Trump Defense Attorney Says Biden Should Have Been Impeached Over Ukraine

By:  john-russell  •  3 weeks ago  •  27 comments

Trump Defense Attorney Says Biden Should Have Been Impeached Over Ukraine

The dweebish looking scumbag who works in Trumps white house counsel's office just said that Joe Biden could have been impeached over what he did in Ukraine. 

There isnt even a fragment of evidence to support that, but this is what Trump scum does these days. 

We are at "war"  with this disease known as Trumpism. And people who try to deny that are only fooling themselves. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

JohnRussell
1  author  JohnRussell    3 weeks ago

Within a matter of minutes from now they will know if the impeachment trial will end tomorrow. 

The key undecided senator, a fogey from Tennesee named Lamar Alexander, is set to announce whether or not he will vote for witnesses. The smart money is on no. 

WallyW
1.1  WallyW  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 weeks ago

The smart money is on no. 

For once you are right.

There is  probable cause to investigate Biden to gather evidence of his corrupt dealings

JohnRussell
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  WallyW @1.1    3 weeks ago

Lamar Alexander just released a statement saying that even though Trump did it, he doesnt believe Trump should be removed from office for it. 

In other words, Trump is guilty , but as a good Republican he wants to let him slide. 

Alexander says, EXPLICITLY that what Trump did was wrong , and that the House managers proved their case overwhelmingly. 

JohnRussell
1.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    3 weeks ago

This is amazing. 

Sean Treacy
1.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    3 weeks ago

yeah, the Clinton defense. Except trump isn’t alleged to have committed multiple felonies as  Clinton was. So it’s more like Clinton lite.

always amusing to see Clinton supporters act appalled that republicans follow their precedent. Like Harry Reid and nuking the filibuster all over. 

JohnRussell
1.1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.3    3 weeks ago

I thought the phone call was "perfect". 

Just like Mueller totally exonerated Trump. lol. 

The president of the United States tried to cheat at the 2020 election and got caught by the whistleblower.  If he had a shred of honor he would have resigned the day the news broke. 

Sean Treacy
1.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.4    3 weeks ago

Trump said it was perfect. it doesn’t make it a high crime that it wasn’t.

JohnRussell
1.1.6  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.5    3 weeks ago

If, as Alexander explicitly says, that the House managers overwhelmingly proved their case, why are we not seeing witnesses that could potentially explain why Trump should be removed?

A trial without witnesses?  The Republicans should all be ashamed. Hopefully they will be wiped out in November. 

Sean Treacy
1.1.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.6    3 weeks ago

there were legal experts who testified during impeachment. That was the point of their testimony.  It’s in the record. Why do it again?

A trial without witnesses?  The Republicans should all be ashamed. 

there were 18 witnesses, including those who testified about the legal implications of the allegations.  The jury doesn’t believe the allegations constitute a removable offense, even if proven.  That’s what motions to dismiss are for.

this should have ended when there was no bipartisan support for an impeachment inquiry. It was clear than it was just an exercise in partisanship. 

JohnRussell
1.1.8  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.7    3 weeks ago

A president who would , rather openly, try to cheat to win the election is not fit for office.  Someone who is not fit for office should not be in office. 

The failure is on the part of those who want to keep him there, not the rest of us. 

JohnRussell
1.1.9  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.5    3 weeks ago
Trump said it was perfect. it doesn’t make it a high crime that it wasn’t.

If trying to cheat in your election, and getting caught, is not a "high crime" for a president, than nothing is. 

Sean Treacy
1.1.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.9    3 weeks ago

If trying to cheat in your election, and getting caught, is not a "high crime" for a president, than nothin

Using the FBI to bug your opponent’s phones and plane, like LBJ did, is cheating. Asking Ukraine to investigate a potential crime, even if there  is political advantage in the investigation, is not on that level.

Sean Treacy
1.1.11  Sean Treacy  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.7    3 weeks ago

should have added this Biden quote:

”In a number of previous impeachment trials, the Senate has reached the judgment that its constitutional role as a sole trier of impeachments does not require it to take new evidence or hear live witness testimony.”

CB
1.1.12  CB   replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.6    3 weeks ago

So we got screwed when republicans controlled the House; then we got screwed when republicans controlled the Senate; and we GOT screwed again when republicans STILL control the Senate: What's the moral to this story? (Hint: "Meet the New Boss, same as the old boss.")

CB
1.1.13  CB   replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.9    3 weeks ago

It is not possible for criminals to see theft as a crime. It never occurs to them that cheating is wrong. In fact, criminals wonder what is wrong with the rest of us.

JohnRussell
1.1.14  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.10    3 weeks ago
Asking Ukraine to investigate a potential crime, even if there  is political advantage in the investigation, is not on that level.

Trump does not have even the slightest sincere interest in ending "corruption" in Ukraine. The concept is laughable.  Maybe they have room for you on the White House communications staff Sean. 

What happened is that Trump was immersing himself in crackpot right wing conspiracy theories that fed into his pathetic sense of self -grievance.  When Mueller was winding down without the hammer coming down on him, Trump saw it was time to make his move in Ukraine. And he did, and he got caught.  This clown is not remotely fit to be president of the United States, and you know it. 

Split Personality
1.1.15  Split Personality  replied to  CB @1.1.13    3 weeks ago

Yes, I believe they call us "rubes" and "marks" regardless of religious or political affiliation, or any other affliction...jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

CB
1.1.16  CB   replied to  Split Personality @1.1.15    3 weeks ago

Well, I have been patient and open long enough with that bad faith crowd.

Ronin2
1.1.17  Ronin2  replied to  CB @1.1.12    2 weeks ago

Pure partisan tripe.

Substitute Democrats for Republicans in your spiel and it will be just as true.

CB
1.1.18  CB   replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.17    2 weeks ago

Prove it. Or, slap your demagogue hard across his face!

bbl-1
2  bbl-1    2 weeks ago

Well, once again Trump slid through. 

I do have some consternation as to why the Chief Justice of The Supreme Court permitted testimony and accusations to made in 'this so called trial' that were either not true or were said without any proof or documentation in these proceedings of which he was allegedly overseeing.

And this too.  I've often wondered what would have happened or how Trump would have responded, if in those years long passed when he made it a point to be on the 'talk show circuits' to promote his Birtherism accusations---if somebody like President Obama would have made a pubic statement that he was leaving his presidential badge on the table and would seek out Trump and demand he produce the evidence Trump's so called Hawaiian Investigators gathered or he ( Obama ) would kick his ( Trump's ) ass.

I wonder if the preceding paragraph would have happened if there would have never been a Donald J. Trump as we now know it? 

bbl-1
2.1  bbl-1  replied to  bbl-1 @2    2 weeks ago

Am amazed that none on this 'alleged news/discussion site' that not one of you have an opinion or thought on my third paragraph. 

Then again, perhaps some things are really not what they purport to be, maybe? 

Texan1211
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1    2 weeks ago
Am amazed that none on this 'alleged news/discussion site' that not one of you have an opinion or thought on my third paragraph. 

Was someone holding Obama back?

Your paragraph is rather entertaining, but that is as far as it goes.

bbl-1
2.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    2 weeks ago

Entertaining?  Really?  What if he'd told him he'd kick his ass.  Put up or shut up.  How would Trump have handled that?  What would he have done.  After all, it was Trump making the Birther thing an issue.  It's all on him.  He was the main one pushing it.  How do you think Trump would react to a person standing their ground and demanding Trump either put up or shut up or he'd get his ass kicked in front of the world with the cameras rolling?  What would Trump have done?  Have any idea Mr. Texan1211?

Texan1211
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.2    2 weeks ago
How do you think Trump would react to a person standing their ground and demanding Trump either put up or shut up or he'd get his ass kicked in front of the world with the cameras rolling?  What would Trump have done?  Have any idea Mr. Texan1211?

Don't know, don't really care.

Just not all that important to me.

"What ifs" don't hold my attention for long.

bbl-1
2.1.4  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.3    2 weeks ago

Really?  The 'what if's' are the fulcrum of your discussions.

Texan1211
2.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.4    2 weeks ago
Really?  The 'what if's' are the fulcrum of your discussions.

Why don't you quote me then instead of posting a lie?

Come on, QUOTE ME AND PROVE YOUR STATEMENT.

If you can, of course. Should I check back in a week or two?