╌>

Trump is prepared to go to war against U.S. intelligence agencies

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  10 comments

Trump is prepared to go to war against U.S. intelligence agencies
Desperate to demonstrate his own power and accomplishments, Trump will be even less careful with classified information in the runup to the 2020 election.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Trump has relentlessly attacked U.S. intelligence agencies.

The White House is trying to prevent the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence from viewing a whistleblower complaint detailing President Donald Trump’s repeated attempts to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky into investigating the son of former Vice President Joe Biden, a leading Democratic contender to challenge Trump for the presidency in 2020.

Given Trump’s  refusal to cooperate  with nearly a dozen other congressional investigations, this episode will most likely end in another stalemate. And polls suggest that the public is tuning out the Trump administration’s daily reality-TV dramas.

But regardless of whether the Ukraine scandal remains front-page news, it will haunt the U.S. intelligence community, which has been Trump’s  bête noire  since the day he took office.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Desperate to demonstrate his own power and accomplishments, Trump will be even less careful with classified information in the runup to the 2020 election.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Krishna @1    5 years ago

can he be ?

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Trump has relentlessly attacked U.S. intelligence agencies, cozied up to Russian President Vladimir Putin, and  divulged secrets to foreign officials , potentially burning high-value sources. This behavior had already raised serious concerns about whether Trump can be trusted to receive sensitive intelligence at all.

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
2.1  Transyferous Rex  replied to  Krishna @2    5 years ago

Oceania was at war with Eurasia: therefore Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

The man is a putz.  We deserve better.  Lock him up!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    5 years ago

he said from the beginning...….."Drain the Swamp" ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

How honest is our intelligence community anyway ?

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  It Is ME @4    5 years ago

How honest is our intelligence community anyway ?

How honest is our president anyway?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Krishna @4.1    5 years ago

Your comment tells me "You don't know either !

The "Intelligence Agency" has been around the halls of "Politics", a lot longer than Trump !

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.1    5 years ago
Your comment tells me "You don't know either !

Read it again-- more slowly and carefully this time.

(Because it wasn;t acrtually a comment-- rather it was a question I was asking you!!!)

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Krishna @4.1.2    5 years ago

Read my comment

E

V

E

N

------

S

L

O