╌>

Family 'Ambushed' By Trump Suggestion To Meet With Woman Who Caused Fatal Crash

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sandy-2021492  •  5 years ago  •  24 comments

Family 'Ambushed' By Trump Suggestion To Meet With Woman Who Caused Fatal Crash

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

In a bizarre moment Tuesday that seemed straight out of reality television, President Trump dropped a bombshell on a grieving British family — surprising them with the news that the woman who had killed their son in a car crash was in a nearby room and then urging the family to meet with her.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1  seeder  sandy-2021492    5 years ago
Dunn said Trump asked two or three times whether the family would meet with Sacoolas, even though they said they didn't feel it was right. "It was a bit of pressure, but we stuck to our guns," Dunn said.
The White House had photographers were standing by, the family said, apparently ready to capture the scene.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1    5 years ago

Turning this tragedy into a photo op?  Can he sink any lower?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1    5 years ago

Don't ask.  He may take it as a challenge.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.1    5 years ago

Say he did manage to get them to meet, it would take all on 10 secs for him to make it all about himself.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1    5 years ago

the orange menace can't help but do an end run on the justice system and work out a financial settlement.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.1  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  devangelical @1.2    5 years ago

You know, despicable as that would be, it still doesn't bother me as much as trying to maneuver the family into an unwanted surprise meeting for the cameras.  I don't even know if there's a word to describe how low that is.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.2  devangelical  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.1    5 years ago

a negotiation technique for the depraved

lib50
Professor Silent
2  lib50    5 years ago

He is such a moron I have no words.  Did you get a look at the letter he wrote Erdogan?  Sounds like it was written by a 12 yr old boy.  Most embarrassing thing I've seen.  How any adult with half a brain can defend his total incompetence and idiocy is beyond me.  The USA has hit the bottom.  I hope.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lib50 @2    5 years ago

I don't know if Turkey has eminent domain laws or not, but I would love to see them seize Trump Towers cutting off any and all profit that goes into his pockets.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  Krishna    5 years ago

Trump is the lowest form of sleaze...

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4  1stwarrior    5 years ago

And this is such a bullshyte thread/story.  This couple has been moaning and groaning and gnashing their teeth TO MEET WITH THIS WOMAN.  The "government" has been trying to shield her under some stupid azz cover of "diplomatic immunity".  SHE ain't no diplomat - her husband is - she has no immunity because she IS NOT A FED EMPLOYEE - her husband is.

So, Trump, in his usual business manner ('member, he was a businessman for 60 years before being legally elected as President of the U.S.), secretly, without fanfare, without all the friggin' leakers knowing, set up the meeting with the three people - the meeting that the two have been bitching, moaning, groaning and gnashing their teeth over for the past six weeks on every news channel that would listen.

I have no respect for them.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  1stwarrior @4    5 years ago

he was a businessman for 60 years before being legally elected as President of the U.S.

Yeah a businessman that has had numerous failures of his businesses (40% of 61).  By the way, he was 13 60 years ago.  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1    5 years ago

BTW, Trump began his career in 1968 at his father Fred's real estate development company, E. Trump & Son, which owned middle-class rental housing in New York City's outer boroughs. In 1971, Trump was promoted to president of the company, and renamed it The Trump Organization.

I apologize - 51 years ago.  Still a helluva long time of NOT being in politics before being legally elected as President of the U.S, so he still operates with a business acumen vice a political acumen/bias.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  1stwarrior @4.1.1    5 years ago

Maybe he had a lemon aid stand as a kid.  That is kind of a business.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.2  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  1stwarrior @4    5 years ago

No respect for grieving parents, but Trump is deserving of defense for his thoughtlessness and attention-seeking?

He deserves no defense for trying to turn this into a circus.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    5 years ago

There's more behind this story. There has to be. A thing like this - a meeting at the White House - doesn't happen on the spur of the moment. There had to be some reason people (more than just Trump) thought this meeting was welcome by the parties involved.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 years ago
There had to be some reason people (more than just Trump) thought this meeting was welcome by the parties involved.

Maybe he surrounds himself with classless sycophants.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5.1    5 years ago

BAZINGA!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5.1    5 years ago
Maybe he surrounds himself with classless sycophants.

Clearly not. Turnover at the White House is more robust than a shopping mall right after Christmas and we constantly hear about arguments from the media, don't we?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.1.3  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.2    5 years ago

The replacements are full of class and don't kowtow to him, I suppose?  The ones who get fired or leave kiss his ass until either they can't stand it anymore, or he decides they aren't quite doting enough.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5.1.3    5 years ago

You're missing the point. If he was so focused on surrounding himself with sycophants, as you say, how could he possibly have so many disagreements?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.1.5  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.4    5 years ago

There are degrees of sycophancy.  I guess some people are better at it than others.  Trump wants those on the extreme boot-licking end of the spectrum.  He has to weed out those like the Mooch and John Kelly, who were only willing to lick his boots if they were a little bit dirty.  If anyone told him this was a good idea, those are on the extreme end, willing to lick a sewer full of shit off of one boot, and a barnyard full of shit off of the other.

This was a terrible, disgusting thing to try.  There is no defense for it.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5.1.5    5 years ago

I agree that it was a dumb idea, but beyond that, everything you have to say about it is a partisan fantasy. You have no idea who came up with this idea and how it developed. None. Zero. You want to put it on Trump, but he may well have been told by others that the parties wanted this meeting.

You really think the president put time into contacting these people personally, setting the agenda details for the meeting, and so on? What do you think "staff" does all day and night while the Donald is on Twitter?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.1.7  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.6    5 years ago
What do you think "staff" does all day and night while the Donald is on Twitter?

Carry out his asinine orders.

The buck stops with Trump.