╌>

The scary waste of Halloween pumpkins

Category:  Now Trending

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  18 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2019-10-25

Halloween is a time for costumes and scares.

But here's a ghoulish fact: 8 million pumpkins are thrown in the trash after Halloween in the UK. That's 18 thousand tons of edible food gone to waste.

When people make Jack-O-Lanterns out of pumpkins, they throw away the nutritious flesh inside.

BUZZ NOTE:   The major part of this seed is a video that I am unable to post, so please click the "SEEDED CONTENT" link at the top of the page.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Don't forget to click the "SEEDED CONTENT" link at the top of the page to watch the video.

I have to admit that when I carved the pumpkins for Hallowe'en back in Toronto that I threw the insides, and after Hallowe'en the pumpkins in the garbage.  I never particularly liked to eat pumpkin then, but I do now.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Does anyone here actually save and use the edible contents of a Hallowe'en carved pumpkin?

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    5 years ago

We usually roast and eat the seeds but you're welcome to the pumpkin Buzz.  It'll be on the front porch.  The fruit flies will be disappointed though.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1    5 years ago

If you pay my return airfare and hotel bill for the necessary stay I'll be happy to come and get your pumpkin.  LOL

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.1    5 years ago

I'll leave a check with the pumpkin Buzz.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1.2    5 years ago

Ah, so you think I was born yesterday. LOL

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    5 years ago

A long time ago one of my ex's tried to make a Pumpkin Pie from scratch using an actual Pumpkin. It was an awful lot of work. I assume that is part of the reason why Pumpkins go wasted at Halloween. I'm sure that's also the reason that by Thanksgiving the supermarkets sell so much canned Pumpkin Pie filling as opposed to Pumpkins.