╌>

Texas teen tweets herself out of pizzeria job

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  9 years ago  •  32 comments

A Texas teen was fired over twitter by the manager of Jet's Pizza in Mansfield, Texas after she tweeted out how she was not looking forward to working there. (Google Maps)

A Texas teen lost her job at a Dallas area pizzeria before she even started when she trashed the gig in a tweet that her prospective boss spotted.

Ew I start this f*** a** job tomorrow, Twitter user @cellla_ tweeted on Friday regarding her new job at Jets Pizza in Mansfield, along with a string of emojis depicting seven thumbs down.

But the worker was served up a cold slice of reality when another Jets employee showed the missive to franchise owner Robert Waple. He responded to the young girl with a tweet of his own.

No you don't start that FA job today!I just fired you!Good luck with your no money, no job life! @Robertwaple tweeted on Saturday, using his account for the first time since signing up for the social media service in 2009.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/10/texas-teen-tweets-herself-out-pizza-job/

The public firing didnt seem to bother Cella, who tweeted out her joy over being fired on Twitter.

I got fired over Twitter, she said.

Waple tweeted out a second message to Cella which has since been deleted according to reports.

Working register, taking phone orders, making subs/salads. Eating free pizza. How hard would that have been? he said in the tweet.

Some questioned the validity of Waples' account, but Cella confirmed the message was legitimate in yet another tweet.

Waple's pizza shop is a franchise of Jet's Pizza, which has nearly 400 locations in 18 states.

"The location in question is an independently owned and operated franchise store. Jets America, Inc., as the franchisor, cannot dictate the employment practices or decisions of independently owned and operated franchise businesses," a spokeswoman for Jet's Pizza's corporate office said in a statement provided to FoxNews.com.

"Nevertheless, Jets regrets to see the manner in which this situation has been handled by the parties involved."

The teen has become something of an instant celebrity after news of the incident went viral. Since Friday, she has amassed nearly 4,000 followers.

People around the world have been tweeting at her while Waple appears to have shut down his page.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    9 years ago

No you don't start that FA job today!I just fired you!Good luck with your no money, no job life! @Robertwaple tweeted on Saturday, using his account for the first time since signing up for the social media service in 2009.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     9 years ago

From the story.

''But the worker was served up a cold slice of reality when another Jets employee showed the missive to franchise owner Robert Waple. He responded to the young girl with a tweet of his own.''

Nona62
Professor Silent

Robert G I know nothing about Tweeting!! sigh..

Nona62
Professor Silent

I say good for him.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    9 years ago
Shallow idiot. Good luck, girl.

jennilee
Freshman Silent
link   jennilee    9 years ago
She thinks she's a hero because of a tweet? Thirty seconds of Twitter fame then what? I bet her parents are so very proud , and happy that they will be supporting her for a very long time.

Nona62
Professor Silent

If she thought it was a F...A.. , job, why did she even apply for it ?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man    9 years ago

Or to recognize an opportunity when she has one.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
link   Robert in Ohio    9 years ago

I imagine that this young lady's twitter fame will not translate into an asset when she is applying for future jobs.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    9 years ago

Check out this gals twitter account (link above). She is getting more attention now than she has probably ever gotten before in her life; though,It will be a miracle if she ever gets a jobwith any mainstream business.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man    9 years ago

Good chance of that RW,

I wonder how long it will be before those less than stellar intellectual followers of hers have employment problems also. I mean, they did put what they think of employment out there now didn't they?

Actions have consequences.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    9 years ago

Yup, no kiddin'. On her twitter page she declares that "she loves all her bitches, ain't got no main" while the headline picture is that of herself and friends,and adude giving dueling middle fingers to the camera. Are people so stupid that they think a public persona is not going to affect their off-linelife? I guess so.

Nona62
Professor Silent

LOL I couldn't believe that she was stupid enough to "Tweet" it!!! That's about as stupid as the article I posted abut the kid that shot his friend in the face and took a selfie with the victim,and posted on , I think on FB!! DUH!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

So many teens these days (not all of them) think they are such bad azzez...some day (maybe) they'll learn a lesson.

Nona62
Professor Silent

RIO...Somehow, I think you're right!

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
link   Robert in Ohio    9 years ago

And I am sure she will think that an employer's hesitancy to hire her over this incident is so unfair!!!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

while the headline picture is that of herself and friends,and adude giving dueling middle fingers to the camera Isn't that special???

Nona62
Professor Silent

No doubt...

Nona62
Professor Silent

RW....One thing is for sure, I would not want to eat or drink anything from a place where she worked Me either. my reply thingies are gone AGAIN!! GRR....

Nona62
Professor Silent

True...

Nona62
Professor Silent

They are for my reply above here as well, Nona, so it is not just you. 7.gif ggrrrrrr

Nona62
Professor Silent

they will be supporting her for a very long time. I wouldn't be surprised at all....