ABC stopped Epstein report 'amid Palace threats'

Via:  kdmichigan  •  one week ago  •  66 comments

ABC stopped Epstein report 'amid Palace threats'
"My comments about Prince Andrew and her allegation that she had seen Bill Clinton on Epstein's private island were in reference to what Virginia Roberts said in that interview in 2015.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Leaked footage shows a US TV anchor complaining that editors "quashed" a story about paedophile Jeffrey Epstein due to pressure from the Royal Family.
ABC's Amy Robach is seen in the clip griping that her interview with an alleged victim of Epstein and Prince Andrew never made it to air.
"The Palace found out," she says, "and threatened us a million different ways."
Epstein was found dead in a jail cell while awaiting trial for sex crimes.
The death of the wealthy financier last August was ruled a suicide by investigators.

In the video, Ms Robach vents frustration that her 2015 interview with Virginia Giuffre - formerly Virginia Roberts - was never broadcast.
The clip was leaked on Tuesday by Project Veritas, a group that seeks to expose perceived liberal bias in the mainstream media.

In court documents she said she was forced to have sex with the British royal on three separate occasions while she was under the legal age of consent.
Prince Andrew has denied having "any form of sexual contact or relationship" with Ms Giuffre.
"I've had this story for three years. I've had this interview with Virginia Roberts," says Ms Robach, speaking to someone off-camera.
"We would not put it on the air. First of all, I was told, 'who's Jeffrey Epstein? No one knows who that is. This is a stupid story.' 
"Then the Palace found out that we had her whole allegations about Prince Andrew and threatened us a million different ways. 
"We were so afraid that we wouldn't be able to interview Kate and Will.
"That also quashed the story," the host of ABC's 20/20 programme added.
Buckingham Palace has not responded to the allegation.

She also says that the interview included allegations against former US President Bill Clinton.
"We had everything," she continues. "I tried for three years to get it on, to no avail. 
"And now it's all coming out and it's like these new revelations and I freaking had all of it. 
"I'm so pissed right now. Every day I get more and more pissed cause I'm just like, 'oh my God.' What we had was unreal."

In a statement after the footage leaked ABC stood by its decision not to air the interview, saying the reporting did not meet its standards. 
"But we have never stopped investigating the story," the statement continues, adding that "substantial resources" have been dedicated to investigating Epstein.
In a separate statement, Ms Robach said she "was caught in a private moment of frustration" last summer as the Epstein story unfolded.
She said she was "upset that an important interview I had conducted with Virginia Roberts didn't air because we could not obtain sufficient corroborating evidence" to meet ABC's editorial standards.
"My comments about Prince Andrew and her allegation that she had seen Bill Clinton on Epstein's private island were in reference to what Virginia Roberts said in that interview in 2015.
"I was referencing her allegation - not what ABC News had verified through our reporting."
She added that "in the years since no one ever told me or the team to stop reporting" on Epstein. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

KDMichigan
1  seeder  KDMichigan    one week ago

No surprise here. Let me be the 1st to send my condolences to Ms Robach up coming suicide.

Paula Bartholomew
2  Paula Bartholomew    one week ago

Scandals have been a part of royal families for centuries.  This too shall pass.  As far as Andrew goes, his nick name is Randy Andy after all.

KDMichigan
2.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    one week ago

I'm curious as to what happened to all the evidence they took from Epsteins townhouse..

bbl-1
2.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  KDMichigan @2.1    one week ago

Ask Attorney General Barr.  He is in charge of such things.

KDMichigan
2.1.2  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.1    one week ago

Paula Bartholomew
2.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  KDMichigan @2.1    one week ago

We will probably never know.

KDMichigan
2.1.4  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1.3    one week ago

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
3  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    one week ago

Disney has reached out to google to purchase the trending searches for the next few days so you see less of this story. 

ABC killed the story to protect the Hillary campaign. Meanwhile kids were still getting raped. #ABCshameful 

KDMichigan
3.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @3    one week ago

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
3.1.1  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1    one week ago

Most disgusting is Ms Robach was only concerned that she missed the accolades for breaking the story. She has no empathy for victims at all.

What a narcissistic self centered filthy pig.

KDMichigan
3.1.2  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @3.1.1    one week ago

I always thought a reporters job was to report and expose the truth?

JohnRussell
3.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @3.1.1    one week ago

lol. 

Typical conspiracy nut logic.   Robach has already "talked". 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
3.1.4  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.3    one week ago

By all means pot meet the Russia kettle. ROFL

JohnRussell
3.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @3.1.1    one week ago

In January 2015, a 31-year-old American woman, Virginia Roberts (now Virginia Giuffre), [121]   alleged in a sworn affidavit that at the age of 17, she had been held as a  sex slave  by Epstein. [122]  She further alleged that he and the British socialite  Ghislaine Maxwell  had  trafficked  her to several people, including  Prince Andrew [123] [124]  and retired  Harvard Law  professor  Alan Dershowitz . [121]  Roberts also claimed that Epstein, Maxwell and others had physically and sexually abused her. [123]  Roberts alleged that the FBI may have been involved in a  cover-up . [124]  She said she had served as Epstein's sex slave from 1999 to 2002, and had recruited other underage girls. [125]  Prince Andrew, Epstein, and Dershowitz all denied having had sex with Roberts. Dershowitz took legal action over the allegations. [126] [127] [128]  Roberts filed a defamation suit against Dershowitz, claiming he purposefully made "false and malicious defamatory statements" about her. [97]  A diary purported to belong to Roberts was published online. [129] [130

Virginia Roberts: 'Sex slave diary' published containing alleged intimate details about Prince Andrew

Radar website says it has what it claims are 24 hand-written pages of 2001 events

"Three years ago" (2016) as Amy Robach states she was denied the ability to tell this story, the story was already known and in the public. 

JohnRussell
3.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.5    one week ago

In 2016, Virginia Roberts story was already known.  What exactly was Robach going to reveal?    

KDMichigan
3.1.7  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.6    one week ago
at that time, that Clinton had flown on Epstein's plane. 

To pervert island many times.

And LMAO WIKI is your source?

JohnRussell
3.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.5    one week ago

NEW YORK TIMES , JAN. 17, 2015

Prince Andrew is back in the news with the resurgence of old allegations that he had sex with a minor provided by an old, wealthy friend of his, Jeffrey E. Epstein, who was jailed in 2008 and served 13 months of an 18-month sentence for soliciting a minor for prostitution.

In 2011, when the allegations against Prince Andrew surfaced, and again this month, when they re-emerged in a filing in a Florida court, Buckingham Palace issued explicit denials, saying that Andrew did not have sex with the woman bringing the complaint or, for that matter, with any minor.

The allegations by the woman, whom the palace named asVirginia Roberts, now 30, married and with three children, were well ventilated in 2011 by the British press and in the magazine Vanity Fair. The controversy over Prince Andrew's continuing friendship with Mr. Epstein caused the prince to resign that year after a decade as Britain's special representative for international trade and investment.

The main difference now appears to be a direct allegation by Ms. Roberts through her lawyers of specifically sexual contact with Prince Andrew and other public figures, like the lawyer Alan Dershowitz, who has said he intends to countersue to put Ms. Roberts under oath.

The new attention to old allegations has brought renewed embarrassment to the monarchy, which had been basking in friendly British news coverage of Prince William and his wife, the former Kate Middleton, and their young son, and of the dutiful Queen Elizabeth II.

The story had been in the New York Times at the beginning of 2015. 

I dont understand why people think Robach would have been revealing anything, other than showing it in the woman's own words. 

KDMichigan
3.1.9  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.8    one week ago

Then why kill the story JR? Because ABC was forced to. Your missing the whole point with your WIKI bullshit.

Robach complains that the network "quashed" her interview, suggesting that ABC had yielded to threats from powerful forces, including Buckingham Palace. Prince Andrew is among those men whom the accuser alleges Epstein trafficked her to for sex. The prince's representatives have denied that claim.

Robach's comments in late August 2019 came just two days after an NPR story disclosed the existence of Giuffre's interview and ABC's failure to broadcast it. In the video, Robach is sitting on a chair at a studio set for ABC's Good Morning America, at times swinging back and forth while speaking remotely through her microphone with an unseen colleague. It appears to be the early morning hours before broadcast or during advertising breaks.

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/05/776482189/abc-news-defends-its-epstein-coverage-after-leaked-video-of-anchor

It seems like it was enough of a story that NPR ran it.

JohnRussell
3.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.9    one week ago

The comment of mine that you replied to is from the NYT , Jan 2015. 

I dont doubt that Amy Robach thinks she missed a big chance to become a bigger star by interviewing this woman in 2015 or 2016, whenever it was (she says it was three years ago, but in other places 2015 is mentioned) .   I do question that this video of her from a couple days ago exposes a huge attempt to cover up the Epstein story. The Virginia Roberts accusations were already in the news, in the open, before Robach thought of an interview with her. In fact the allegations had surfaced many years earlier. 

Why all the fuss over the Robach thing? Because it is American media, and because some conspiracy goofs think it all goes back to the Clintons, even though Robach specifically says the story was objected to by the British royal family. 

This is just more of the daily distractions we see, all the time, by the right. 

gooseisgone
3.1.11  gooseisgone  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.10    one week ago

John, did Jeffery Epstein kill himself?

KDMichigan
3.1.12  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  gooseisgone @3.1.11    one week ago

JohnRussell
3.1.13  JohnRussell  replied to  gooseisgone @3.1.11    one week ago

For all you know Trump had him killed. 

The coroner says he killed himself. 

Jasper2529
3.1.14  Jasper2529  replied to  gooseisgone @3.1.11    one week ago
did Jeffery Epstein kill himself?

It's damn hard to kill (hang) yourself when the object you allegedly used is longer in length than your drop to the floor.

KDMichigan
3.1.15  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.13    one week ago

KDMichigan
3.1.16  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.13    one week ago
For all you know Trump had him killed. 

Yeah right.

Just Jim NC TttH
3.1.17  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.13    one week ago
The coroner says he killed himself. 

That's because the coroner found a draft of his own personal suicide note. WWJRD

pat wilson
3.1.18  pat wilson  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.16    one week ago
Yeah right.

Because trump had NO motivation, right ? /s

KDMichigan
3.1.19  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  pat wilson @3.1.18    one week ago

Was Trump at Pervert island having sex with underage girls like Bill Clinton?

pat wilson
3.1.20  pat wilson  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.19    one week ago

I don't know about a specific island but they "partied" together for years.

For the better part of two decades starting in the late 1980s, Jeffrey Epstein and Donald Trump swam in the same social pool. They were neighbors in Florida. They jetted from LaGuardia to Palm Beach together. They partied at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club and dined at Epstein’s Manhattan mansion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/donald-trump-and-jeffrey-epstein-partied-together-then-an-oceanfront-palm-beach-mansion-came-between-them/2019/07/31/79f1d98c-aca0-11e9-a0c9-6d2d7818f3da_story.html

KDMichigan
3.1.21  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  pat wilson @3.1.20    one week ago
but they "partied" together for years.

No they didn't, That is total bullshit. WaPo bahahahah. The Clinton Cucks sucked up to Epstein And Trump for donor dollars. Donald Trump doesn't drink.

Now Bill Clinton has been to pervert island numerous times and that is where all the pedophilia got nasty. You want to try to spin that?

Freaking WaPo trying so hard to tie Trump to pervert Epstein when they ignore Clinton and his close relationship. Hillaryious.

pat wilson
3.1.22  pat wilson  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.21    one week ago

Ya, keep ignoring reality. 

jrSmiley_85_smiley_image.gif

gooseisgone
3.1.23  gooseisgone  replied to  KDMichigan @3.1.21    5 days ago

KDM don't waste your time with Pat he/she still thinks Trump colluded with Russia.

WallyW
3.1.24  WallyW  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.6    5 days ago
They "joked" about Clinton and Epstein because it was known ,at that time, that Clinton had flown on Epstein's plane. 

Thanks for admitting that. People are known by the company they keep.

WallyW
3.1.25  WallyW  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.10    5 days ago

ABC quashed the story because it might reflect badly upon Bubba Billy

It Is ME
4  It Is ME    one week ago

It will be really interesting to see whom in the "Media" takes this on. jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Will they be "News" ?

OR

Just another Goebbels type Propaganda machine as they have been for decades.

KDMichigan
4.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  It Is ME @4    one week ago

It touches to close to home. We have to protect the Liberal royalty Abula.

It Is ME
4.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  KDMichigan @4.1    one week ago

Slide baby ….. SLIDE ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
5  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    one week ago

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
6  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    one week ago

Let's not forget that Alternet, DailyKos, Mother Jones and vice have all run articles promoting pedophilia as a sexual orientation instead of what it is. Next up don't be surprised at their don't be a pedophilaphobe movement.

Tessylo
6.1  Tessylo  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @6    one week ago

I await your sources/citations.  

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh

KDMichigan
6.1.2  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @6.1.1    one week ago

[Deleted]

Tessylo
6.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  KDMichigan @6.1.2    6 days ago

Why do you keep posting pictures from the family reunion find your spouse get together?  Is that Mrs. Sister Cousin Wife KDMichigan?

KDMichigan
6.2  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @6    one week ago

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
7  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    one week ago

It Is ME
7.1  It Is ME  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @7    one week ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
8  Just Jim NC TttH    one week ago

KDMichigan
8.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8    one week ago

Paula Bartholomew
9  Paula Bartholomew    one week ago

No matter how he died, can we all at least say "At least he is dead!"

MUVA
9.1  MUVA  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9    one week ago

I agree a big democrat contributor and friend of Bill Clinton is dead.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
10  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    one week ago

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
11  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    one week ago

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
12  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    one week ago

JohnRussell
12.1  JohnRussell  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @12    one week ago

Well at least you all have something to chat about with one another. 

KDMichigan
12.1.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1    one week ago

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
12.1.2  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1    one week ago

JohnRussell
12.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @12.1.2    one week ago

Lindsey Graham Tries Using Trump's Incompetence As His Alibi

Too stupid to collude, and now, his Ukraine policy was "too incoherent" to be a quid pro quo, per Lindsey Graham.
jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
12.1.4  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.3    one week ago

KDMichigan
12.1.5  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1.3    one week ago

Tessylo
12.2  Tessylo  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @12    6 days ago

I know Epstein didn't kill himself.  I wonder how the 'president' managed to have his co-pedophile raping buddy knocked off?

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
12.2.1  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Tessylo @12.2    6 days ago

Notice in the ABC video they say Clinton's, Royal family but not anyone else.

No one covers for rapists and pedos like the liberal media. Killed the Ronan Farrow story, and now this.

lib50
13  lib50    6 days ago

Project Veritas is all I need to hear to know its bullshit.  O'Keefe is a liar who makes up videos to smear.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
13.1  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  lib50 @13    6 days ago

Ok we got your talking point but what about the actual video. Are you going to protect billionaire pedophiles? If so, man up and join the others.

Some people refuse to protect powerful pedos. It's the right thing to do for the children.

JohnRussell
13.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @13.1    6 days ago

As I demonstrated yesterday, nothing prevented Virginia Roberts allegations from becoming public. In fact, they already were public when Robach says her story was kept off the air on ABC. 

AND Roberts has specifically said she never saw Bill Clinton had sex with underage girls and that was not part of her allegation. 

ABC News has said that they didn't run the story by Robach because Robert's statement to the court had been stricken, and because Prince Andrew's lawyers threatened legal action if they went ahead. 

Nothing about Clinton. 

Trump has been accused of raping a 13 year old girl.  I'm not saying he did it, but I don't see any curiosity from you about that one. 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
13.1.2  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  JohnRussell @13.1.1    6 days ago

The only thing you demonstrated yesterday was a willingness to dismiss anything that would reflect poorly on your party.

Most decent people find that disgusting and disturbing.

Sean Treacy
14  Sean Treacy    5 days ago

Funny to see ABC hide behind journalistic standards and concerns about credibility after it's conduct during  the Kavanaugh witchhunt. No rumor was too batshit crazy for ABC worry about things like confirmation and evidence before publishing Kavanaugh attack pieces.