╌>

Trump says military may consider discipline for ousted aide Vindman

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  4 years ago  •  3 comments

By:   Reporting by Jeff Mason

Trump says military may consider discipline for ousted aide Vindman
If you look at what happened ... they're going to certainly, I would imagine, take a look at that

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday the military may consider disciplining former White House National Security Council aide Alexander Vindman, who testified in Trump's impeachment trial.

Vindman, an Army lieutenant colonel who provided some of the most damaging testimony during an investigation by the U.S. House of Representatives of Trump's dealings with Ukraine, was ousted from his White House job last week.

"We sent him on his way to a much different location and the military can handle him any way they want," Trump said.

Asked if he was suggesting that Vindman face disciplinary action, Trump said that would be up to the military.
"If you look at what happened ... they're going to certainly, I would imagine, take a look at that," Trump said.

In his testimony, Vindman, then the NSC's top Ukraine expert, said that Trump’s request for an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden, a potential Democratic political rival in the 2020 election, and his son Hunter during a July phone call with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskiy was improper.

The call led to the Republican president being impeached in the Democratic-controlled House and later acquitted in the Republican-majority Senate.

"I obviously wasn't happy with the job he did," Trump said of Vindman. "First of all he reported a false call ... what was said on the call was totally appropriate."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

Asked if he was suggesting that Vindman face disciplinary action, Trump said that would be up to the military.

"If you look at what happened ... they're going to certainly, I would imagine, take a look at that," Trump said.

In the end, I hope that Trump is the one who 'goes through some things'.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    4 years ago

It will be interesting to see if Vindman's military superiors take up for him or take up for Trump. 

Most people thought Trump would wait until after he got re-elected to go full blown authoritarian/dictator. 

Perhaps he senses there is no re-election in the cards for him and he has made his move early, because later will be too late. 

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
2  Steve Ott    4 years ago

"First of all he reported a false call

Perhaps it is just me, since the story of the snake reminds me of the similar story of the scorpion and the frog and its even more Trumpian punchline: "I can't help it. It's my character." A Trumps gotta lie, that's what a Trump does.