╌>

Trump's 'Civil War' threat is 'beyond repugnant,' says GOP Rep. Kinzinger

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  13 comments

Trump's 'Civil War' threat is 'beyond repugnant,' says GOP Rep. Kinzinger
. . . including passing along a warning that removing him from office would lead to “a Civil War like fracture,” a threat that a Republican congressman called “beyond repugnant.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Trump and Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill. (Photos: Carolyn Kaster/AP, Jacquelyn Martin/AP)

President Trump sent out a barrage of tweets over the weekend defending his “perfect” phone call with the president of Ukraine and trying to shut down the House impeachment inquiry before it gets underway — including passing along a warning that removing him from office would lead to “a Civil War like fracture,” a threat that a Republican congressman called “beyond repugnant.”

“If the Democrats are successful in removing the President from office (which they will never be), it will cause a Civil War like fracture in this Nation from which our Country will never heal,”  Trump tweeted , adding his own parenthetical to a quote from Robert Jeffress, an evangelical pastor and ardent Trump supporter who appeared on “Fox & Friends Weekend.”

The invocation of a civil war was met with outrage from Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., an Air Force veteran who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

President Trump sent out a barrage of tweets over the weekend defending his “perfect” phone call with the president of Ukraine and trying to shut down the House impeachment inquiry before it gets underway — including passing along a warning that removing him from office would lead to “a Civil War like fracture,” a threat that a Republican congressman called “beyond repugnant.”

The invocation of a civil war was met with outrage from Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., an Air Force veteran who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Krishna @1    5 years ago

What's really repugnant is what the left is attempting to do....literally trying to overthrow the results of the last election and the will of the people. If by chance Trump is tossed out of office on false charges, there would be hell to pay for the people who perpetrated this seditious act. The left wing needs to worry about winning the next election. The chances of that happening are decreasing daily.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  cjcold  replied to    5 years ago

We hate Trump because we love our country.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @1    5 years ago

At least someone from his own party is wising up.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

“I have visited nations ravaged by civil war,”  Kinzinger tweeted , tagging Trump’s Twitter handle. “I have never imagined such a quote to be repeated by a President. This is beyond repugnant.”

One of the reasons his comments are so significant is that while the fact that Trump is mentally ill has been obvious for some time, until fairly recently most republicans have continued to support him-- no matter how bizarre his public utterances (and Tweet-storms) have been.

But recently his mental illness has begun to manifest in a much more extreme form-- and its only been the last few days that several Republicans have become more vocal in mentioning opposition to his more crazy utterances!!!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    5 years ago

It's not really language I think I would choose to use for myself, but politicians and pundits talk about being at war all the time. It seems pretty silly to get especially bent out of shape when Trump does the same thing.