ago
I should have listened to George Carlin more often. He warned me about stuff.

I love Carlin's take of ''stuff''....One of his best.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7  MrFrost    5 years ago

Not sure what to make of this other than Pence probably lied to get attention. I will say this, I have been bitten by a horse before, it doesn't tickle. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1  devangelical  replied to  MrFrost @7    5 years ago

dude, this goofy site says you don't exist so I can't send you a PN

charger 383
Professor Silent
8  charger 383    5 years ago

If the horse bit him, I hope the horse was checked by a Vet and got shots