So what did you think of it?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sparty On    4 years ago

It was okay but i was not impressed.

Looking forward to Better call Saul starting back up though.

Lots of good possibilities there ....

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Sparty On @1    4 years ago

El Camino I didn't much care for. Now Better call Saul, I just binge watched all the episodes again last weekend. I'm waiting.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1    4 years ago

Yeah, i think that is pretty much the consensus on the movie.

I'm looking forward to seeing Hank again in BCS .... looks like he might be introduced in this season

zuksam
Junior Silent
1.2  zuksam  replied to  Sparty On @1    4 years ago

I liked it for what it was. It was never meant to be a stand alone movie it really was just a final episode since the original final left everyone wondering what happed to Jesse (I was unsatisfied with the original ending as it pertained to Jesse). The pace of the movie was just about the same as the original series. Now Jesse's story has been buttoned up. I had already seen this movie and it's a strange story. I rented it from Amazon even though it was a Netflix only movie, apparently there are two movies called El Camino and someone put the wrong one on Amazon for rent. About three days after I rented it Amazon apologized for the problem (even though I watched it and had no problems or complaints) and refunded my 3.99 and gave me a 25.00 gift card. So I got paid 25 bucks to watch the movie which made me like it even more. 

I did watch it again on sunday and I liked being able to watch the series final right before the movie.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    4 years ago

I saw it.

Thought it was a big let down, like watching the Godfather Part III. 

On the other hand, the TV Series "Breaking Bad" kept my interest from beginning to end and I only got a chance to see the series long after it had it's run on TV. I got to see it not long ago as part of a complete showing of every episode in-order. An entire weekend of all those great characters & great writing! It kind of captured the wildness on New Mexico (a place Iv'e been) and it was a true tv drama. The character of Jesse Pinkman was a key ingredient in that story. Pinkman also is the personification of everything that went wrong with the baby boomers (many of them) and their descendants.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    4 years ago

Yeah, Breaking Bad was so good, especially the ending, it was going to be hard to meet expectations.    Loved the M-60 rig!!

Better Call Saul is doing fine so far in that regard imo.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1    4 years ago
especially the ending

New Mexico to New Hampshire in mid winter.....Ahhh do I know that feeling!  And that brief moment when he had "El Paso" on the car radio, I really fealt like I was reliving something.

Loved the M-60 rig!!

Me too!

Better Call Saul is doing fine so far in that regard imo.

A great character, worthy of a spin-off!

For about a dozen years I had my own limo company. A lot of times I was out there driving too. (John Bolton and Noam Chomsky were some of my clients). One day I was talking with one of the many consultants we used to ferry around. I was telling him about my first trip out to Gallup NM to see a special Senorita. As we were ending the discussion he asked if I had ever seen the TV series "Breaking Bad?"  I told him I never heard of it. He said it was set in NM and was sure I'd like it. I caught all of it in one weekend a few years later. I had a bottle of Rum and a six pack of Coke and I watched every single episode. Slept all day Monday!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.1    4 years ago
I caught all of it in one weekend a few years later. I had a bottle of Rum and a six pack of Coke and I watched every single episode.

LOL .... You are not the first person to tell me a story like that.   It's a binge worthy series to say the least.

And Noam Chomsky in a limo ..... something not right about that ..... jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.2    4 years ago
And Noam Chomsky in a limo

He lived in Lexington MA at that time. The first time I took him to the airport (it must have been 2009 or 2010), I was putting him on a bit about the financial crisis. I told him I was concerned about Investment Bankers going under!  Lol. He said to me "your'e driving me around and your'e worried about them? Well, you have nothing to worry about. They were all laughing about how much bailout money they were getting." I cracked up a little when he said it. It wasn't long before he had me figured out. It was all smiles thereafter whenever I saw him!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    4 years ago

How funny.  I am watching GF III as I am typing.  I don't have Netflix, so I can't comment on the show.  The only El Camino I know of at this time is a car.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.2    4 years ago

El Camino was an attempt at an epilogue to the TV series "Breaking Bad". I saw it Sunday night on AMC.  

You didn't miss much.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.2  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.2    4 years ago

See now you have an interesting possibility here.   If you haven't seen Breaking Bad, you could now catch up on "Better Call Saul" which is the prequel to "Breaking Bad"  and also on AMC.  

You could theoretically watch it in order which would be pretty cool but you'll have to watch Better Call Saul to completion .... probably at least two or three more years.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.1    4 years ago

I watched one episode of BB and I was not impressed after all of the hype preceding it.

zuksam
Junior Silent
2.2.4  zuksam  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.2.3    4 years ago
I watched one episode of BB and I was not impressed

The series is an evolving story and something awesome didn't happen in every episode in fact some were pretty disappointing but taken as a whole it was fantastic. You have to start with the first episode and watch the whole thing and luckily you can watch it without having to endure all the cliffhangers and waiting a week or 7 months to find out what would happen next.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.5  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.2.3    4 years ago

Give it chance ...... I doubt you’ll be disappointed ..... 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.2.3    4 years ago

I'm sure your'e not alone. I think one needs to believe that a decent human being could somehow become a criminal. Few people believe that is credible. There is one line in all of those episodes that stands alone IMO. After assuring his wife, many times over, that he did what he did for his family, Walter White finally admitted to her - that he did i for himself - he liked it!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.7  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.6    4 years ago

My favorite line:

Say my name!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.7    4 years ago

I hear ya!  There were too many great lines in that series. Great writing and great acting.  

Imagine being handcuffed to Pinkman for a day?  

And what about Gus? - the man who never makes a mistake!

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.2.9  katrix  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.6    4 years ago
I think one needs to believe that a decent human being could somehow become a criminal. Few people believe that is credible.

We see that happen often enough that it is credible. I think you said you do/did work for the Federal government - so you know about insider threats and spies and how circumstances can make people do things you never thought they would do.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.10  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @2.2.9    4 years ago

The character development in that series was fantastic, so was casting.    One character after another ..... spot on imo.   I had several Chemistry teachers throughout my academic career.

They were all weird SOB's.   Every one ...

jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.11  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.8    4 years ago
And what about Gus? - the man who never makes a mistake!

Yeah unitl .... boom ..... face off .....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  katrix @2.2.9    4 years ago
I think you said you do/did work for the Federal government

Nope, I never did. I did know people who had different sides to them. I think we may all have seen it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.13  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.11    4 years ago

Yup, up until that point, I wanted to be him.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.14  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.13    4 years ago

No more  Hermanos de Pollo ......

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.15  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.14    4 years ago

What a great front that was! And he was active in the community and a staunch advocate for law and order!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.16  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.15    4 years ago

I liked when he sponsored DEA events and brought them Chicken when they were standing vigil at a hospital ...... smart, twisted and classic at the time

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.17  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.16    4 years ago

All that was missing would be a scene with Gus driving home saying "What a bunch of suckers we have out here in Albuquerque!"

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.18  seeder  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.17    4 years ago

Yup, looking forward to the development of the Gus character in BCS

zuksam
Junior Silent
2.2.19  zuksam  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.18    4 years ago

I think Skinny Pete and Badger need their own show "The Continuing Adventures of Skinny Pete and Badger". Those guys are like Bevis and Butthead. 

user image
Freshman Silent
2.2.20    replied to  zuksam @2.2.19    4 years ago

Badger was freaking hilarious. One of my favorites in the show. I love when they are arguing over nazi zombies and left4dead. "Dude you are so historically retarded, Nazi zombies don't just want to eat you just because they are craving the protein, they do it because they hate America man" jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

And Skinny Pete : Hey, man, I'm slingin' mad volume and fat stackin' benjis, you know what I'm sayin'? I can't be all about, like, spelling and shit.

Those two were definitely great supporting characters