╌>

AOC lowers expectations on Medicare for All, admitting Sanders 'can't wave a magic wand' to pass it

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  it-is-me  •  4 years ago  •  21 comments

By:   David Knowles

AOC lowers expectations on Medicare for All, admitting Sanders 'can't wave a magic wand' to pass it
“A president can’t wave a magic wand and pass any legislation they want,”

Her "Foot-in-mouth" disease is funny to see/hear.

“FYI, I speak for myself as a member of Congress- if I were speaking on behalf of a campaign, I’d say so!”

And here I thought she was out Stumping " FOR ", "FOR", "FOR"   Bernie all this time ! jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Maybe NOT ? jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Bernie must be disappointed ? jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

Vote Bernie, for at least Trying a "Fools Errand" (See AOC comments) ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said Thursday that if Sen. Bernie Sanders were elected president, he still might not be able to get Medicare for All, his signature health plan, passed in Congress.

“A president can’t wave a magic wand and pass any legislation they want,” Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., told HuffPost this week.

While Ocasio-Cortez rarely tempers expectations when championing ideas like Medicare for All and the Green New Deal to fight climate change she helped author, she went on to suggest that under a President Sanders, a “compromise” might emerge on health care, even though she still considers Sanders’s bill the gold standard.

-----------------------------------

Ocasio-Cortez’s comments this week were not lost on some of the Democrats who fought to get Obamacare passed into law.

That left Sanders’s most high-profile surrogate to try to clarify her views on how much moderation was too much on the subject of health care.

“FYI, I speak for myself as a member of Congress- if I were speaking on behalf of a campaign, I’d say so!” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted in response to Tanden. “2nd I think there’s a legitimate convo btwn starting with what you want & starting w/ compromise. I believe a public option is worse than M4A, so we should fight for M4A 1st.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    4 years ago

Newbs ! jrSmiley_103_smiley_image.jpg

squiggy
Junior Silent
3  squiggy    4 years ago

84872132_2855700877822885_7449975204203200512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=WSBVBEOBUtoAX9gbqof&_nc_ht=scontent.fabe1-1.fna&oh=c83e6ad061abcdc451f78d64538204fd&oe=5EFF093E

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1  Jasper2529  replied to  squiggy @3    4 years ago

ocasio-cortez-stop-making-me-look-stupid-i-can-do-it-myself.jpg?resize=500%2C414&ssl=1

squiggy
Junior Silent
3.1.1  squiggy  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1    4 years ago

83029735_2832532140139759_6780573893645041664_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ohc=cN8u_kojXS0AX-orAro&_nc_ht=scontent.fabe1-1.fna&oh=2953d2f0ec60f69bd66acb2a29178860&oe=5ECA53BA

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  squiggy @3.1.1    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4  Jasper2529    4 years ago
Her "Foot-in-mouth" disease is funny to see/hear.

“FYI, I speak for myself as a member of Congress- if I were speaking on behalf of a campaign, I’d say so!”

And here I thought she was out Stumping "FOR","FOR", "FOR"  Bernie all this time !

The bartender is laying the foundation for a presidential run ... when she's old enough!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1  Sparty On  replied to  Jasper2529 @4    4 years ago

Add that one to your set .... should get plenty of laughs

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.2  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Jasper2529 @4    4 years ago
when she's old enough!

Children say the darndest things ! jrSmiley_40_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5  Sparty On    4 years ago

Looks like PR people finally got through to little miss can’t wrong

squiggy
Junior Silent
5.1  squiggy  replied to  Sparty On @5    4 years ago

Pelosi must have cuffed the noisy four freshmen. I haven't noticed a lot of them lately - which is a point against 'throwing out all the bums' at election time. Seniority does beget rules which bring order to an institution, otherwise a legislature full of equal voices would look like a NYC street corner and business would cease.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  squiggy @5.1    4 years ago

They all have elections to win in few months .... gotta start faking it now to get by .....

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

I guess Trump didn't get that memo.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6    4 years ago

Did Trump pass any legislation he wanted by himself? Did he make any new laws by himself?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.2  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6    4 years ago

Soooo..... AOC is "Wrong" …… AGAIN ?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6    4 years ago

Since you said that "Trump didn't get that memo", I look forward to reading your detailed list of the legislation Trump passed.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7  Jasper2529    4 years ago

“A president can’t wave a magic wand and pass any legislation they want,” Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., told HuffPost this week.

AOC,who graduated from BU "with honors", still doesn't understand the functions of our 3 government branches. She thinks that the POTUS (Executive Branch) passes legislation!  jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    4 years ago

Nah, this seems ok to me. This just seems like the truth or maybe I missed something. 

We should be nicer to her cuz she's kinda hot sometimes.

squiggy
Junior Silent
8.1  squiggy  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago

She's hot all the time but so was Georgette, (Georgia Engel).

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  squiggy @8.1    4 years ago

IME the hot ones can be the craziest .....