Category:  News & Politics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  15 comments

Warren campaign fires senior staffer for 'inappropriate behavior'

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Warren campaign fires senior staffer for 'inappropriate behavior'

191004-warren-gty-773.jpg

Sen. Elizabeth Warren. | Ethan Miller/Getty Images

By   ALEX THOMPSON , POLITICO, 10/04/2019

Elizabeth Warren’s presidential campaign has fired its national organizing director, Rich McDaniel, after an investigation into allegations of what it called “inappropriate behavior.”

“Over the past two weeks, senior campaign leadership received multiple complaints regarding inappropriate behavior by Rich McDaniel,” campaign spokesperson Kristen Orthman said in a statement after an inquiry from POLITICO Friday morning. “Over the same time period, the campaign retained outside counsel to conduct an investigation. Based on the results of the investigation, the campaign determined that his reported conduct was inconsistent with its values and that he could not be a part of the campaign moving forward.”

A person familiar with the investigation said that there were no reports of sexual assault, but could not comment further due to confidentiality. The investigation was conducted by attorney Kate Kimpel and  her firm KK Advising , according to the person.

In a statement, McDaniel said, "I have separated from the campaign and am no longer serving as National Organizing Director. I have tremendous respect for my colleagues despite any disagreements we may have had and believe departing at this time is in the best interest of both parties.

"I would never intentionally engage in any behavior inconsistent with the campaign or my own values. If others feel that I have, I understand it is important to listen even when you disagree. I wish the campaign and my colleagues well."

As part of her investigation, Kimpel conducted interviews and did so without campaign senior staff present. Kimpel is also a co-founder of  Ramona Strategies , a female-owned firm that specializes in workplace safety and sexual harassment.

McDaniel was one of the first hires announced by the campaign and was paid at the level of other senior staffers. He worked as the primary states regional director for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign and the field and political director for Sen. Doug Jones 2017 upset victory in Alabama.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Geez!  What did he do?  Wear a MAGA hat to the office?  Call Ilhan Omar an anti-Semite?  Say it was a mistake to start impeachment proceedings against Trump?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago

He was caught watching Pocahontas on his phone.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2  Split Personality    5 years ago

Good seed, it matches word for word almost every other sound byte on the news and on the internet.

Sadly your first comment, dripping with innuendo, doesn't match the integrity of the seed.

Wait a few days for the leaks and we will all find out what happened.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @2    5 years ago

As long as it's kept a mystery, and in the case of Trump it's NEVER kept a mystery, ANYTHING GOES.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    5 years ago

Well it involves candidate Warren, not President Trump.

I assumed that since Trump isn't mentioned in the article at all, that he would normally be "off topic".

jrSmiley_72_smiley_image.gif

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @2    5 years ago

Why bother to wait for leaks. Made up shit repeated often enough is just as good as the "truth". The left and media uses that principle every day with Trump.

That being said:

I think he mistakenly called a transgender man working for the campaign a he (even if he still looked very much a he). Which goes against all leftist standards.  Unable to find a transgender lead law firm they went with the next best thing.

[deleted]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2    5 years ago
So the campaign sacrificed a white, or what passes as white, male.

Ronin, Ronin, Ronin.....smh

This white male?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.1    5 years ago

Oh, now I see.  Maybe he called someone a "honky".

By the way, as I've said before I'm acronym-deprived.  What does smh mean?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.2    5 years ago
Oh, now I see.  Maybe he called someone a "honky".

Buzz, please stop the nonsense guessing.  I am embarrassed for you.

What does smh mean?

• Urban Dictionary: shaking my head

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term= shaking ...

Shaking my head : something you do when a person or thing is so utterly ridiculous that you just nod in disbelief

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.4  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.3    5 years ago

Thanks a lot. You can't have any fun around here, can you.  By the way, you're lucky to be a moderator, because you were able to change a comment that may have earned a penalty to a more innocuous one.  Don't think I didn't notice.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2.5  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.1    5 years ago

Sorry, sacrificed a male then.

Made up shit doesn't need to be after all; just ask the media. Since they can't offend the African American community- he will now be referred to as non white. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.6  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.4    5 years ago
Thanks a lot. You can't have any fun around here, can you.

I have fun several times a month by posting non political nonsense.  I believe it elevates everyone's mental health.

By the way, you're lucky to be a moderator,

Agreed.

because you were able to change a comment

Counselor, it should be common knowledge that comments are editable for up to 10 minutes.

Don't think I didn't notice.

jrSmiley_72_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.7  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.6    5 years ago

"Don't take life too serious, son.  It ain't nohow permanent." (The great American philosopher, Churchy La Femme, Pogo's friend)

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.8  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2.7    5 years ago

Don't ever call me "son", cleverly in a quote or in any way shape or form, Buzz.  Trust me your not old enough.

My father who suffered from untreated PTSD from WWII, USAA, (medic, quarter master & post war MP in Germany )

died quietly in my arms not knowing who his family was,

due to what we currently call Alzheimers disease.

So think the worst thing you can say about me

and imagine me saying it to you.

Respectfully of course.

/s

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.9  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.8    5 years ago

I'm not Walt Kelly, the creator of Pogo, so I can't rewrite his words.  The word "son" was not at all important to the quotation because I'm NOT your father, what was important is that your comment was too serious and I felt you should lighten up.  I am sorry for what your father went through - mine died at the age of 69 - he was an avid golfer and had just purchased a golf condo in Florida that he never even got to see, because my mother picked it out. He had just sold his business but it required him to stick around to train and introduce the purchasers to customers but because he died the price we obtained was only 50% of what he sold it for.  We all have our tribulations, S.P.

Don't bother writing "respectfully" when you address me, if you intend to follow it with an "/s".

By the way, I'm sure I'm considerably older than you, maybe even a generational difference.  I was being called "grandpa" about 20 years ago.