╌>

Captain Quease

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  23 comments

Captain Quease

Trump at his press gaggle today

"It was all a hoax.... perfect phone call .... best economy...hoax....Rudy a great man..... hoax...witch hunt....whistle blower lied.....hoax...witch hunt....hoax....stock market....never met the man.....pictures with everyone.....hoax....witch hunt.... perfect phone call.....perfect transcript.....hoax.....stock market......I'm perfect... Rudy greatest crimefighter....hoax,hoax, hoax, dont know the man"

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Trump has cracked up. He reminded me so much of the sick man who was the subject of the Caine Mutiny. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
Trump has cracked up. He reminded me so much of the sick man who was the subject of the Caine Mutiny. 

What did you expect, he has to keep reminding his sycophants not to believe anything they see or hear.  If he pauses, even for a minute, a stray, intelligent thought might squeeze through.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    4 years ago
What did you expect, he has to keep reminding his sycophants not to believe anything they see or hear.

It is a brainwashing.   He's also trying to convince himself. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    4 years ago
What did you expect, he has to keep reminding his sycophants not to believe anything they see or hear. 

The first thing a cult leader does is tell his followers that everyone else is lying to them. Trump's ridiculous war on the media absolutely proves this. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  lady in black  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    4 years ago

The sad part is they believe every lie that comes out of his mouth, scary, sad and sickening.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.2    4 years ago
The first thing a cult leader does is tell his followers that everyone else is lying to them.

You hit it right on the nose too.

Trump followers are cult members that do what they're told, and think only what they're allowed to think.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

John...do you mean Captain Queeg?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2    4 years ago

play on words. I should have spelled it Captain Quease though. 

queasy
[ˈkwēzē]
ADJECTIVE
  1. nauseated; feeling sick.
    -
    Yes, the original photo is of Humphrey Bogart in the movie The Caine Mutiny.
    Captain Queeg , fictional character, the unstable skipper of the destroyer-minesweeper U.S.S.  Caine  in  The Caine Mutiny  (1951) by  Herman Wouk .

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    4 years ago

Got it. Quite clever, actually

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

I just read something on Quora Digest. He seems to be suffering from sun downing, also

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3    4 years ago

Sun downing?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.3.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.3.2    4 years ago

My father had senile dementia but I had never heard that term.  Thank you.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.3.4  sandy-2021492  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.3.3    4 years ago

I hadn't until recently, when some nurse friends were posting about it on Facebook.  Apparently, it makes the evening and night shifts at nursing homes a tough gig.  And the White House, too ;)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.3.4    4 years ago

I first heard about it from watching an M. Night Shamalan movie.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2  MrFrost    4 years ago

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3  MrFrost    4 years ago
"It was all a hoax.... perfect phone call .... best economy...hoax....Rudy a great man..... hoax...witch hunt....whistle blower lied.....hoax...witch hunt....hoax....stock market....never met the man.....pictures with everyone.....hoax....witch hunt.... perfect phone call.....perfect transcript.....hoax.....stock market......I'm perfect... Rudy greatest crimefighter....hoax,hoax, hoax, dont know the man"

Weird. This coming from the guy that blocked 12 people that say trump is innocent of all charges and refused to give even one piece of evidence to defend himself. 

We don't see any positive leaks coming from the white house not because they don't have leakers, but because there is nothing positive to leak about trump. 

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1  Ender  replied to  MrFrost @3    4 years ago

CB
Professor Principal
4  CB    4 years ago

This is outrageous. How many ways do you have to catch a 'crook' before a damn crook is caught? All the newsys on cable are still talking politely about a president, an attorney general, a Senate Majority Leader, and a Senate Judiciary Committee Chair who are all playing loosey goosey with intelligence, official government documents, and the truth. We don't let anybody else do it to us! Why the heaven are we letting these people do it?

How many "Get out of jail free"—cards are conservatives going to be allowed to play?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5  MrFrost    4 years ago

I've noticed over the last two weeks, (since Parnas has started singing like a bird), Rudy Colludy has been very quiet on Twitter. 

CB
Professor Principal
6  CB    4 years ago

Riddle me this: President Trump has spoke under oath how many times since he has been in office? Under oath?

Oh America, Grow up! —Joan Rivers, the late great comedian.

President Donald Trump has over 15000 lies and counting on his presidential record, and some conservatives want us to question the integrity of other witnesses who are sworn to tell the truth?

CB
Professor Principal
7  CB    4 years ago

Hey here is an idea! Ordinary rank and file folks should run for high office so we can get away with being crooked, lying, intellectually dishonest senators and president. Just rig the system so when you are impeached—you're "Impeacher-in-Chief" at your own trial.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

I think someone needs to give trmp a dictionary so he can look up the meaning of the word hoax.