╌>

Justice Department hasn’t interviewed key Russia probe witnesses

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  ender  •  5 years ago  •  64 comments

Justice Department hasn’t interviewed key Russia probe witnesses
The DOJ’s investigation into the origins of the Russia probe seems to be focusing on the intelligence community’s links with foreign sources.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

For months, President Donald Trump’s allies have been raising expectations for prosecutor John Durham’s investigation into the origins of the Russia probe, predicting that he will uncover a deep state plot to   stage a “coup”   against the president.

Durham “is looking at putting people in jail,” Republican Senator Lindsey Graham told Fox News host Sean Hannity in July. Republican Rep. Jim Jordan   said Durham is about to unleash   “a pile of evidence” that will “debunk” everything House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff has proclaimed for “the last two years.”

“Stuff is going to hit the fan” when Durham is done “investigating the investigators,”   said Fox News personality   Geraldo Rivera. “If indictments are warranted, U.S. Attorney John Durham will be bringing them,”   wrote conservative commentator   Hugh Hewitt.

But in the five months since Attorney General Bill Barr tapped Durham to investigate the origins of the Russia probe, and whether any inappropriate “spying” occurred on members of the Trump campaign, he has not requested interviews with any of the FBI or DOJ employees who were directly involved in, or knew about, the opening of the Russia investigation in 2016, according to people familiar with the matter.

The omission raises questions about what, exactly, Durham—alongside Attorney General Bill Barr—has been investigating.

Those not contacted include former FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok; former FBI general counsel Jim Baker; former chief of the National Security Division’s Counterintelligence and Export Control Section David Laufman; and former head of DOJ’s National Security Division Mary McCord. Former CIA Director John Brennan, Trump-Russia dossier author Christopher Steele, and former Trump adviser Carter Page—who was the subject of a surveillance warrant that is now under investigation by the inspector general—haven’t been contacted for interviews, either.

Combined with reports that Barr   has traveled with Durham internationally   seeking evidence from the U.S.’s closest intelligence allies, Durham’s apparent lack of interest in the FBI at this point suggests that he and Barr are focusing on examining the intelligence community’s role in the Russia probe—and, in accordance with Trump’s desires, looking at whether the help provided by U.S. allies in the Russia probe, including the U.K., Italy, Australia and Ukraine, may itself have constituted foreign interference.

Former attorney general Michael Mukasey, whose son Marc represents the Trump Organization and is a longtime confidant of Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani, recently speculated in a recent Wall Street Journal op-ed  that Durham may be trying to determine whether “Federal Bureau of Investigation tried to get evidence from Ukrainian government officials against Mr. Trump’s campaign manager, Paul Manafort, to pressure him into cooperating against Mr. Trump.” Mukasey also noted that, according to a recent Justice Department statement, “certain Ukrainians who are not members of the government have volunteered information to Mr. Durham, which he is evaluating.”

The new revelations about Barr and Durham’s work and travels also present the clearest contrast yet to the Justice Department’s internal investigation into the Russia probe origins, led by the DOJ’s inspector general and focused on the FBI’s conduct. That probe remains ongoing.

“The question Durham and Barr now seem to be asking is, ‘How was this information fed to the bureau in 2016?” said one former FBI official. “That’s distinct from what the IG has been looking at, and seems to indicate that their theory now is the FBI itself was duped by the intelligence community and its overseas partners.”

A tweet sent out by Republican Sen. John Cornyn on Friday suggested that the inquiry is also broader than has been reported. “Now, the Trump Justice Department is investigating foreign government influence, VP Biden conflicts of interest, and possible corruption,” he wrote, referring to Vice President Joe Biden. But a Cornyn aide said the senator meant to say "that the Durham investigation could end up also looking at the Bidens," not that it already was. The Justice Department declined to comment.

In his phone call with Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky on July 25—which Trump’s national security team delayed for months because they were wary of how Trump’s fixation with conspiracy theories surrounding the origins of the Russia investigation would be reflected in the call, according to former officials—Trump asked Zelensky to do him a “favor” by looking into Ukraine’s role in the 2016 election, and suggested he connect with Barr “to get to the bottom of it.”

Trump also asked the newly elected leader to investigate Biden and his son, who sat on the board of directors of an oil and gas company that at one point was investigated by Ukraine’s top prosecutor. Ukrainian officials on Friday announced a fresh review of why that probe was shut down.

The Justice Department has denied that Barr received any instructions from Trump to work with the Ukrainians on a Biden investigation. But Barr’s   reported personal involvement   in Durham’s probe suggests the attorney general has been more closely overseeing an inquiry of deep importance to the president than was previously believed.

Durham, for his part, appears to have trained his focus on the intelligence community,   reportedly seeking interviews   with the CIA analysts who drew conclusions about Putin’s motivations in 2016. Trump’s allies have been fixated on the question of how the intelligence community determined that Russia intervened specifically to help Trump win rather than to just sow chaos and distrust in the Democratic process. Some accounts have suggested that the intelligence community had a human asset in Putin’s inner circle, though others have indicated that the U.S. used signals intelligence to intercept conversations among Russian officials.

As   POLITICO first reported , that question has already been asked and answered at the CIA’s highest levels — by Mike Pompeo, a Trump loyalist. Just after Pompeo took over as CIA director in 2017, he conducted a personal review of the CIA’s findings, grilling analysts on their conclusions in a challenging and at times combative interview, people familiar with the matter said. He ultimately found no evidence of any wrongdoing, or that the analysts had been under political pressure to produce their findings.

George Papadopoulos, another Trump campaign adviser who has repeatedly declared that the entire FBI investigation was a setup by Western intelligence services including the British, Australians, Italians and CIA, twice declined to comment when asked whether he’d been interviewed by the prosecutor.

Papadopoulos pleaded guilty in 2017 to lying to the FBI about his own contacts with a Russian-linked professor named Joseph Mifsud, who told Papadopoulos in the spring of 2016 that the Russians had “dirt” on Hillary Clinton in the form of thousands of her emails.

That disclosure, which was relayed to the FBI by an Australian diplomat who heard about it from Papadopoulos, is what the FBI has said spurred its initial counterintelligence investigation into Trump campaign associates with links to Russia. But Papadopoulos has claimed, without evidence, that Mifsud was actually a plant, sent by Western intelligence officials to entrap him and give the FBI an excuse to open an investigation.

Mifsud’s whereabouts remain unknown. But Barr reportedly asked Trump to solicit the Australians’ help in the investigation. And he and Durham recently traveled to Italy to investigate the events that led up to Mueller’s probe—and, as part of that, to   reportedly hear a taped deposition   Mifsud gave on the subject months ago.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Ender
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Ender    5 years ago

So we have our own AG running around the world only trying to dig up dirt to discredit any findings against trump....

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @1    5 years ago
So we have our own AG running around the world only trying to dig up dirt to discredit any findings against trump....

Discredit.... Truth …..Dirt …… Truth ..... jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Why not throw in a few Truths with the Dirt anyway ! jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

It's a "Party" in "Political World" jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif ..... Just Go for the gusto ! jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @1.1    5 years ago

So you actually think that this supposed investigation that has not even interviewed the people involved, is trying to get truth?

You actually think the DOJ and another lawyer along with trump's blessing, ignoring key aspects of the supposed investigation and trying to discredit our intelligence agencies in the Russian probe is looking for truth?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @1.1.1    5 years ago
So you actually think that this supposed investigation that has not even interviewed the people involved

Do you have a "Leaker" to back up that statement ? 

After all…."Leakers" are the most trusted reporters. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.2    5 years ago

Did you read the article? The key players said they have not even been asked to testify or give any information.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.4  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @1.1.3    5 years ago

At least give 'em 2 years to get things together. Sheeeeesh !

The 3rd year is supposed to be the "Charm" !

Now....I know you probably know this....but anyone that "Wants' to be questioned, isn't someone you'd actually want to question.

You'd go to the "Real" source....wouldn't you ?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.4    5 years ago

Who said they wanted to be questioned? They were asked and said no.

And what is this real source?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.6  MrFrost  replied to  Ender @1.1.3    5 years ago
Did you read the article?

Trolls never do. 

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.8  seeder  Ender  replied to  gooseisgone @1.1.7    5 years ago

Saying it netted nothing is closing ones eyes.

So skip the key players and ask other governments to discredit our own intelligence agencies....

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.9  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.6    5 years ago
Trolls never do.

Just another Coward response !

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.10  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @1.1.5    5 years ago
And what is this real source?

It's a "Secret" !

Gotta keep the opposition "Blowers" confidential now.

The Sign of the times.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  bbl-1  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.9    5 years ago

Except an honest one.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.12  It Is ME  replied to  bbl-1 @1.1.11    5 years ago
Except an honest one.

You chose ?

or

Have you already Chosen ?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.13  seeder  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.10    5 years ago

It's a crocked con job.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.14  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @1.1.13    5 years ago
It's a crocked con job.

So you've been told ?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.15  seeder  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.14    5 years ago

I ask everyone this and never get an answer. With this DOJ, with all that is going on, would you just shrug it all off if the name at the top was Obama?

Now two of Giuliani's buds are arrested. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.16  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @1.1.15    5 years ago
I ask everyone this and never get an answer. With this DOJ, with all that is going on, would you just shrug it all off if the name at the top was Obama?

Good question. 

Too bad Obama and wife is schmoozing in Martha's Vineyard in their new "High Dollar Classy Home" now. jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.17  Ronin2  replied to  Ender @1.1.3    5 years ago

So tell me, do you question the key players before you investigate? Or do you investigate first to get dirt on them; then bring them in for questioning so they can entrap themselves when they lie?

That seems to be a favorite tactic these days; so why shouldn't they use it against those that abused it?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.18  seeder  Ender  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.17    5 years ago

If Mueller was flying around the world during his investigations trying to have other countries dig up dirt, you would have been ok with that?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.19  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @1.1.18    5 years ago
If Mueller was flying around the world during his investigations trying to have other countries dig up dirt, you would have been ok with that?

Seems Mueller may have done it the lazy way (nothing came of it though):

Here’s how Mueller uses his power to gather evidence in the Russia probe

"Mueller can gather evidence is through a wire tap. In special cases, especially those involving potential national security risks, Mueller can obtain search warrants through the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, or FISA, a law that allows physical and electronic surveillance of foreign agents or powers."

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.20  Sunshine  replied to  Ender @1.1.18    5 years ago

They did fly around the world, but was not transparent about it of course.  Mueller sent his lackeys.

Why is it when Democrats ask questions it is called "investigating", but if a Republican does it is called "digging up dirt"?

Are you ok with that?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.22  Sunshine  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.21    5 years ago

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.23  seeder  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.19    5 years ago

Lazy? Seems like he followed the law. Not exactly nothing came of it. Several things came from it.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.24  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @1.1.23    5 years ago
Several things came from it.

Ukraine....Ukraine....and Ukraine ?

That's the New and Improved report? now anyway.

But Muller didn't report anything on that though.

"Seems like he followed the law."

Bob and John just prefer to fly and go face to face. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.25  seeder  Ender  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.20    5 years ago

If this is an 'investigation', what are the parameters, what exactly are they looking for, why all the secrecy....

I can't believe you all are ok with this. Wanting the AG to fly to other countries, shrouded in silence, looking for what? A way to discredit our own intelligence people or wanting other countries to 'look into' things.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.26  seeder  Ender  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.21    5 years ago

So you will stick up for trump to the point of belittling Mueller, a republican, and others.

That is the trump way. Call any investigation a sham and the ones doing the investigating crooked.

Seems like the former Ukraine ambassador had a few things to say.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.27  seeder  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.24    5 years ago

So two people arrested after trying to flee the country...

Yep, nothing to see there...

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.28  Sunshine  replied to  Ender @1.1.25    5 years ago
If this is an 'investigation', what are the parameters, what exactly are they looking for, why all the secrecy....

[ deleted ]

Did you look at the link?  

WASHINGTON (UrduPoint News / Sputnik - 25th July, 2019) Former US Special Counsel Robert Mueller during testimony to Congress on Wednesday revealed that his staff traveled abroad as part of the Russia investigation, but he refused to say where and with whom they met.
When asked whether any member of the Special Counsel's office staff traveled overseas as part of the investigation, Mueller said, "Yes, but I cant go further than that."

Who is hiding something?

A way to discredit our own intelligence people or wanting other countries to 'look into' things.

What do you think Mueller's lackeys where doing abroad, sight seeing?

Why good for Mueller but not Barr?  

So you think double standards are acceptable? jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.29  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @1.1.27    5 years ago
So two people arrested after trying to flee the country... Yep, nothing to see there...

Who did those people …. belong to again ?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.30  seeder  Ender  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.28    5 years ago

You do know Barr's history. He was involved in the Iran-Contra affairs. He also talked Bush 1 into giving those involved pardons. He thinks the office itself is above the law.

So no double standard. I would never trust him through his past actions alone.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.31  seeder  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.29    5 years ago

Giuliani?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.32  Sunshine  replied to  Ender @1.1.30    5 years ago
He thinks the office itself is above the law.

You have no proof of that...just conjecture.  

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.33  seeder  Ender  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.32    5 years ago
Critics of Barr have raised an alarm about a   memo   that Barr submitted to the department last year, ostensibly unsolicited, arguing that Mueller’s investigation of Trump for alleged obstruction of justice was “fatally misconceived”.

“The new Barr memo makes it clear that his view is outside the mainstream even of conservative, basic unitary executive theory,” said   Neil Kinkopf , a Georgia State law professor who worked in the Office of Legal Counsel during the Clinton administration. “It goes beyond that, to the point where it comes very close to putting the president above the law.”

Senator Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut, a Democrat on the judiciary committee, which will question Barr and vote on his nomination,   said : “The memorandum is deeply worrisome because in effect he says the president is above the law.

“That’s incorrect as a matter of law, but certainly for an attorney general to have that position is deeply wrong.”

Other critics have raised concerns that Barr, who as attorney general in the early 1990s recommended that Bush pardon six Reagan officials caught up in the Iran-Contra affair, was nominated to defend the White House, not just to run the justice department.

Link

It should be clear from Wednesday’s hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee that William Barr, the attorney general of the United States, is something else entirely. Barr is no flunky. He is a hardened ideologue who believes that the  president he serves is largely above the law . Barr seems genuinely committed to defending the imperial prerogatives of the office against shortsighted liberals who would weaken the presidency in a delusional quest to remove a Republican from office. As he put it in his 2017 memo attacking the special counsel’s investigation, “crediting” the belief that the president could have committed obstruction by his official acts “would have grave consequences far beyond the immediate confines of this case and would do lasting damage to the Presidency and to the administration of law within the Executive branch.”

Barr is not protecting Trump because he thinks Trump is the most accomplished president in modern history, because he fears Trump, because the real-estate mogul has some psychological hold on him, or because he has been corrupted. Barr is defending Trump because Barr is a zealot.

In March, Barr   released a letter summarizing   the long-awaited conclusions of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s inquiry into Russian interference in the 2016 election. That   letter mischaracterized   Mueller’s conclusion that the Trump campaign took advantage of, and benefited from, Russian interference,   only quoting the part of Mueller’s report   that found that Trump-campaign officials’ conduct did not amount to a prosecutable crime.

Barr also misleadingly framed Mueller’s discussion of obstruction of justice in order to reach a conclusion that Trump did not obstruct—even though Mueller all but suggested that Trump would have been indicted if the Department of Justice did not have a policy against prosecuting a sitting president. Tuesday evening, the news broke that Mueller   had written a letter expressing   frustration with Barr’s effort to mislead the public about the conclusions of his investigation, after watching days of credulous press coverage suggesting that the president had been exonerated.

On Wednesday, before the Senate, Barr elaborated on his decision making. Barr not only defended his decision to clear the president of obstruction despite the fact that the public watched the president fire the FBI director   over the Russia investigation , dangle   pardons before suspects , and   intimidate witnesses , but insisted that the president could not have obstructed justice simply by shutting down the investigation, because “the president does not have to sit there constitutionally and allow it to run its course. The president could terminate the proceeding and it would not be a corrupt intent because he was being falsely accused.”

The logic here is breathtaking: The president can end an investigation on the basis that he is “falsely accused.” The entire point of an investigation is to determine culpability; if the president can end an investigation into himself or any of his allies simply by asserting his own innocence, then he is effectively above the law. Under this standard, President Richard Nixon was perfectly within his rights when he attempted to end the investigation into the break-in of Democratic headquarters at the Watergate, which implicated several of his campaign operatives and ultimately led to his resignation.

Link

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.34  Sunshine  replied to  Ender @1.1.33    5 years ago

Again, conjecture and spin.

Nothing wrong with Barr investigating wherever it may take him.  That is his job.  Just like it was Mueller's job.  Mueller's past actions are also questionable, yet no one cares about that now do they?

I guess the no fly list only applies to Republicans.  Shocker!

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.35  seeder  Ender  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.34    5 years ago

So Barr's own words are conjecture...

Now he had a meeting with the head of fox news. Wonder what that was about....

He has a meeting the same time it is announce Shep Smith will no longer be there.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.36  1stwarrior  replied to  Ender @1.1.35    5 years ago

He has a meeting the same time it is announce Shep Smith will no longer be there.

And that's how the BS rumors get started.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.37  Sunshine  replied to  Ender @1.1.35    5 years ago

You do realize your link is an opinion piece, not Barr's words? jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.38  seeder  Ender  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.37    5 years ago

They were using Barr's words from a memo he wrote.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.39  Sunshine  replied to  Ender @1.1.38    5 years ago
They were using Barr's words from a memo he wrote.

To spin and form the desired opinion for folks like you.  You do realize it is an opinion piece?

Again, conjecture.  

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.40  seeder  Ender  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.39    5 years ago
“the president does not have to sit there constitutionally and allow it to run its course. The president could terminate the proceeding and it would not be a corrupt intent because he was being falsely accused.”

No matter how much you don't want it to be, it is his own words...

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.41  Sunshine  replied to  Ender @1.1.40    5 years ago

So why does this quote make Barr distrustful?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.42  seeder  Ender  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.41    5 years ago

What made me distrust him was all his dealings at the end of Reagan's term and the beginning of Bush1.

Also, he basically said the president could declare any investigation to be false and put a stop to it.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.43  Sunshine  replied to  Ender @1.1.42    5 years ago
Also, he basically said the president could declare any investigation to be false and put a stop to it.

Well you are entitled to your opinion but not your own facts.  That quote was taken out of context in his hearing.  Like I said, spin and conjecture not factual.  You should read the entire testimony.  But, I have feeling it still won't matter to you. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.1.44  bbl-1  replied to  Ender @1.1.31    5 years ago

And soon to be a Giuliani Who? 

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.45  seeder  Ender  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.43    5 years ago

You do realize that it is the exact argument trump lawyers are using in court...

The they think the president is immune from legal action, cannot be prosecuted....

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.46  Sunshine  replied to  Ender @1.1.45    5 years ago
You do realize that it is the exact argument trump lawyers are using in court...

What argument?  There was no crime argument?  

Geez...who would of thought a crime was needed to be prosecuted.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.47  seeder  Ender  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.46    5 years ago

There are cases going through the court system. One of them involves congress and his tax returns.

There are several suits going through the courts.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.2  Tacos!  replied to  Ender @1    5 years ago
trying to dig up dirt

Why is it always a righteous search for the truth when Trump is being investigated, but if Democrats or anyone opposed to Trump is being investigated, it's "digging up dirt?"

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  Tacos! @1.2    5 years ago
it's "digging up dirt?"

Earthworms are generally blind and deaf.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.2  seeder  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @1.2    5 years ago

Maybe because trump more or less admitted it.

Sometimes I have to admit I am at a loss. The right spent at least half a decade investigating a Clinton.

Now get all bent out of shape when there is something worth investigating.

Willing to throw themselves on the tracks. For trump of all people....

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  Ronin2  replied to  Ender @1.2.2    5 years ago

Because the Clintons never did anything wrong. jrSmiley_85_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.4  seeder  Ender  replied to  Ronin2 @1.2.3    5 years ago

Funny though, after years and years of investigations...no charges.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.5  Split Personality  replied to  Ender @1.2.4    5 years ago

Funny thing though, after three more years of investigations, no indictments of Obama, Clinton, et. al..

Uranium One, Benghazi, Filegate, emails, "looting the White House", Monica, Whitewater, Travelgate, et al

too many to list.  And yet the country, the government, the Congress functioned.

Lots, of scandals, one conviction for lying.........Bill acquitted on two counts of impeachment.

Big Yawn.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Targets go last

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Ender  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    5 years ago

Seems clear to me, there is only one target...to protect trump.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Ender @2.1    5 years ago

Seems to me that those being investigated have nothing to fear, if they did nothing wrong.

That is the message the left always sends; unless it is one of their own being investigated. Then it is a vast right wing conspiracy. D's are always innocent.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Ender  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.1    5 years ago

Seems to me, they are wondering why this so called investigation is not even centered around them.

So much for looking for FISA abuse.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3  MrFrost    5 years ago

Jim Jordan is a pathetic walking talking point. He was on CNN and he all but ran around the studio with his hair on fire screaming, "BENGHAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

He's an idiot. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1  bbl-1  replied to  MrFrost @3    5 years ago

Jordan also has dirty Russian money that 'filtered' into his campaign coffers through the NRA.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    5 years ago

This supposed investigation is of course to clear Trump, but far more importantly, it is to clear Putin.  No Russian malfeasance--therefore no Russian sanctions.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ronin2  replied to  bbl-1 @4    5 years ago

Right... Keep dreaming. 

This investigation is about the illegal spying on an opposition campaign using the US government agencies.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1    5 years ago

Wrong.  That was and is not the purpose of the Giuliana investigations in Ukraine.

The congressional investigations are investigating the Giuliana/Trump/Barr/Pompeo actions in Ukraine.