╌>

MPs demand Zelensky, Trump investigate suspicion of U.S.-Ukraine corruption involving $7.4 bln

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  1stwarrior  •  5 years ago  •  39 comments

MPs demand Zelensky, Trump investigate suspicion of U.S.-Ukraine corruption involving $7.4 bln

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

KYIV. Nov 20 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukrainian members of parliament have demanded the presidents of Ukraine and the United States, Volodymyr Zelensky and Donald Trump, investigate suspicions of the legalization of $7.4 billion by the "family" of ex-President Viktor Yanukovych through the American investment fund Franklin Templeton Investments, which they said has ties to the U.S. Democratic Party.

At a press conference at the Interfax-Ukraine agency on Wednesday, MP Andriy Derkach announced that deputies have received new materials from investigative journalists about international corruption and the participation of Ukrainian officials in it.

"Last week, November 14, the Prosecutor General's Office (PGO), unnoticed by the media, announced a new suspicion to the notorious owner of Burisma, ex-Ecology Minister Zlochevsky. According to the suspicion, the Yanukovych family is suspected, in particular, with legalizing (laundering) of criminally obtained income through Franklin Templeton Investments, an investment fund carrying out purchases of external government loan bonds totaling $7.4 billion," Derkach said.

With reference to the investigation, he emphasized: it was money criminally obtained by the "family" of Yanukovych and invested in the purchase of Ukrainian debt in 2013-2014.

For his part, MP Oleksandr Dubinsky from the Servant of the People faction said that according to investigators, "the Yanukovych 'family' illegally obtained $7.4 billion and laundered the funds through an investment fund close to some representatives of the U.S. Democratic Party in the form of external government loan bonds."

Meanwhile, Derkach said that several facts indicate Franklin Templeton Investments' relationship with the U.S. Democratic Party.

"The son of Templeton's founder, John Templeton Jr., was one of President Obama's major campaign donors. Another fund-related character is Thomas Donilon. Managing Director of BlackRock Investment Institute, shareholder Franklin Templeton Investments, which has the largest share in the fund. It is noteworthy that he previously was Obama's national security advisor," Derkach said.

The MP said that the presidents of Ukraine and the United States should combine the efforts of the two countries to establish facts of corruption and money laundering with the participation of citizens of both countries.

"President Zelensky must pick up the phone, dial Trump, ask for help and cooperation in the fight against corruption and fly to Washington. The issue of combating international corruption in Ukraine with the participation of citizens, businessmen and U.S. officials should become a key during the meeting of the two presidents," he said.

Derkach said as a result of the meeting, it is necessary to build interaction between the Ukrainian investigating authorities and the U.S. Department of Justice to obtain information about the organizers of the bond issue, clients and beneficiaries of investment funds for each purchase, interrogate fund officials, etc.

As reported, on October 9, 2019, Derkach published official correspondence between NABU and the U.S. Embassy, according to which the first deputy of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU), Gizo Uglava, through his assistant Polina Chyzh, for a long time provided the U.S. Embassy with information that negatively affected the course of events in Ukraine and the United States.

Derkach said Chyzh received instructions from the representative of the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine Hanna Emelyanova to provide information on the case involving Zlochevsky.

Derkach also announced the amount of money transferred to representatives of the Burisma Group, including Hunter Biden. According to documents, in general, in favor of Hunter Biden, Alexander Kwasniewski, Alan Apter and Devon Archer, Burisma paid about $16.5 million.

According to Derkach, ex-Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin repeatedly appealed to the NABU Director Artem Sytnyk in the framework of criminal proceedings for Burisma, but constantly received formal responses. The activities of Shokin, according to the MP, irritated then U.S. Vice President Joe Biden during his fifth visit to Kyiv in two years. The visit on December 7-8, 2015, was devoted to solving the issue of Shokin's resignation for the affairs of Zlochevsky and Burisma, he said.

"The subject of pressure was the $1 billion credit guarantee that the United States should have provided to Ukraine: Biden himself acknowledged the pressure in his speech to the U.S. Foreign Relations Council in January 2018," Derkach said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1  seeder  1stwarrior    5 years ago

The activities of Shokin, according to the MP, irritated then U.S. Vice President Joe Biden during his fifth visit to Kyiv in two years. The visit on December 7-8, 2015, was devoted to solving the issue of Shokin's resignation for the affairs of Zlochevsky and Burisma, he said.

"The subject of pressure was the $1 billion credit guarantee that the United States should have provided to Ukraine: Biden himself acknowledged the pressure in his speech to the U.S. Foreign Relations Council in January 2018," Derkach said.

How's that for Quid pro Quo?????

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Your article is fake news 1st. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @2.1    5 years ago

Yes, it is not expressly against policy here to seed fake news.  It depends on the MBFC. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    5 years ago

Did it specifically say …. "This is Fake News" ….but ALLOWED ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.2    5 years ago

The story has been debunked. That is why it is fake news.  Not sure what your point is, if you have one. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.2    5 years ago

To clarify, the source is under review and therefore allowed. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.4    5 years ago

I really didn't need "Clarification".

I noted that nothing has been noted that it was "Fake" !

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    5 years ago
The story has been debunked.

By whom ?

NBC ?

The same "Outlet" that said "Hillary Wins" m?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.7  katrix  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.5    5 years ago

Apparently, you weren't interested enough in the article which debunked this to read it - but you were willing to read the fake news article both times it was posted.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.8  It Is ME  replied to  katrix @2.1.7    5 years ago
Apparently, you weren't interested enough in the article which debunked this to read it

Please do show me where it was "Debunked" !

I read that it could be "Misleading". Not "Fake" !

Did you actually "READ" this so-called" …. "debunktion" jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif thingy ? 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.9  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    5 years ago

Guess you should know then, eh?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.10  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  katrix @2.1.7    5 years ago

And, obviously you're not interested enough in the thread/seed so you attack a commenter.

Comment on the thread - do not attack other commenters.

Only warning.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.11  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    5 years ago

Story has NOT been debunked.  Now, discuss the topic and quit bashing the source.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.12  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.11    5 years ago

It's hard to discuss a debunked article "factually" without noting it has been debunked. 

Since fake news is permitted on NT unless MBFC indicates otherwise, I guess you are on your own. 

Very bad look for NT though. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.13  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.12    5 years ago
It's hard to discuss a debunked article

Where was it "DEBUNKED" ?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.14  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    5 years ago
The story has been debunked.

It says that two Ukranian MPs conducted a press conference.  Did they not?  Do we have proof they did not?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.15  Jack_TX  replied to  katrix @2.1.7    5 years ago
Apparently, you weren't interested enough in the article which debunked this to read it - but you were willing to read the fake news article both times it was posted.

I read it.  And while NBC unsurprisingly tried to describe it as erroneous, I didn't see them actually show where two Ukranian MPs did not actually have a press conference and did not actually say stuff.  

So this story is not any different than NBC reporting that Elizabeth Warren held a press conference and spouted a lot of angry leftist stupidity.  We would not call that article "fake news", and it seems unlikely that this one is, either.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Jack_TX @2.1.15    5 years ago

I especially admired how far they went in the source of the seeded article--getting look-alikes for two members of Ukraine's Parliament and then having them hold a fake news conference!

/s

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.17  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.16    5 years ago

The two "MP's" are not credible people.  They are cranks.  You know, Infowars types. 

So what, they are in the Ukrainian parliament. Big deal. 

The president of Ukraine used to be a comedian who played the president of the country on a fictional tv show. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.17    5 years ago
The two "MP's" are not credible people.  They are cranks.  You know, Infowars types. 

Nice words, but can you actually PROVE it?

Oh, that is progress--you actually admitted to what they are!

The president of Ukraine used to be a comedian who played the president of the country on a fictional tv show.

And?? Did he NOT win an election with around 70% of the vote?

WTF does his former job have to do with anything?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.19  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.17    5 years ago

Give it up John - Reality is out of your league.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.20  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.17    5 years ago
So what, they are in the Ukrainian parliament. Big deal.  The president of Ukraine used to be a comedian who played the president of the country on a fictional tv show. 

Now that's funny. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

They must Be Trump too ! jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

IMPEACH 'EM ! jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.21  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.19    5 years ago

You people are turning Newstalkers into a waste of time. 

Unfortunately Perrie is too nice to say anything to all of you about it. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.21    5 years ago

Use your words JR.

Why depend on someone else to do your talking?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.23  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.21    5 years ago

What do you consider a "Waste of Time" ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.23    5 years ago
What do you consider a "Waste of Time" ?

Anything and everything that isn't an "I Hate Trump" article?

Reading anything that isn't in lockstep with his opinions?

Just a wild guess!

LMAO

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.25  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.24    5 years ago

jrSmiley_85_smiley_image.gif

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.26  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.21    5 years ago

And yet here you are, commenting on, your definition, fake news. You are not going to change minds John. Move along to another story.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.27  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.17    5 years ago
The two "MP's" are not credible people.  They are cranks.  You know, Infowars types. 

So...not very different than AOC, Talib, Warren or Sanders.

They are duly elected members of a representative democracy.  It kind of is a big deal, actually.

Ronald Reagan?  Al Franken?  Der Governator?  Everybody from Fred Thompson to Will Rogers?

So basically this "no actors" rule only applies when one interferes with you hating Trump.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3  Split Personality    5 years ago

duplicate article?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Split Personality @3    5 years ago

Nope - mine is newer with more information.

Read the links.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1    5 years ago

Both seeds are linked to the same "story"...same date and time stamp...

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.2  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.1    5 years ago

If they are, what's your point?  Perrie's thread was legitimate  - my thread is legitimate.  Comment on the thread, not the source.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.2    5 years ago

I am not questioning the source or shaming the source.

I am questioning the waste of time and effort by posting a duplicate seed a day after the first.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.3    5 years ago

His time, his effort.

I don't see any problem with that.

Why is it a problem for you?

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3.1.5  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Split Personality @3.1.3    5 years ago

Nobody can comment on the first seed it's locked. This is a discussion site and it's hard to discuss a locked seed.