╌>

Dog named Molly shoots an Oklahoma woman who was in the car

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  freefaller  •  5 years ago  •  13 comments

Dog named Molly shoots an Oklahoma woman who was in the car

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

An Oklahoma woman was accidentally shot in the leg by a puppy after the dog became frightened by a passing train and stepped on a gun in the car.

Brent Parks, 79, told police that he was in his car Oct. 3, with Tina Springer in the front passenger seat and Molly, his yellow labrador, in the back seat. Parks said a loaded .22 caliber handgun was in the center console of the car, according to NBC affiliate KFOR in Oklahoma City.

When they stopped at a railroad crossing to let a train pass, the 7-month-old dog became spooked and jumped from the back seat onto the console accidentally causing the gun to discharge. The bullet hit Springer in her left thigh above the knee.

In a 911 call obtained by the outlet, Parks tells the operator that Springer is "bleeding pretty bad" and they need help. To stop the bleeding, the dispatcher tells Parks to take his belt off and tie it around Springer's leg above the wound.

Springer, 44, screamed for help several times and said she did not feel well.

Springer was taken to the hospital and underwent surgery. She's expected to be fine, according to KFOR, and Molly is back home with Parks.

Police told the outlet they found three shell casings in the vehicle, and they are not clear if they all came from that incident.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
1  seeder  Freefaller    5 years ago

Stupid accident or evidence of an upcoming doggie insurrection?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1  Ender  replied to  Freefaller @1    5 years ago

Once they learn to aim, we are done for.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Freefaller @1    5 years ago

good dog! bad goober.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     5 years ago

I guess the center consol was an open one and not one with at top....Three shell casings, damn labs are on the fast draw circuit.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @2    5 years ago

she's lucky it wasn't a pointer

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
2.2  seeder  Freefaller  replied to  Kavika @2    5 years ago
damn labs are on the fast draw circuit.

Lol

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

I remember a case where a hunter got shot by his dog.  He had laid his shotgun in the bed of his truck and the dog jumped in, landing on the gun.  It discharged and hit the guy in the ass.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.1  seeder  Freefaller  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    5 years ago

Lol I remember that one, funny stuff.  The not so funny one I remember is a hunters dog that got spooked by a rattler and somehow managed to pull the trigger and killed the hunter.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Freefaller @3.1    5 years ago

Until hunters learn to make their firearms safe when not in their possession, incidents like this will happen.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  seeder  Freefaller  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1.1    5 years ago

Can't argue that with you.  Probably should add puppy owning truck drivers as well.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Don't guns have safeties?  Chalk it up to ignorance of the owner to have not engaged it.

Now will the dog be charged with and convicted of criminal negligence and imprisoned in the pound for 6 months?  I guess there's no purpose for the hungry lawyers to try to defend the dog since it has no money.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
4.1  seeder  Freefaller  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    5 years ago

Lol Buzz no jury in the world would convict a puppy, one look into those soulful eyes and case closed.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Freefaller @4.1    5 years ago

Don't be so definite about "the world", Freefaller.  There are countries where they might eat him.  Not too far from where I am there is a city called Nanning, and when I wandering about there I came to a street called "Canine Street".  It was lined with restaurants.