╌>

Hillary Clinton on Sen. Bernie Sanders: 'Nobody likes him'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  kdmichigan  •  4 years ago  •  16 comments

Hillary Clinton on Sen. Bernie Sanders: 'Nobody likes him'
Asked further why he thought Clinton was still talking about 2016, Sanders said: “That is a good question. Ask her.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Clinton and Sen. Bernie Sanders attend a campaign rally in Raleigh, N.C., Nov. 3, 2016.
The Washington Post via Getty Images, FILE
Clinton would not pledge to support Sanders if he won the 2020 Democratic nomination citing the wide Democratic field and concerns about Sanders’ online supporters, calling them “Bernie Bros.”

“I’m not going to go there yet. We’re still in a very vigorous primary season,” Clinton said. “I will say, however, that it’s not only him, it’s the culture around him. It’s his leadership team. It’s his prominent supporters. It’s his online 'Bernie Bros' and their relentless attacks on lots of his competitors, particularly the women. And I really hope people are paying attention to that because it should be worrisome that he has permitted this culture — not only permitted, [he] seems to really be very much supporting it.” 
When asked about Clinton's comments, Sanders responded, "On a good day, my wife likes me, so let’s clear the air on that one” Sanders said jokingly when asked about Clinton's comments. “Look, today, right now I’m dealing with impeachment.” 
“Secretary Clinton is entitled to her point of view, but my job today is to focus on the impeachment trial. My job today is to put together a team to defeat the most dangerous president in the history of the United States of America," Sanders added. 
Asked further why he thought Clinton was still talking about 2016, Sanders said: “That is a good question. Ask her.” 
The Sanders campaign echoed a similar sentiment in a statement released Tuesday. 
“My focus today is on a monumental moment in American history: the impeachment trial of Donald trump," statement from the senator read. "Together, we are going to go forward and defeat the most dangerous president in American history.” 
Sanders, in a CBS interview Monday, said he didn’t agree with the social media attacks waged by his supporters. Instead, he urged them to “engage in civil discourse.”

In the interview, Clinton also weighs in on the controversy surrounding a 2018 private meeting between Sanders, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren and others. A report from CNN claimed Sanders disagreed with her that a woman could win in 2020 against President Donald Trump. Warren confirmed the report and Sanders vehemently denied them.

Clinton said the argument is “part of a pattern.” 
“If it were a one-off, you might say, ‘OK, fine.’ But he said I was unqualified. I had a lot more experience than he did, and got a lot more done than he had, but that was his attack on me,” Clinton said. “I just think people need to pay attention because we want, hopefully, to elect a president who’s going to try to bring us together, and not either turn a blind eye, or actually reward the kind of insulting, attacking, demeaning, degrading behavior that we’ve seen from this current administration.” 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1  seeder  KDMichigan    4 years ago

Poor hatful Hillary is just like her crybaby snowflake followers, over 3 years later she still can not get over her loss and neither can they. In case you didn't know, Hillary blames Bernie for her loss to, because he had the audacity to challenge the entitled one. Go away Hillary, just go away.....

charger 383
Professor Silent
2  charger 383    4 years ago

A lot of people do not like Hillary Clinton

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.2  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  charger 383 @2    4 years ago
A lot of people do not like Hillary Clinton

That's a understatement. A lot of Democrats despise her. I truly believe if any other person had run against Trump, that Trump would have loss. We will see this fall.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Ender  replied to  KDMichigan @2.2    4 years ago

Nah. I think Bernie would have lost too.

squiggy
Junior Silent
2.2.2  squiggy  replied to  KDMichigan @2.2    4 years ago

Sure, Biden could have owned Washington. I feel badly for him and his personal problems but that's what has to be put aside to claim the higher ground of 'public service'. He didn't do that then and he's used goods for it now.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3  Ronin2    4 years ago
“My focus today is on a monumental moment in American history: the impeachment trial of Donald trump," statement from the senator read. "Together, we are going to go forward and defeat the most dangerous president in American history.” 

Not to derail; but the Democrats like stating Republicans in the Senate are biased. Nope, no predetermined outcome from the Senators on the left. None at all.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago

Personally I dislike anyone who supports BDS.  In any event Hillary is wrong, because doesn't "The Squad" like him?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
6  Mark in Wyoming     4 years ago

this could be a case of it takes one to know one instance ….