╌>

Rep. Ilhan Omar files for divorce

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  it-is-me  •  5 years ago  •  13 comments

Rep. Ilhan Omar files for divorce
"irretrievable breakdown"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A case file dated Oct. 4 shows that the 37-year-old Omar filed for a dissolution of her marriage to Ahmed Abdisalan Hirsi, citing an "irretrievable breakdown" of the relationship. The documents state that Omar and Hirsi were married on Jan. 5, 2018, and are parents to three children ages 16, 13 and 7.

A recent divorce filing by the wife of a political consultant who works with Omar accuses the congresswoman of having an affair with her husband. Beth Mynette, wife of Tim Mynett, says her husband confessed his "devastating and shocking declaration of love" for Omar this past April. Both Tim Mynette and Omar have denied the accusation. 

A complaint filed with the FEC says Omar's campaign committee, Ilhan for Congress, reported payments totaling nearly $223,000 to Tim Mynett's consulting firm between August of 2018 and June of 2019. The documents state that another $7,000 was dispersed to Tim Mynette himself. In court documents Mynette's wife alleges that his travel expenses were less about business and more about the affair she says he was having with Omar. "Defendant's more recent travel and long work hours now appear to be more related to his affair with Rep. Omar than his actual work commitments," the documents read.

The complaint, filed by the National Legal and Policy Center, maintains that Omar violated the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 by failing to itemize certain expenses, and by claiming campaign related travel expenses were actually personal.
At this point there is no word on whether the FEC will respond to the complaint and launch an investigation into the allegations.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

Rep. Ilhan Omar has three things going for her.

1. She's a Women

2. She's a Democrat

AND

3. She's a Muslim.

An "Investigation" probably WON'T happen. jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1  SteevieGee  replied to  It Is ME @1    5 years ago

Yeah.  She's lucky she didn't have to claw her way to success in spite of racism, sexism and people acknowledging that other religions exist like we did.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1    5 years ago
She's lucky she didn't have to claw her way to success in spite of racism, sexism and people acknowledging that other religions exist like we did.

So true !

She just used ……. Sex. jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    5 years ago
A recent divorce filing by the wife of a political consultant who works with Omar accuses the congresswoman of having an affair with her husband. Beth Mynette, wife of Tim Mynett, says her husband confessed his "devastating and shocking declaration of love" for Omar this past April. Both Tim Mynette and Omar have denied the accusation. 

Nice to see Newstalkers has a gossip columnist to keep us up on all the latest matrimony betrayal news and other behind the scenes tidbits from the District of Columbia. 

How is Barron von Trump doing locked in his fortress of solitude? 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.3  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago
Nice to see Newstalkers has a gossip columnist to keep us up on all the latest

Now that's funny ! 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.4  Sunshine  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago
gossip columnist

Thank goodness you are above any "gossip" about Republicans. jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif