╌>

Trump Defends Himself In His Own Words

Category:  Other

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  10 comments

Trump Defends Himself In His Own Words
I also have Vlady Putin giving me advice. He’s from that region and knows the culture well. He told me that if I gave the Ukrainians money and weapons and didn’t ask for something in return, they would think that I was weak or stupid. So maybe I asked for a favor to show them that I knew what I was doing.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

satire

In My Defense

The words that I was supposed to have said, I never said them. You must have heard wrong. Do you believe your ears or what I’m telling you now? And even if I had said them, I didn’t mean them. I was just testing the person on the other end of the line to see if he was corrupt and willing to help out. We have to do that. There are too many people in this world in different countries that are bad guys or will try to play the U.S. for suckers. So I have to be sure they’re ok when I’m dealing with people in other nations that I don’t know very well. But they’re not aware who they’re trying to scam.

And what if I did say that to him? Is it wrong to ask someone for a favor? Everyone does it. I didn’t put any pressure on him. Ask him and he’ll tell you that. I need to try and fight corruption wherever I find it. I have lawyers like Bill Barr and Rudy Guiliani helping me. Top guys. They know the law and what’s right and wrong. They wouldn’t do anything illegal. I also have Vlady Putin giving me advice. He’s from that region and knows the culture well. He told me that if I gave the Ukrainians money and weapons and didn’t ask for something in return, they would think that I was weak or stupid. So maybe I asked for a favor to show them that I knew what I was doing.

And anyway, I didn’t hold up the weapons for very long. I also have to make sure that the weapons and the money wind up in the right hands. Ukraine is a bigly country somewhere near Italy where the Mafia run the place. If Ukrainian officials are helping with my investigation, then I know that they’re honest and I can depend on them. The money won’t get to the Mafia. And this guy Zelensky is new to politics and may not know how to do things. So I have to test him. Can you believe that the guy used to be a comedian before he was elected president of Ukraine? How can they elect someone from show business to run a country? A comedian, no less. What does he know about business or politics?

Anyway, I didn’t do anything wrong if I asked for a favor which I didn’t. Leaders of powerful countries do that all the time. And as president, I can do anything I want. Just ask my Attorney General Bill Barr. He knows the law and the Constitution inside out. And Mick Mulvaney. The call I made was perfect. Look at the transcript. Now the Democrats are trying to crucify me for that. Do you think this would happen in a country like Russia with a strong leader? They let their leader run the country as he sees fit. That’s the way it should be here. But good luck trying to do anything with Pelosi and Shifty Shiff trying to look over my shoulder. It’s not right having this Congressional oversight and allowing them to try and impeach me. I’m the president. Got elected by the American people in one of the biggest landslides of all times.

And look at all the great things I’ve done. The economy is at an all time high. No new wars. I should be able to do what I want. Anyway, I never did anything wrong or anything I should be impeached for. The Mueller report turned out to be a dud so the Democrats looked for something new. But it’s all bullshit. The Republicans in the Senate won’t let them remove me from office. Mitch McConnell is my man. And I’m going to whip the Democratic asses again in 2020. They’re making a big mistake with this impeachment thing. Resurrecting Democracy

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago
" Do you think this would happen in a country like Russia with a strong leader? They let their leader run the country as he sees fit. That’s the way it should be here. But good luck trying to do anything with Pelosi and Shifty Shiff trying to look over my shoulder. It’s not right having this Congressional oversight and allowing them to try and impeach me. I’m the president. Got elected by the American people in one of the biggest landslides of all times."

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

This has to be from a satirical news site.....right?  This is like a 12 year old trying to explain why he got caught cheating on a test.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    5 years ago

Sounds like what Trump is thinking, if not saying out loud all the time. 

The article is from The Moderate Voice , which is a center-left  news and commentary site. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    5 years ago

Satire?  Suppose so. 

Today the EPA relaxed the rules on dumping coal ash into the wind and streams. 

NV-Robin6
Professor Silent
2.1  NV-Robin6  replied to  bbl-1 @2    5 years ago

There is no satire in opening up the Tongass National Forest to mining and logging. There is zero credibility in any human who possesses a locust mindset. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2  MrFrost  replied to  bbl-1 @2    5 years ago

Yep, that's why trump hired a coal lobbyist to run the EPA. Which makes as much sense as hiring Scott Peterson to head up Fish and Wildlife. 

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
2.3  Old Hermit  replied to  bbl-1 @2    5 years ago
Today the EPA relaxed the rules on dumping coal ash into the wind and streams. 

Lot of that going around these days.

original

Study: US air pollution deaths increased by 9,700 a year from 2016 to 2018

The increase might be due to overly lax policies from both Trump and Obama.

By Dylan Matthews, Oct 24, 2019, 7:30am EDT
Air pollution is killing more people during the Trump administration than it was under President Obama. Air pollution was responsible for 9,700 more deaths in 2018 than it was in 2016 , according to a new paper by economists at Carnegie Mellon.

The researchers, Karen Clay and Nicholas Muller, argue that some of the increase is due to non-regulatory factors, like an increase in wildfires and economic growth. But they note a decline in Clean Air Act enforcement under Donald Trump that could be responsible as well.

The Trump administration has so far rolled back 24 different regulations and accords related to air pollution , according to a New York Times analysis, including rules around air pollution from refineries , industrial pollution of 189 different substances , and regulation of “haze” in national parks .

But the specific kind of pollution addressed in the new study is what experts call PM2.5: microscopic particles 2.5 micrometers or less wide (a small fraction of the diameter of a human hair) arising from human industry, including coal mining and burning, gasoline combustion, construction dust, etc.

PM2.5 can kill people in a number of ways: by causing “heart disease and stroke, lung cancer, chronic lung disease, and respiratory infections,” to name a few listed in a recent report from the Health Effects Institute and the Global Burden of Disease project . That report estimates that PM2.5 killed about 4.1 million people in 2016 alone through those mechanisms. ( Undark also had an excellent in-depth series on PM2.5 last year if you want to learn more.)

In the new paper, Clay and Muller analyze monitoring data collected daily as part of the Environmental Protection Agency’s Air Quality System in 653 US counties.

Because the collections were daily, that data set is quite rich: 1.8 million different readings from 2009 to 2018. Overall, that data set shows that from 2009 to 2016, PM2.5 pollution declined by 24.2 percent. This was a fairly steady decline, too: After holding mostly still from 2009 to 2011, pollution declined noticeably each year from 2011 through 2016.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.3.1  bbl-1  replied to  Old Hermit @2.3    5 years ago

Kind of hard to blame Obama when 'Moscow Mitch' as Obama was sworn in stated that, "They would stop anything he tried."  And the republicans were successful more often than not.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.3.2  1stwarrior  replied to  bbl-1 @2.3.1    5 years ago

Shame ya'll seem to forget Barry's famous words to Putin - "Wait 'til I'm sworn in - I'll have a lot more leeway."  

So he gave them Ukraine and Crimea.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.3.3  bbl-1  replied to  1stwarrior @2.3.2    5 years ago

liar