╌>

Call to boycott Israeli cheese backfires

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  12 comments

By:   Aruz Sheva Staff

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Anti-Israel professor calls to boycott Trader Joe's for selling Israeli cheese. Instead, customers flock to the store, emptying the shelves.

932683.jpg

Trader Joe's   (iStock)

Last week, Berkeley's Peace and Justice Commissioner Hatem Bazian called on locals to avoid purchasing Israeli feta cheese.

"Trader Joe's is having Israeli Feta on its shelves! One more reason to stop shopping at the store," Bazian, who lectures on Islam at UC Berkeley, wrote on his Facebook page.

However, the call for boycott backfired after Joe Zevuloni, an Israeli living in Florida who heads the "Israeli Army of Publicity," met the call for boycott with a call of his own: "Urgent call-up to publicity soldiers: I need you to lend me a hand here."

"This Israel-hating anti-Semitic professor from UC Berkeley tagged Linda Sarsour in his post and called on everyone to boycott Trader Joe's supermarket chain because it sells Israeli feta cheese.

"Go to his page and don't forget to tell him thank-you for the fact that in his merit, we'll all buy specifically from a brand that sells Israeli products. Tag the Population and Immigration Authority in your comments and help me show him Israel just in Google. Then "like" this post and share, if you're with me. Am Israel hai (literally: the nation of Israel lives on)!"

Zevuloni's call worked: Within hours, pro-Israel customers had emptied several Trader Joe's branches of their Israeli feta cheese, and moved on to purchasing other Israeli products instead.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

This is so familiar to me.  Years ago in Toronto when it was almost Passover I lived around the corner from a liquor store and went there to buy some Israeli Passover wine.  In front of the store were about a dozen people holding signs asking for customers to NOT buy Israeli product. The story got out, and the Toronto Jewish community and other supporters bought all the Israeli wines and liqueurs in that store and in every one in Toronto, requiring an immediate shipment of more. 

BDS, which uses a veil of social justice, has the true intention of destroying Israel, and is being declared to be an antisemitic organization in more and more countries in the world. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Take note that it was necessary to use an Israeli medium to post this article about an event in America, since the left-leaning American media will only post negative stories about Israel.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
2.1  Cerenkov  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    5 years ago

Good catch.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

That idiot professor is from Berkley. That pretty much says it all! Glad Trader Joe's did not cave in to the BDS BS and to see the Israel supporters turn that around.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4  Krishna    5 years ago

Didn't something similar to this happen a while back with a call to boycott Israeli wine?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Krishna @4    5 years ago

Yep.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
6  Enoch    5 years ago

Dear Brother Buzz:

For me, BDS stands for:

B = Buy Israeli products and services.

D = Distribute Israeli products and services.

S = Support Israeli products, services and the Israeli economy.

This seed is an excellent example of good people doing this good thing.

P&AB.

Enoch. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
7  Kavika     5 years ago

A bit of information that you might find interesting, Buzz. 

The Coushatta tribe of Louisiana adopted May 14, Israeli Independence Day, as a holiday called “Stakayoop Yanihta Yisrael”, meaning “The Day to Honor Israel”.

The Coushatta act as distributor for some Jewish products in the US and Israel is working with the tribe various projects. 

A couple of other instances that you may find interesting.

Santos Hawk’s Blood Suarez, an Apache activist in New Jersey, brings fellow Native Americans to pro-Israel events and insists there are strong parallels between Native Americans and Jews. Both groups have lived in exile; Jews show that it is possible for a native people to return to their native land and revive their ancestral language, even after thousands of years. “I admire the people who” take a stand, Suarez explains: “That’s why I admire the people of Israel: They’re people who stand up to defend their homeland.”

Chief Anne Richardson is the first female Chief of the Rappahannock Tribe in Virginia since 1705. She’s also a strong supporter of the Jewish state. In 2013, she and another female Chief, Kathy Cummings-Dickinson of the Lumbee Tribes in North Carolina, visited Israel. Wearing their ceremonial robes, the Chiefs met with an Israeli Government Minister. “We are here to deliver a message to the residents of Israel,” the chiefs explained. “Stand firm and united against the threats and pressure… We want to encourage Israel not to give in to those who try to pressure them to give up parts of the homeland. Surrender to this pressure is not a recipe for peace, but rather war. We stand beside you.”

Screw BDS and the idiot professor.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @7    5 years ago

In fact, I've previously read the stories about the tribal visits to Israel and seen photos of them there.

You and I are very much aware of the close relationship between Native Americans and Jews/Israel.  I'm proud to display that very fact with my avatar.